2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr radio Interview

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate to harp on the poor decision to only target one guy but this is how you end up with a rosier type being your best option down the line. I, personally, think that this the only year we have both Kosi and Jarren on the same roster. If that is the case, it takes one hit until we in the same spot FSU was at qb last year. Although our guy wouldn’t look like he skipped weightlifting for 18 years.

Disclaimer: I’m not dogging Weldon in this but idk much about him.

Advertisement
I hate to harp on the poor decision to only target one guy but this is how you end up with a rosier type being your best option down the line. I, personally, think that this the only year we have both Kosi and Jarren on the same roster. If that is the case, it takes one hit until we in the same spot FSU was at qb last year. Although our guy wouldn’t look like he skipped weightlifting for 18 years.

Without getting MJJ (or any legit QB recruit this cycle), there’s a possibility that we only go into 2019 with 2 scholarship QBs on the roster. Rosier graduates and once this season plays out? Whoever feels they don’t have a chance to play here will most likely transfer (Weldon or Perry). I can’t see Williams transferring knowing he can take a shirt and have at least 2 years of starting.

So that puts next year of having Williams and Perry/Weldon on the depth chart and that’s it. They need to land someone this cycle or find a way to get all 3 QBs back for 2019.

Really?

Explain Jarren Williams

Ohh wait you cannot. Logic denied.

I don't know what to think of MJJr anymore. He seemed like a lock to Miami and now seems like a lock to PSU. Either way hopefully he decides soon so we can move on one way or the other.

Advertisement

This is NOT how you end up with Rosier. That’s the kind of comment that makes you slap your forehead.

To summarize, we now have Rosier, and 3 possible very viable, quite possibly better QBs behind him, who lack experience.

You end up with Rosier because you recruited QBs like Golden and Coley did. Where you pray to the gods, saints, and devils for 3 years that Kaaya doesn’t get hurt because then you have Rosier and nobody behind him.

See the difference?

People should relax either way. Most people here had never of Jarren Williams last summer. Sitkowski was considered then considered the savior by many.
One thing Richt has always done well is recruit QB’s.
It’s pretty obvious the staff wants 2 QB’s next year with the amount of offers and mutual interest.
Even if one guy transfers next year the top 2 would not. So having 2 capable QBs with multiple years in the system is more than most teams.

I don't get the lock to PSU from that interview but it sounds like they have the late momentum where we had the early momentum. Paradise can turn that back our way. Is he coming?

Advertisement
This is NOT how you end up with Rosier. That’s the kind of comment that makes you slap your forehead.

To summarize, we now have Rosier, and 3 possible very viable, quite possibly better QBs behind him, who lack experience.

You end up with Rosier because you recruited QBs like Golden and Coley did. Where you pray to the gods, saints, and devils for 3 years that Kaaya doesn’t get hurt because then you have Rosier and nobody behind him.

See the difference?
I see your point. I do. But as you said, praying the starter doesn’t get hurt is a big part. I do not know enough about Weldon to say he is a capable back up or if he is sheriffs again. That’s all I’m getting at

Without getting MJJ (or any legit QB recruit this cycle), there’s a possibility that we only go into 2019 with 2 scholarship QBs on the roster. Rosier graduates and once this season plays out? Whoever feels they don’t have a chance to play here will most likely transfer (Weldon or Perry). I can’t see Williams transferring knowing he can take a shirt and have at least 2 years of starting.

So that puts next year of having Williams and Perry/Weldon on the depth chart and that’s it. They need to land someone this cycle or find a way to get all 3 QBs back for 2019.
Yea I agree that it would be Perry that leaves if he is beaten out. I said rosier type. Not rosier himself.

Advertisement
Back