2019 RB's

Curry is not better than none of the rbs we are after in 2019. Can't overload rb classes like that, this ain't ncaa football 14... got to spread talent out. We got our 2 in this class and should take 2 next class

He is better than Davis imo, but I like Davis...Agree to disagree. And you def can make room for 3 RB with what we have/don't have on the roster. Richt agrees with you, so so be it. You don't turn down a beast like Curry when he's banging on your door imo.

He's not better than Davis.

Look man, your little opinion means nothing to me...They both have strengths, I like the improvements Davis showed in spring game with patience and actually making people miss (he doesn't make anyone miss on soph/junior clips). I like Davis's hands for sure and his no-nonsense, efficient style, but it's hard to be an inside, straight line runner at a maxed out 195/200lbs. Glad we got Davis, but Curry is the goods in a power running offense. It's not about one or the other, it's about building a stable and pounding the rock like Richt likes to do.

Davis reminds me a lot of Guice from LSU, and I can certainly live with that. Needs to improve his feet, and the spring game tape showed that...It's often a tough thing to improve though, you either have it or you don't.

Davis= Guice
Curry= T.Rich/Collins, bruiser with feet and speed. The two have similarities, but Curry has a bigger frame then Davis, but may be maxed out as well at 19 years old or close to it already.

Bruh, While I agree with you I like Currys sophomore tape better than Davis', No way in **** we can take 3 RBs this class. And we already have Davis, so no point in going for Curry.
Our RB depth is fine right now. The worst thing we could do is oversign. Plus the 2019 class of RB is more stacked than this class is anyways.

Advertisement
Curry is not better than none of the rbs we are after in 2019. Can't overload rb classes like that, this ain't ncaa football 14... got to spread talent out. We got our 2 in this class and should take 2 next class

He is better than Davis imo, but I like Davis...Agree to disagree. And you def can make room for 3 RB with what we have/don't have on the roster. Richt agrees with you, so so be it. You don't turn down a beast like Curry when he's banging on your door imo.

Look man, your little opinion means nothing to me...They both have strengths, I like the improvements Davis showed in spring game with patience and actually making people miss (he doesn't make anyone miss on soph/junior clips). I like Davis's hands for sure and his no-nonsense, efficient style, but it's hard to be an inside, straight line runner at a maxed out 195/200lbs. Glad we got Davis, but Curry is the goods in a power running offense. It's not about one or the other, it's about building a stable and pounding the rock like Richt likes to do.

Davis reminds me a lot of Guice from LSU, and I can certainly live with that. Needs to improve his feet, and the spring game tape showed that...It's often a tough thing to improve though, you either have it or you don't.

Davis= Guice
Curry= T.Rich/Collins, bruiser with feet and speed. The two have similarities, but Curry has a bigger frame then Davis, but may be maxed out as well at 19 years old or close to it already.

Bruh, While I agree with you I like Currys sophomore tape better than Davis', No way in **** we can take 3 RBs this class. And we already have Davis, so no point in going for Curry.
Our RB depth is fine right now. The worst thing we could do is oversign. Plus the 2019 class of RB is more stacked than this class is anyways.

Sure there is...No different than 4th DT (4th DT may be more important, but it better be the right one), 7th DB, 4th WR, etc...Is 3 RB a must? **** no. But there are about 5-6 RB in the nation that if they are beating down UM's door (and Curry was), you take 'em.

Davis= Guice

Sure there is...No different than 4th DT (4th DT may be more important, but it better be the right one), 7th DB, 4th WR, etc...Is 3 RB a must? **** no. But there are about 5-6 RB in the nation that if they are beating down UM's door (and Curry was), you take 'em.

No, it's nothing like those other positions.
We could lose both our starting DTs this year, and Moten is graduating. Quite Simply we need as many good DTs as we can get. But we still aren't taking 4DTs (we probably should be), so I'm not really sure of your point here. Regardless, 4DTs split into two positions is still only 2 at each spot. So getting 3 RBs is still more than getting 4 DTs is.

And what you are saying for DB makes even less sense. There are 5 DB spots, so taking 7 is not oversigning compared to 3 RBs. Delaney will be gone after this yr, and if Dean has a good season he might too. That would leave us with Young as the only proven CB. Obviously Bandy looks good, But Henley will leave by attrition, and Jackson might do the same. Plus CB is a position where 3 players essentially start, so we NEED like 4 cbs in this class. At safety we're only slightly better because Jaquan and Redwine aren't going to leave early. And Carter and Smith is a solid haul from last year. But the other two are also likely to leave by attrition. Also, there are two safety positions, so once Again, I'd say we need 2-3 Safeties. 7 DBs is not oversigning compared to 3 RBs.

