2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr radio Interview

I see your point. I do. But as you said, praying the starter doesn’t get hurt is a big part. I do not know enough about Weldon to say he is a capable back up or if he is sheriffs again. That’s all I’m getting at

First thing, there are two other QBs other than Weldon. We know that.

Second thing we know for a fact. Weldon is not Sherriffs. Physically, arm wise, he is a much better QB. Practically, in a game situation is he worse than Sherriffs? No. Why? Because that’s not humanly possible based on Sherriff’s actual game performance when given a chance. So he’s no worse than Sherriffs, we know that, but with a better, more live arm, and more athletic.

Advertisement
First thing, there are two other QBs other than Weldon. We know that.

Second thing we know for a fact. Weldon is not Sherriffs. Physically, arm wise, he is a much better QB. Practically, in a game situation is he worse than Sherriffs? No. Why? Because that’s not humanly possible based on Sherriff’s actual game performance when given a chance. So he’s no worse than Sherriffs, we know that, but with a better, more live arm, and more athletic.
I’m speaking on the 2019 season when there is a possibility that Perry is not here if he is beaten out. Again, I don’t know much about Weldon, so I have no reason to believe in or doubt him. But I’ll take your word. Also, your accuracy in the statement about sheriffs is deadly lol. Dude was awful

I’m speaking on the 2019 season when there is a possibility that Perry is not here if he is beaten out. Again, I don’t know much about Weldon, so I have no reason to believe in or doubt him. But I’ll take your word. Also, your accuracy in the statement about sheriffs is deadly lol. Dude was awful

Long time between now and 2019 and a whole season to be played with a whole lot of stuff that could happen.

An earth killing asteroid could also hit between now and the 2019 season. It’s possible. But I’m not worrying about that either.

At this time last season, we were recruiting only Sitkowski at the QB position. We all how that whole scenario played out. The coaches have done nothing to make me believe they're absolutely retarded when it comes to targeting and recruiting a kid. Why would they start now?

Advertisement
So, if we miss on MJJ... that to me says a lot about lil' Richt and the job he's doing.

Dude got the job through straight nepotism. If he can't land THE GUY... what exactly do we have him on staff for?

Obviously he's not getting fired, but if I have any one gripe with CMR, it's giving his very inexperienced son this much responsibility.

His very inexperienced son, who probably wouldn't even have the experience he does, if he were not his son.

At this time last season, we were recruiting only Sitkowski at the QB position. We all how that whole scenario played out. The coaches have done nothing to make me believe they're absolutely retarded when it comes to targeting and recruiting a kid. Why would they start now?
That was sort of a perfect storm. I dont think we'll be so lucky this time around as this year's QB class isnt as talented as last's. We've only offered 5 so far and all but MJJ is committed.

Advertisement
Long time between now and 2019 and a whole season to be played with a whole lot of stuff that could happen.

An earth killing asteroid could also hit between now and the 2019 season. It’s possible. But I’m not worrying about that either.
That’s fair and I’m not saying MJJ or bust. I just think we need a qb this cycle.

Ironic , an adult calling somebody juvenile but goes on rivals boards acting like they’re a fan. Just to troll the fan base.

Internet logic.

This long time obvious troll calling me juvenile is so weak I didn’t even bother responding.

It’s the message board equivalent of a feeble “I know you are but what am I?”

This guy is one of the longest lived most obvious trolls on the site. He really comes to life under certain situations. This is one of them.

People should relax either way. Most people here had never of Jarren Williams last summer. Sitkowski was considered then considered the savior by many.
One thing Richt has always done well is recruit QB’s.
It’s pretty obvious the staff wants 2 QB’s next year with the amount of offers and mutual interest.
Even if one guy transfers next year the top 2 would not. So having 2 capable QBs with multiple years in the system is more than most teams.
That don't apply to me.

From the jump, I was hoping we went after another QB other than Sitkow & wanted him dropped for several months. Casey Thompson, DTR, Jarren & Justin Rogers were QB's I mentioned numerous times when discussing other options ahead of Sit.

Time is on our side being that it's still really early & crootin' season doesn't start til Dec-Jan, so we can always get someone else if MJJ doesn't commit.

Advertisement
At least Jon Richt increased his status to Executive Platinum with all those frequent flier miles.

With key depth players needed at DB, DE and DT I’m good if he comes or not. My guess is he doesn’t like our depth chart no matter what he says in interviews.

We need a QB in the class - regardless of the name - whether it's Johnson or someone else we end up with later in the cycle.

And we still may take two in next year's class as well.

Advertisement
I've probably been saying longer than anyone that only focusing on one qb, and a qb from out of state with a father coaching on the local P5 team at that, was a complete mistake. And I've been saying that Tai > MJJ, and that the fact we hadn't offered him was trash. So I've been all about ****ting on Jon Richt, cause so far he hasn't proven ****.

But Seriously yall need to at least wait till MJJ decides what ******* school he's going to before yall act like a bunch of lil ******* and start moaning about him going to PSU or FSU. I think we have a good shot with him. Plus all that REALLY matter anyways is the Jon and Mark Richt have Perry, Jarren, or Cade ******* ready to start this year over Rosier. Thats all that ******* matters imo.

Interview seemed to bode well for PSU and Miami. But yes kid still sounds like he’s not 100% sure

That don't apply to me.

From the jump, I was hoping we went after another QB other than Sitkow & wanted him dropped for several months. Casey Thompson, DTR, Jarren & Justin Rogers were QB's I mentioned numerous times when discussing other options ahead of Sit.

Time is on our side being that it's still really early & crootin' season doesn't start til Dec-Jan, so we can always get someone else if MJJ doesn't commit.
Yeah Last year MANY MANY people were wanting to drop sits and go with another option. Personally I heard of Jarren, but wasn't really thinking about going for him over Casey Thompson or DTR.

That don't apply to me.

Yessir. The later is my main point. They’ll be time to get someone else if the staff feels the need. There will be some upperclassman QB that gets hurt. Then a true frosh comes in and lights it up. Then it’ll scare away a recruit.
A QB uncommitted will commit somewhere and another QB commited to the same school will waiver. There’s no reason for panic in July.

Advertisement
Back