2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I want to look into anybody offered by Craig Bohl (Wyoming HC). He offered/coached Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, and future NFL QB Easton Stick.

Great post.

Matochas is clearly an athlete, given his track background, and makes some impressive throws rolling in either direction.

He may not pan out, but I love that we are scanning the nation for the next Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers or Josh Allen that blooms later.

Really difficult to judge QBs in high school - so much to consider from competition they play, quality of Oline and WRs they play with, etc.

What i saw that i liked:
Size - looks to have ideal size.
Speed - for his size, he can scoot....not MJJ speed but enough to be a zone read threat.
Some of his throws were in perfect locations, either throwing a guy open or putting it where only his guy can catch it. Now it is a highlight reel so that's what you expect to see, but something in the plus category bc it was multiple times.
He did climb the pocket a few times, either to throw or run, which is nice to see. Many kids that age only go back or side to side.
He made a couple throws running to his left where he completely torgued his body to square his shoulders before throwing.

Mechanically, the only thing i saw that immediately stood out was how low he carried the ball at times before coming through his release. I do have concerns over the quality of defenses he was playing and his completion percentage only being 58% (although i didn't see any screens/bubbles to boost that number).....and of course the offer list. But if we are going to take flyers on kids this late in the process at QB, his film is what i look for, a guy with tools to work with.

Advertisement
8cba7262820c31b64ae4724aac9c4511_400x400.jpeg

Advertisement
Instantly thinks to my self..HOW THE F WAS RICHT AND HIS SON COOL WITH NOT SCOURING FOR QBS LIKE THIS?.

Well they're gone so....

Kid has a full offer not a PWO. The fact that Enos has offered Legendre and this kid is good enough for me..they are trying to add numbers to qb room and letting the chips fall

Instantly thinks to my self..HOW THE F WAS RICHT AND HIS SON COOL WITH NOT SCOURING FOR QBS LIKE THIS?.

Well they're gone so....

Kid has a full offer not a PWO. The fact that Enos has offered Legendre and this kid is good enough for me..they are trying to add numbers to qb room and letting the chips fall

These freshman offers...scholarship and PWO...tell me they expect more than one to hit the bricks.

At minimum, Manolo got his finger on the trigger for the second Nkosi looks like he's going to do something stupid. Weldon is probably no better than walk-on quality himself.

I like this kid. Good size, speed and arm. How in the world, in this day and age, that kids like this, continues to slip through the cracks? Good offer.

Advertisement
Need to bring in one of these HS senior QB targets. Can only help change the entitled attitude in the QB room, and put more pressure on the 3 guys (now 4 with Tate) on campus, at least one of whom is almost certainly transferring out if Martell gets his waiver and wins out the starting role.

Advertisement
Back