Curry is no top 5-6 RB in the nation. He isn't even close to the talent Lingard is. So no, he is not an autotake regardless how many other RBs we have committed. Especially when next year theres probably at least 3-4+ RBs we have a great shot with that are better than him in next years class.

Davis= Guice

We could lose both our starting DTs this year, and Moten is graduating. Quite Simply we need as many good DTs as we can get. But we still aren't taking 4DTs (we probably should be), so I'm not really sure of your point here. Regardless, 4DTs split into two positions is still only 2 at each spot. So getting 3 RBs is still more than getting 4 DTs is.

And what you are saying for DB makes even less sense. There are 5 DB spots, so taking 7 is not oversigning compared to 3 RBs. Delaney will be gone after this yr, and if Dean has a good season he might too. That would leave us with Young as the only proven CB. Obviously Bandy looks good, But Henley will leave by attrition, and Jackson might do the same. Plus CB is a position where 3 players essentially start, so we NEED like 4 cbs in this class. At safety we're only slightly better because Jaquan and Redwine aren't going to leave early. And Carter and Smith is a solid haul from last year. But the other two are also likely to leave by attrition. Also, there are two safety positions, so once Again, I'd say we need 2-3 Safeties. 7 DBs is not oversigning compared to 3 RBs.

Curry is no top 5-6 RB in the nation. He isn't even close to the talent Lingard is. So no, he is not an autotake regardless how many other RBs we have committed. Especially when next year theres probably at least 3-4+ RBs we have a great shot with that are better than him in next years class.
Henley is gone

We need to take 6-7 dbs
As you said Delaney is a senior, dean could leave if he has an excellent season, Jackson will be a senior and he could transfer out.
Then at cb we would have a junior malek young and sophmore Trajan bandy and the 2018 recruiting class of dbs

Last edited:

Davis= Guice

Henley is gone

We need to take 6-7 dbs
As you said Delaney is a senior, dean could leave if he has an excellent season, Jackson will be a season and he could transfer out.
Then at cb we would have a junior malek young and sophmore Trajan bandy and the 2018 recruiting class of dbs

I agree we need to take 6 DBS, wouldn't argue with 7...

Advertisement

Henley is gone

We need to take 6-7 dbs
As you said Delaney is a senior, dean could leave if he has an excellent season, Jackson will be a season and he could transfer out.

I agree we need to take 6 DBS, wouldn't argue with 7...

I'm fully on board with taking
Jobe
Campbell
Hall
Blades
Frierson
Ivey
Only so yeah 6 then

Davis= Guice

Our difference is in our opinion on Curry, I think he is close to Lingard's talent, it's cool if you don't. Imo, there aren't many Currys out there. That's why LSU/UF/Mich (teams and coaches that pride themselves on busting your head and lean on a power running game) were all over Curry.

I'm fine with it, and I like what we got.

Assuming 25, and 7 DB and 4 DT which you seem to be stuck on and is fine by me (I love 4 DT, that's what I think we should be shooting for and what I'm worried about more than any position of us not getting)

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

your last spot 2 spots could come from FB/3rd RB/4th OL /2nd DE/2nd LB/4th WR...No prob. And for all we know we end up 26.

And yup I love next year's RB class too, so I've been ready to move on. But if you are asking from the time I started looking at all film from Dec/Jan for the upcoming year, the one kid I am shocked that Mark Richt hasn't offered it's Chris Curry.

I feel like mcintosh has a higher ceiling that wright

I feel the same way, although they all are Cane caliber backs. I also follow the stack chips when available mantra too. Since his brother is a Cane, I'm sure Kenny has been hanging out with his brother on the yard and with many current Canes. That's got to mean something, if the staff is high him.

Advertisement

Davis= Guice

Our difference is in our opinion on Curry, I think he is close to Lingard's talent, it's cool if you don't. Imo, there aren't many Currys out there. That's why LSU/UF/Mich (teams and coaches that pride themselves on busting your head and lean on a power running game) were all over Curry.

Assuming 25, and 7 DB and 4 DT which you seem to be stuck on and is fine by me (I love 4 DT, that's what I think we should be shooting for and what I'm worried about more than any position of us not getting)

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

your last spot 2 spots could come from FB/3rd RB/4th OL /2nd DE/2nd LB/4th WR...No prob. And for all we know we end up 26.

And yup I love next year's RB class too, so I've been ready to move on. But if you are asking from the time I started looking at all film from Dec/Jan for the upcoming year, the one kid I am shocked that Mark Richt hasn't offered it's Chris Curry.

