2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Advertisement
I did. Evan was athletic, moved well in the pocket and was accurate with his throws. He may turn out to be a better option but we don’t know that until he gets into the system and competes. Other than that, it’s a similar situation.

Shirreffs best offer other than Miami was the Ivy League and VMI. He had zero BCS offers. Yes, this kid has no Power 5 offers but he has 5 BCS offers. I don't know if he can play here, but as a first year starter he has a lot of athletic upside. Worth a serious look. We need a 2019 freshman quarterback in this class.

Coached well. Great footwork and pocket presence. Has nice touch on the ball too. Arm strength needs to be improved.

He plays couple minutes from my house. My boy is an assistant b-ball coach there, I’ll try to find out more.

Find out why he didn't start till his senior year. Is he at a good football school, that had a good qb a year ahead of him, or was he just a really late bloomer.?

Advertisement
Shirreffs best offer other than Miami was the Ivy League and VMI. He had zero BCS offers. Yes, this kid has no Power 5 offers but he has 5 BCS offers. I don't know if he can play here, but as a first year starter he has a lot of athletic upside. Worth a serious look. We need a 2019 freshman quarterback in this class.

I am not denying it’s not worth a look. Just like it was worth giving a look at Shirreffs given our situation at QB and looking at his tape. All I am saying, is that there are similarities between the two situations and the fact that they are unheralded QB’s with some skills.

Sounds like a contingency plan to LeGendre. Or do we take two QBs and push Perry or Weldon out? Either way I love how Enos is aiming on a few select guys for 2019. Sounds like we will be adding a QB no matter what.

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Matocha-45573446/

6'4 200lbs 3-star QB from out of Houston Texas, goes to private school St. Thomas Catholic.

Late bloomer QB, that had 3,697yds 35TD's & 13INT's his Senior year, which was his first full year as a starter (played since a Soph but didn't start til Senior year). Also had 787yds & 14TD's rushing, as a Dual-threat QB with a cannon for an arm & very good mobility with 4.6/7 speed.

Kid is a pretty good athlete, was a High Jumper throughout HS as well.

Doesn't hold any major offers, just Wyoming, Umass, Tulane & UTEP.
(He didn't specify if he was offered by us as a PWO or not)

This kid deserves a scholly to me. Late riser with tons of upside. Pretty good athlete all-around. And if Enos offered, that means he sees good potential. This is the type of kid that comes in hungry and blows the 4/5 star QBs out of the water. Lets see

He's still scheduled to visit on February 1st, but already had OV's locked in with Tenn & FSU.

It appears we might be a little too late on the Lance LeGendre recuitment.
Instantly thinks to my self..HOW THE F WAS RICHT AND HIS SON COOL WITH NOT SCOURING FOR QBS LIKE THIS?.

Well they're gone so....

Kid has a full offer not a PWO. The fact that Enos has offered Legendre and this kid is good enough for me..they are trying to add numbers to qb room and letting the chips fall

This kid is a 1 to 2 year project.

Has big hands, a nice frame to grow, athletic family, sister at TA&M for track, intelligent and he has always been talented. He was on the D1 radar as a Soph. His frame looks like he could put on about 30-40 pounds. Doesn't look polished at all. But has some good athletic ability. He has a high ceiling if developed. He needs a lot of it. About 3 years away. FCS prospect but has a lot of developmental value long term.

Advertisement
LeGendre has terrible footwork and mechanics. Also does not show a very strong arm. I sometimes wonder if most of the posters on this site look at the film, of if they even know what to look for?

It is obvious that this kid is head and shoulders a more polished player than LeGendre. You can’t always judge a dude on offers or stars.

Kurt Warner went to a small college. So did Jerry Rice. Tom Brady wasn’t a highly recruited guy and drafted way late.

LeGendre has terrible footwork and mechanics. Also does not show a very strong arm. I sometimes wonder if most of the posters on this site look at the film, of if they even know what to look for?

It is obvious that this kid is head and shoulders a more polished player than LeGendre. You can’t always judge a dude on offers or stars.

Kurt Warner went to a small college. So did Jerry Rice. Tom Brady wasn’t a highly recruited guy and drafted way late.
DoEs NoT sHoW a VeRy StRoNg ArM...

Advertisement
DoEs NoT sHoW a VeRy StRoNg ArM...

Is that all you got, broke? One good pass. Doesn’t take away the fact that his footwork and mechanics are awful, and most of his throws are floaters.

He would need tons of work on the above mentioned skills to ever start at the U.

legendre literally has like 2 70 yd passes in his film. Not sure if you watch the film..arm strength isnt his issue

legendre literally has like 2 70 yd passes in his film. Not sure if you watch the film..arm strength isnt his issue

I’ll take my L on the arm strength debate. I stand by my statements on his footwork and throwing mechanics.

Is that all you got, broke? One good pass. Doesn’t take away the fact that his footwork and mechanics are awful, and most of his throws are floaters.

He would need tons of work on the above mentioned skills to ever start at the U.

That, and Peyton Matocha doesn't have a "cannon for an arm". He shows adequate strength, some touch, and great athleticism.

You actually couldn't be more off base about the two prospect's arm-strength, IMO, while simultaneously criticizing posters for not watching film.

Advertisement
Back