2019 RB's

He is better than Davis imo, but I like Davis...Agree to disagree. And you def can make room for 3 RB with what we have/don't have on the roster. Richt agrees with you, so so be it. You don't turn down a beast like Curry when he's banging on your door imo.

He's not better than Davis.

Look man, your little opinion means nothing to me...They both have strengths, I like the improvements Davis showed in spring game with patience and actually making people miss (he doesn't make anyone miss on soph/junior clips). I like Davis's hands for sure and his no-nonsense, efficient style, but it's hard to be an inside, straight line runner at a maxed out 195/200lbs. Glad we got Davis, but Curry is the goods in a power running offense. It's not about one or the other, it's about building a stable and pounding the rock like Richt likes to do.

Davis reminds me a lot of Guice from LSU, and I can certainly live with that. Needs to improve his feet, and the spring game tape showed that...It's often a tough thing to improve though, you either have it or you don't.

Davis= Guice
Curry= T.Rich/Collins, bruiser with feet and speed. The two have similarities, but Curry has a bigger frame then Davis, but may be maxed out as well at 19 years old or close to it already.

Bruh, While I agree with you I like Currys sophomore tape better than Davis', No way in **** we can take 3 RBs this class. And we already have Davis, so no point in going for Curry.
Our RB depth is fine right now. The worst thing we could do is oversign. Plus the 2019 class of RB is more stacked than this class is anyways.

Sure there is...No different than 4th DT (4th DT may be more important, but it better be the right one), 7th DB, 4th WR, etc...Is 3 RB a must? **** no. But there are about 5-6 RB in the nation that if they are beating down UM's door (and Curry was), you take 'em.

You don't take him! We got 2 good backs! But you can continue to "prove" your argument for two or three more pages.

Advertisement
2 RBs for a D1 program is insane! Look back at the 1998-2001 roster at the U, and tell me how many elite RBs were on the team? D1 programs should have at least 5 solid RBs on the roster, in my opinion. I am talking about development, and you are just talking about playing for the season. Championship teams reload...not wait to rebuild each year! By the way, we had Gore, Portis, MaGahee, Jackson, and Walter Payton son on the roster during those years. McGahee had to wait his turn, but he was prepared physically and mentally to be the man. I rather have 5 RBs then 4 QBs. The 4th and 5th RBs can still help the team on special teams, as to the 3rd and 4th QBs hold clip boards or sending in signals. SMH about just 2 RBs for a D1 program. WOW!

2 RBs for a D1 program is insane! Look back at the 1998-2001 roster at the U, and tell me how many elite RBs were on the team? D1 programs should have at least 5 solid RBs on the roster, in my opinion. I am talking about development, and you are just talking about playing for the season. Championship teams reload...not wait to rebuild each year! By the way, we had Gore, Portis, MaGahee, Jackson, and Walter Payton son on the roster during those years. McGahee had to wait his turn, but he was prepared physically and mentally to be the man. I rather have 5 RBs then 4 QBs. The 4th and 5th RBs can still help the team on special teams, as to the 3rd and 4th QBs hold clip boards or sending in signals. SMH about just 2 RBs for a D1 program. WOW!

wtf are you talking about? We're talking about RECRUITING just 2 RBs. Not having only 2 RBs on the team.
If we only recruit 2 RBs, we will have 4.5-5.5 RBs on the team still:
Travis Homer
Robert Burns
Deejay Dallas (he's the 0.5, since he'll probably also play WR)
Trayone Gray (He's the reason why its 4 or 5. Might not be on the team)
Lorenzo Lingard
Camron Davis

And after we take another 2 in 2019, We will be over 5 RBs.

Advertisement
Back