We're almost definitely signing over 25 for 2018. Based on EE's and backcounting, I'd estimate we definitely could have a class size in the 30s, although we shouldn't want that because it messes up future classes. I've been guessing about 27 for the 2018 class. A class size close to 25 and a lot of attrition is the only way the 2019 class can reach close to 20.
And while I Think 4 DTs in this class would actually be perfectly fine, I completely doubt that it happens. I think 2 or maybe 3 is much more realistic.

For 2018:.............|.................For 2019:
---------------------|-------------------------
QB - 1..................................QB - 1
RB - 2...................................RB - 2
WR - 3/4...............................WR - 3
TE - 2...................................TE - 1
OL - 3/4................................OL - 3/4
DT - 3...................................DT - 1/2
DE - 2...................................DE - 1/2
LB - 1/2................................LB - 3
DB - 6/7...............................DB - 3/4/5
K/P - 1..................................K/P - 0

Choc is going to pursue a career in platform diving and is looking to go to the 2020 Olympic Games as a platform diver.

I'd put more money on that than on him having an impact at RB for Miami.

But would you make the same bet if the staff moved him to receiver? It's obvious he is being misused.

Short answer: yes

It's possible that he can be moved and make an impact, but I'm still doubtful. By all accounts the kid is talented, so I'd love to see him helping the team, but until I see it on the field, skeptical.

Come on [MENTION=6001]kryptonite[/MENTION], you need to turn up the sarcasm radar.

Lol, sometimes you get a little too much internet and you start to assume everyone's an idiot. My bad.

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

We're almost definitely signing over 25 for 2018. Based on EE's and backcounting, I'd estimate we definitely could have a class size in the 30s, although we shouldn't want that because it messes up future classes. I've been guessing about 27 for the 2018 class. A class size close to 25 and a lot of attrition is the only way the 2019 class can reach close to 20.
And while I Think 4 DTs in this class would actually be perfectly fine, I completely doubt that it happens. I think 2 or maybe 3 is much more realistic.

Ya i've been over the numbers a bunch of times too, and agree with most of that...No big disagreements there, but I'd be shocked if we take 30 this year, I'd say btw 25-27. But I will say only 2 DT this year would be a HUGE disappointment, it's right there as big a need as any on this team this year along with DB/RB/TE, and probably #1 imo.

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

If we only land 2 DT , DJ has to be DT

Advertisement

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

....or McIntosh/Norton don't leave early.
Landing 2 DT's isn't the problem really. It's only when you combine that with us Losing those two and Moten...and Willis.

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

Landing 2 DT's isn't the problem really. It's only when you combine that with us Losing those two and Moten...and Willis.

Even if 1 or both stay it's a problem...I like the way FSU and a couple other schools recruit DT...THEY THROW NUMBERS AT IT. I don't want to have to depend too many 1st year players in the top 3 or 4. We are setting ourselves up that every DT we recruit has to be a HIT. And no one (even Kuhl) bats 1000.

Martin, Bethel, Ford...3 in 2 years. If only 2, 5 in 3 years at this position is not enough imo. Also maybe grad route would be huge next year for depth without Willis and if we have early early departure.

Advertisement
Load up on the RBs, and we should take at least 3. Why? RB development from HS to college to NFL is different, and coaches should not overload young players with a lot of touches. History has revealed how bad BAMA and LSU RBs are coach, and the success of the CANES loaded backs: Gore, Portis, McGahee, Jackson, James, Davenport, Myers, Conley, etc. Some HS RBs would need to redshirt to physically develop, in my opinion. I thought Yearby should have redshirted his freshman year, but we didn't have the depth. It's good to have at least 5 elite RBs on roster. The top 3 in the game plan, 4th playing special teams, and the 5th is a redshirt. Just my thoughts.

Load up on the RBs, and we should take at least 3. Why? RB development from HS to college to NFL is different, and coaches should not overload young players with a lot of touches. History has revealed how bad BAMA and LSU RBs are coach, and the success of the CANES loaded backs: Gore, Portis, McGahee, Jackson, James, Davenport, Myers, Conley, etc. Some HS RBs would need to redshirt to physically develop, in my opinion. I thought Yearby should have redshirted his freshman year, but we didn't have the depth. It's good to have at least 5 elite RBs on roster. The top 3 in the game plan, 4th playing special teams, and the 5th is a redshirt. Just my thoughts.

This isn't ncaa football 14. 2 is more than enough

Walton leaving next year is not a given. 2018 is the year the canes play for a NC. Yearby and Kaaya coming out too soon may weigh on his mind, it really depends on what kind of year he has and how close the canes get to the playoffs, may come back for unfinished business. A lot of fans thought Chubb and Sony were leaving for the NFL and they're back, same thing, unfinished business.

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
3 OL
1 K
4 DT
1 DE
1 LB
7 DB

No, landing 2 DT would be the problem...Regardless of who stays and who goes.

Advertisement
Back