2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

These freshman offers...scholarship and PWO...tell me they expect more than one to hit the bricks.

At minimum, Manolo got his finger on the trigger for the second Nkosi looks like he's going to do something stupid. Weldon is probably no better than walk-on quality himself.
Our QB situation has been so awful for so long, people forget what it is supposed to look like. You need competition, depth and a few guys capable of running the offense. At absolute best, being charitable, we have no idea what we have returning, and a guy with transfer rumors. Makes perfect sense for Enos to add to the mix. Whatever happens, happens.

Advertisement
I like this kid. Good size, speed and arm. How in the world, in this day and age, that kids like this, continues to slip through the cracks? Good offer.
He's a late bloomer & didn start until his Senior year, normally QB's get offered by their Sophomore year & hit the camp circuit as Juniors where they get more national attention.

But in a state like Texas it's real easy for good QB's to go under then radar because the state produces so many high level QB's that you can literally find'em all over even this late in crootin' season.

People forget, Mahomes was not some slam dunk 5-star in HS, he was the 22nd ranked Pro-style QB in the 2014 class, 50th ranked player in the state of Texas & had an even lower ranking nationally.

Kyle Allen, Kellr Chryst, David Cornwell, Will Grier, Jerrod Heard (who got switched to WR), Sean White, DeShone Kizer & Miami's own Brad Kaaya were all ranked ahead of Mahomes coming out of HS.

NOT saying this kid is as good as Mahomes, just using that as an example of how deep Tejas is when it comes to QB's.

Advertisement
Get this kid to Coral Gables ASAP!!!!

If we end up picking up this kid it has an Evan Shirreffs feel to it. We were desperate to get a QB in that class as well and had to settle for a little known OOS QB. Now, I liked the Shirreffs picked because like this kid, he had size, was somewhat athletic and threw an accurate ball. It didn’t workout for UM with Shirreffs. I hope if we go this route, he is up to the challenge and we have the staff that will be the difference.

I'm not gonna lie I cringed when I saw new QB offerd and I didn't recognize his name. But I like this kid he has a bright future under the right QB coach I hope we get him.

That was my guy back then, I really thought he’d be something.
Dewey’s never win

5001EED8-23DC-4D67-8B18-18B5881E2A2E.jpeg

Looks like a filler kid who won’t ever be the starter at Miami with martell or Williams being the starter for the next two years or so and then hopefully Carson Beck after that

Advertisement
If we end up picking up this kid it has an Evan Shirreffs feel to it. We were desperate to get a QB in that class as well and had to settle for a little known OOS QB. Now, I liked the Shirreffs picked because like this kid, he had size, was somewhat athletic and threw an accurate ball. It didn’t workout for UM with Shirreffs. I hope if we go this route, he is up to the challenge and we have the staff that will be the difference.

I dont thinKS heriffs had a div 1 offer though. This kid does

Advertisement
Looks like a filler kid who won’t ever be the starter at Miami with martell or Williams being the starter for the next two years or so and then hopefully Carson Beck after that
Fill the Qb room, let the competition begin. Never know who responds to the HC, his system, coaching, and the light goes on. Entitlement dilutes talent, competition brings it forward.

Fill the Qb room, let the competition begin. Never know who responds to the HC, his system, coaching, and the light goes on. Entitlement dilutes talent, competition brings it forward.
I agree 100 percent but if we are talking pure talent this kid is not on the same par as jarren or martell but wouldn’t mind the take and if he emerges as the best guy then I’d be behind him 100 percent

His arm talent & natural athleticism. Watch the tape of Evan's Senior year & compare it to this kid, it's not close imo.

I did. Evan was athletic, moved well in the pocket and was accurate with his throws. He may turn out to be a better option but we don’t know that until he gets into the system and competes. Other than that, it’s a similar situation.

Advertisement
I agree 100 percent but if we are talking pure talent this kid is not on the same par as jarren or martell but wouldn’t mind the take and if he emerges as the best guy then I’d be behind him 100 percent
As long as they get carson beck in 2020 I dont Care who we bring in this particular 2019 recruiting class at qb. With that being said I do like this kids film

TOS got a brief interview with him. Kid is very hyped about the offer. He OVd to Wyoming and Texas A&M so far. Is working on date to OV at Miami. Enos went to see him this past week - worked him out and offered. He and Enos have a nice relationship from Enos' time at Arkansas - didn't have an offer from Arkansas at the point Enos left.

“Coach Enos, he’s obviously a quarterback whisperer. What he did with Alabama this past year was really incredible. He’s a guy I’d be really, really excited to learn from.”

He is really excited to visit - mentions the quality of education, too. could be a really good get for us.

Advertisement
Back