2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Advertisement
Arm Strength is overrated at the college level. Seen many kids like Robert Marve and David Cornwell who had good arm Strength just fizzle. Why? Because they were throwers, not passers. Give me a passer who could get the ball to his teammates in the best position to make a play.

That's what this our QB play has lacked since Dorsey. That kid never had a cannon, but he also never wasted the talent around him.

Really like this pickup, he's a late bloomer with prototype size & very good accuracy.

Under Enos's tutelage I could see this kid being a legit sleeper in a few years.

Either way, Perry & Weldon better tighten up, because this staff won't hesitate to push them out & move on.

I honestly can't see either guy on the roster next season. Honestly believe we'll have Martell, Williams and Peyton on the roster. Weldon's been suspended so many times and Perry just can't seem to keep his **** together.

Can someone please post Martell films which illustrate the skills to be favorite for starting? I am not bias but not impressed with what I have seen. I want the best quarterback to lead the team moving forward because I lost my voice at least six times last year screaming at Richt play calling and deciding that Rosier gave us the best chance to win. Martell reminds me of Rosier with limitations as a passer. However, l like Martell passion and leadership ability!

Advertisement
Arm Strength is overrated at the college level. Seen many kids like Robert Marve and David Cornwell who had good arm Strength just fizzle. Why? Because they were throwers, not passers. Give me a passer who could get the ball to his teammates in the best position to make a play.

That's what this our QB play has lacked since Dorsey. That kid never had a cannon, but he also never wasted the talent around him.
Dorsey was a true game manager but he played with a lot of All-Americans. Just put Dorsey on the past 3 teams with Richt play calling and he would have had poor stats too.

He's very accurate will his passes and throws a catchable ball. Want

Is this from watching entire games or a highlight film? If it's the second part, you do know it's a highlight film. You always see accuracy in them as that's why it's a highlight film.

Anyhow, as I previously said, congrats to the young man. Loved his throw at 1m15s as that showed he has all the arm strength you need. Additionally, he threw the ball with great anticipation, so good route combination to go with timing with his receiver.

He has some unorthodox throws at times, showing a quick release with accuracy. There's only one QB I can think of that does that consistently and I'm not comparing him to him yet. It makes me wonder if that's where some of his fairly high INT stats come from. Granted, he put up some great yardage, so maybe that's a cause of throwing the ball a ton.

The only thing that stood out as somewhat negative was pointed out by someone earlier. He does start his motion from a low point at times. This makes for a long throwing motion, but it's just an occasional thing. Plenty of other times he shows off a quicker release, but that'll be more consistent with coaching.

Overall, he looks good making the throws he does. I would like to see some complete games, but in those highlights, he's a four star IMO. Had he not been a late starter, maybe missed the camp circuit, I think he would have garnered far more attention.

Happy for the pick up, in particular this late in the game. Guy waited until late and it paid off for him. That to me says that he really believes in his game.

If Jimbo was interested in him, that’s enough for me. Kid might take some time to develop, but we needed some new blood in the QB room, and I think Enos can do a great job developing him.

I’ve heard this reasoning a few times now. Aside from Winston who are these stud QB’s Jimbo was recruiting?

He seemed to leave the FSU QB situation in real bad shape when he bolted.

Advertisement
I’ve heard this reasoning a few times now. Aside from Winston who are these stud QB’s Jimbo was recruiting?

He seemed to leave the FSU QB situation in real bad shape when he bolted.
Francois is talented. Him getting injured, and being a nutcase in general, doesn’t diminish that. He also recruited Coker, the guy that transferred to Bama and won a championship for them. He got EJ Manuel to the pros, too. Can’t remember if he coached Ponder, but that’d be another name.

Pros: Prototypical size, decent/"good enough" athleticism. Accurate. Throws well on the run. Seems to have good pocket presence.

Cons: Balls seem to "hang" in the air forever. Everything is faster at this level. Will need to gun the ball in there a bit more so that DB's don't have quite so much time to react and play the ball in the air.

Overall, I like the kid's tape. Good pickup, IMO.

I think people are underestimating this kids arm strength a little bit. I think Matocha is the type of QB that uses his arm strength selectively, depending on how much velocity is needed for a particular situation. The throw he makes around 2:50 of his highlight, where he's moving to his right and, without the benefit of being able to properly use his legs to help generate power, launches the ball a good 30 yards into the corner of the endzone using only his arm is an indication of the kind of velocity he can generate when the situation calls for it.

The last thing the staff is worried about is Perry and Weldon. Barring a miracle turn of events, neither will ever play another down at Miami.
Perry and Williams are better than Martell and watch how this plays out! Perry and Williams will be performing in a different system which is a great fit for their skills. I like Peyton skills because he’s a complete quarterback with great down field vision. Weldon is being overlooked too and he will surprise the coaches in this system too!

Advertisement
Perry and Williams are better than Martell and watch how this plays out! Perry and Williams will be performing in a different system which is a great fit for their skills. I like Peyton skills because he’s a complete quarterback with great down field vision. Weldon is being overlooked too and he will surprise the coaches in this system too!

LOL

You might be the only person in the world who thinks Perry is better than Martell

No offense, but this kid is rated 3* because he is a 3* prospect. Nothing about his tape suggests he has a strong arm. Just because he can lead a receiver doesn't mean he has a strong arm, a lot of people can lead a receiver down field (Jacory Harris).

If I pulled up Rosier's recruiting thread I'm sure I could find the same idiots on here hyping him up. Nevertheless, we need the depth.

Daniel Jones was a 2* prospect. Now he'll be the #2 QB in the draft. QB is a notoriously tough position to evaluate, and this kid was rated before his senior tape came out, so nobody even saw what he could do as a starter.

Read these reviews on him from A&M guys who ACTUALLY HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/St-Thomas-QB-2019-Peyton-Matocha-128336424/

Daniel Jones was a 2* prospect. Now he'll be the #2 QB in the draft. QB is a notoriously tough position to evaluate, and this kid was rated before his senior tape came out, so nobody even saw what he could do as a starter.

Read these reviews on him from A&M guys who ACTUALLY HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/St-Thomas-QB-2019-Peyton-Matocha-128336424/

Basing an argument around outliers is always a bad argument. However, I will say this, after watching his highlights again he has grown on me. Throws with great anticipation, makes quick reads, and can make plays out of the pocket. Still do have the same doubts about him, but I absolutely hope he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
Haven’t even watched the highlights yet but Texas private schools have given us Dewey, Leggett, Symonette...

I am not a fan in general.

However.... hopefully this kid is an outlier in that group and balls out.

Lulz. Are you a comedian?

If anyone thinks we were going to land our QB of the future with a month left in this cycle after the ****show Jon left us in, you are kidding yourselves. Peyton has potential but is a 3 star recruit for a reason. Does that mean he can't ball and get to the league? Of course not. Peyton has a chance to work his butt off and grow under Enos who thought he had enough skill, drive, and potential to play at Miami. I fully expect us to land a stud QB prospect in 2020. And if Peyton has a ceiling then so be it. He's the third best QB in the room from day one. I'll say it again, Weldon and Perry will never sniff another snap at Miami.

Can someone please post Martell films which illustrate the skills to be favorite for starting? I am not bias but not impressed with what I have seen. I want the best quarterback to lead the team moving forward because I lost my voice at least six times last year screaming at Richt play calling and deciding that Rosier gave us the best chance to win. Martell reminds me of Rosier with limitations as a passer. However, l like Martell passion and leadership ability!

You've got to be kidding me.

Advertisement
Back