2020 & 2021 CB Prospects

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Booker T. kid Connor seems like a beast too
The jit Rance Connor is a beast, had a very good Sophomore season last year.

He's another one of the young Bulldogs at Corner in Dade for the 21 class, but the question mark with him will be his true height. He's listed at 5'10 but looks a lil shorter than that.

I like his ability overall though, but Corey Collier & Jason Marshall will be top 2 targets locally for next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The jit Ranch Conner is a beast, had a very good Sophomore season last year.

He's another one of the young Bulldogs at Corner in Dade for the 21 class, but the question mark with him will be his true height. He's listed at 5'10 but looks a lil shorter than that.

I like his ability overall though, but Corey Collier & Jason Marshall will be top 2 targets locally for next year.
In your opinion are both those guys better than any Dade kid this year besides Francois ?

Advertisement
I first originally posted on Hodges back in December of 2018 (see page 1), even back then I liked this kid as a prospect.

He's one of the most technically sound players I've seen at the High school level as a Junior heading into his Senior year. The kid's footwork is top notch, flips his hips well, tracks the ball in the air, stays in the WR's hip pocket & has good ball skills.

The only knock on him is he's doesn't have the blazing speed you'd like, but he plays much faster than his 40 time & given how advanced he is in technique it makes up for what he lacks in pure strait line speed.

A legit 6'1/6'2 big physical Corner with high leaping ability as well, reminds me of Jimmy Smith from the Ravens.

I love this pickup, under Rumph's tutelage this kid could be a real killer in the ACC.

Advertisement

51 DB's (32 CB's) in the 2019 draft selected & the majority of them were not 5-stars coming out of HS.

The first DB taken in the 2019 draft was S Darnell Savage Jr out of Maryland, a 3-star ATH from Delaware.
The first CB taken was Deandre Baker a local 3-star from MNW.

Rock Ya-Sin (Temple) was an unrated Prep school kid & got drafted at pick 34 (#2) in the 2nd round. Sean Bunting was a low ranked converted WR coming out HS & was a high 2nd round pick out of Central Michigan. Lonnie Johnson Jr was a 3-star CB from Indiana who went to 2 different Jucos before ending up at Kentucky & was a 2nd round draft pick.

I could go on, but the point is the key is to find the right player that fits your system & develop them. Recruit traits & upside as to what the player will look like after 3-4 years in your system. Am I saying don't recruit 4/5-star players or that stars don't matter? NO. I'm saying the most important factor is how YOU (the Coach/program) evaluate the player & how you see them in long run down the line.

I first originally posted on Hodges back in December of 2018 (see page 1), even back then I liked this kid as a prospect.

He's one of the most technically sound players I've seen at the High school level as a Junior heading into his Senior year. The kid's footwork is top notch, flips his hips well, tracks the ball in the air, stays in the WR's hip pocket & has good ball skills.

The only knock on him is he's doesn't have the blazing speed you'd like, but he plays much faster than his 40 time & given how advanced he is in technique it makes up for what he lacks in pure strait line speed.

A legit 6'1/6'2 big physical Corner with high leaping ability as well, reminds me of Jimmy Smith from the Ravens.

I love this pickup, under Rumph's tutelage this kid could be a real killer in the ACC.
EXACTLY how I would describe him.

Everybody's concerned about meaningless combine numbers.
The kid simply KNOWS HOW TO PLAY CORNER. He's a football player.

51 DB's (32 CB's) in the 2019 draft selected & the majority of them were not 5-stars coming out of HS.

The first DB taken in the 2019 draft was S Darnell Savage Jr out of Maryland, a 3-star ATH from Delaware.
The first CB taken was Deandre Baker a local 3-star from MNW.

Rock Ya-Sin (Temple) was an unrated Prep school kid & got drafted at pick 34 (#2) in the 2nd round. Sean Bunting was a low ranked converted WR coming out HS & was a high 2nd round pick out of Central Michigan. Lonnie Johnson Jr was a 3-star CB from Indiana who went to 2 different Jucos before ending up at Kentucky & was a 2nd round draft pick.

I could go on, but the point is the key is to find the right player that fits your system & develop them. Recruit traits & upside as to what the player will look like after 3-4 years in your system. Am I saying don't recruit 4/5-star players or that stars don't matter? NO. I'm saying the most important factor is how YOU (the Coach/program) evaluate the player & how you see them in long run down the line.

My 1 question is why hasn't Rumph had a guy go in the 1st 2 days of the draft yet? I think he's a good developer of talent but why hasn't it translated yet?

Advertisement
Back