2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Haven’t even watched the highlights yet but Texas private schools have given us Dewey, Leggett, Symonette...

I am not a fan in general.

However.... hopefully this kid is an outlier in that group and balls out.

It's hit or miss. Just because we've had Texas players not work out, doesn't mean they're all the same. With that logic, than guys like Drew Brees and Nick Foles weren't supposed to work out.

Advertisement
Haven’t even watched the highlights yet but Texas private schools have given us Dewey, Leggett, Symonette...

I am not a fan in general.

However.... hopefully this kid is an outlier in that group and balls out.
Exactly this kids a reach and if I’m wrong I’ll take it on the chin but kids not Miami caliber imo seems like we could’ve offered him a pwo instead of taking a flyer on a kid especially considering Williams redshirted and martell May not be eligible but hey I’m just a fan

Exactly this kids a reach and if I’m wrong I’ll take it on the chin but kids not Miami caliber imo seems like we could’ve offered him a pwo instead of taking a flyer on a kid especially considering Williams redshirted and martell May not be eligible but hey I’m just a fan

Wtf is Miami Caliber?? Please explain because it's not like we have done **** the last 16 years.

I hate the saying "He isnt Miami Caliber" like we been putting out endless 1st round picks even in the last decade.

Wtf is Miami Caliber?? Please explain because it's not like we have done **** the last 16 years.

I hate the saying "He isnt Miami Caliber" like we been putting out endless 1st round picks even in the last decade.
Simple will he have to transfer out in the next 2 years because he can’t play you know exactly what it means Robert knowels Preston Dewey gray crow Malik rosier Ray Lewis 3 for example earl Moore need me to keep going quit playing games like you don’t understand the concept

Advertisement
FWIW--The Texas A&M 247 board started a thread about him committing to us. Their summation: we got a steal. They think his is one of the most underrated guys who was hidden in that small school and if they hadn't gotten Zach Calzado locked up and signed they would have been all in on this kid. They tried to get him as a walk on. (as we know).

Francois is talented. Him getting injured, and being a nutcase in general, doesn’t diminish that. He also recruited Coker, the guy that transferred to Bama and won a championship for them. He got EJ Manuel to the pros, too. Can’t remember if he coached Ponder, but that’d be another name.

Didn't look it up but I was thinking Ponder's last season and Bowden's coincided.

Enos has been all over this kid even at Bama. That's all any of us should need to know. We got a natural at qb here.

Dorsey was a true game manager but he played with a lot of All-Americans. Just put Dorsey on the past 3 teams with Richt play calling and he would have had poor stats too.
LMAO WHAT? Dorsey was one of the smartest QBs don’t disrespect him with such a ridiculous post.

Advertisement
I want to look into anybody offered by Craig Bohl (Wyoming HC). He offered/coached Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, and future NFL QB Easton Stick.

Good point. I feel much better about getting this kid now. Some people, like Butch, got the eye for talent.

Francois is talented. Him getting injured, and being a nutcase in general, doesn’t diminish that. He also recruited Coker, the guy that transferred to Bama and won a championship for them. He got EJ Manuel to the pros, too. Can’t remember if he coached Ponder, but that’d be another name.

Ponder, EJ Manuel, Winston, and a LSU 1st rounder - I believe. I’m pretty sure he’s developed at least 3 first round quarterbacks.

“At LSU he helped to develop a number of quarterbacks, including Josh Booty, Rohan Davey, Matt Mauck, and JaMarcus Russell.”

Lol clueless, this kid was going to Texas A&M without an offer

Advertisement

Lol they don't know. This dude could come in and and start from day one for all we know. Some cats are crowning Martell because of his star status regardless if they've seen him play or not. Perry is trash IMO. Unless he makes some personal changes he';ll never amount to anything here. Still in wait and see mode with Williams. Bad thing is he couldn't beat out the two scrubs Miami had playing last year.

Advertisement
Has anyone else notice when this guy gets going his strides are 4-5 yards long 👀? Those big frame guys can be sneaky fast when each stride covers so much ground. Unlike Martell who was pretty polished coming out of HS, I think this guy is just starting to tap into his potiential.

Advertisement
Back