2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Advertisement
No idea how this kid is barely a 3 star, good size and speed, 5A Texas football is quality comp, good numbers, quick release and good feet... then again the recruiting sites had Sitkowski as a 4 star forever so whatever
He's not quite playing 5A Texas football. St Thomas is in TAPPS, the largest Texas private school association. Still good competition, not quite the UIL though.

He's not quite playing 5A Texas football. St Thomas is in TAPPS, the largest Texas private school association. Still good competition, not quite the UIL though.
My bad when I googled the school could have sworn it popped up on 5A. Makes a little more sense the lack of offers then, still kid looks the part.

If we end up picking up this kid it has an Evan Shirreffs feel to it. We were desperate to get a QB in that class as well and had to settle for a little known OOS QB. Now, I liked the Shirreffs picked because like this kid, he had size, was somewhat athletic and threw an accurate ball. It didn’t workout for UM with Shirreffs. I hope if we go this route, he is up to the challenge and we have the staff that will be the difference.
This QB is a better athlete than Shirreffs (who definitely couldn't run like that & didn't compete in high jump either). He throws a decent ball & runs well. We didn't have much of that last year (the throwing a decent ball part). Instant upgrade by adding this QB!

Advertisement
See, that's the crazy thing about highlight videos.

I see the tape and come away completely unimpressed with arm strength.

Throws a lot of Jacory Harris-type lob passes.

I trust Enos though.
um what? Watch the pass at the 1:16 mark. That is a 20-25 yard out from the opposite hash, that's an ELITE throw

Last edited:
I Like his feet and presence in the pocket. I saw the one throw across the hash that showed strength but on most of the throws his arm looks average. He seems like a high character kid who has to out work people to get on the field. This late in the game he seems like a solid choice. Sign him up and develop him.

Advertisement
um what? Watch the pass at the 1:16 mark. That is a 20-25 yard out from the opposite hash, that's an ELITE throw
A lot of people don't know what to look for when it comes to arm strength. He just needs to be able to make all of the throws. Even if he becomes a 6'4 235 QB with a 4.7 speed, he doesn't need to throw it like Wentz. He could throw it like Eli or even better and this is with arm development, throw it like Luck

Advertisement
For about $150.00 he can legally change his last name to Manning then he really be fuggin.

The fact that Enos seems all in on this kid is enough for me. He has talked to and offered more kids in the past week than we have offered int he past 3 years. He knows what he is looking for.

People questioning the arm strength but not one WR had to slow down and wait for the ball. The deep balls hit the WR's in stride and were away from the defense. Someone else said they see "Jacory lob passes" what a joke

No offense, but this kid is rated 3* because he is a 3* prospect. Nothing about his tape suggests he has a strong arm. Just because he can lead a receiver doesn't mean he has a strong arm, a lot of people can lead a receiver down field (Jacory Harris).

If I pulled up Rosier's recruiting thread I'm sure I could find the same idiots on here hyping him up. Nevertheless, we need the depth.

Advertisement
No offense, but this kid is rated 3* because he is a 3* prospect. Nothing about his tape suggests he has a strong arm. Just because he can lead a receiver doesn't mean he has a strong arm, a lot of people can lead a receiver down field (Jacory Harris).

If I pulled up Rosier's recruiting thread I'm sure I could find the same idiots on here hyping him up. Nevertheless, we need the depth.

That's not how rankings work my man. It's more about probability than about ability. This kid could very well be a star in CFB, but it's not as likely as a 5* player being a star.

You all are regurgitating the same arm strength talk. My point is there is enough arm to get the ball on the money and make all kinds of throws. I know everyone loves the Mahomes of the world but not everyone needs to throw the the ball 70yards. Plenty have explained why he is 3star based on starting a short of amount of games, the league he plays in etc.... I will trust the judgement of Enos over the QB guru's on this site. People on here loved Stephen Morris arm strength.

Advertisement
Back