2019 DL Jason Blissett

Advertisement
Who's big baby?
Lawrence "Big Baby" Seymour is an absolutely massive OL prospect in the 2021 class. I forget his exact measurables but the kid is huge. But were not talking about a fat slob of a project. Big Baby moves like a ballerina yet can maul you like a mack truck. Big Baby is imo a once in a decade type talent. Local kid who is a must get. I love the idea of Evan Neal and Big Baby Seymour playing together at Miami.

Last edited:
I don't want to jump the gun but this seems like a questionable take. I would much rather have the productive 3 star from Miami (Daxon, Kancey, etc.) than the 3 star from NY. I'm very high on Coach Simpson but I think his recruiting to this point has been somewhat questionable. However, if he closes Bogle, Weaver, and Ingraham I could give two *ucks less who he adds to Munoz, Williams and Harvey.

Advertisement
The mass exodus of people from NY down south has really hurt the talent level
Not really. It is demographics. When we used to recruit NY, it was mainly upstate New York, out west, iften around Buffalo. I'm talking the '50's and '60's. Usually white kids, didn't recruit for speed back then. We didn't recruit Black kids back then.

I don't want to jump the gun but this seems like a questionable take. I would much rather have the productive 3 star from Miami (Daxon, Kancey, etc.) than the 3 star from NY. I'm very high on Coach Simpson but I think his recruiting to this point has been somewhat questionable. However, if he closes Bogle, Weaver, and Ingraham I could give two *ucks less who he adds to Munoz, Williams and Harvey.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you regarding the Dax situation, but I was told by a close friend of mine who is a DLine guru that Denzel needs a lot of work. Like, a &hit ton lot of work - and that's after seeing him play this past weekend.

Basically, was told that Dax is a take if you've got enough DT talent ahead of him that you can wait 3 years before he's ready to contribute heavily. Otherwise and since we don't have that luxury yet, he's a pass.

Can't vouch for Blissett, but I'm going to check out one of his games personally. Was told he moves very well and is very active which is what Manny and Simpson like in their DTs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop that. You can say that about wideouts and runningbacks and dbs down here but we talking de tackles. We dont produce that at a high rate in the tri county area

Advertisement
6'4, 270 with a verified 4.40 shuttle (94 SPARQ Rating).

Simpson is trusting his in-person evaluation at camp and the traits.
i like this kid like Munoz, im big on rankings but bigger on my eye balls. This kid I would take

Advertisement
Wow, I can’t believe we’re the only Top P5 program in the running. He came down to Paradise and held his own, is coachable and had the right physical attributes. What’s not to like?

Jimbo at aTm is an interesting offer though, he recruits well and is way off his reservation (TX) on this kid, too.

Leon Williams. Canarsie (Brooklyn).
Grassy board was brutal towards Leon for years. Yet he was an elite recruit and later got some time in the NFL.
Lack of Space is a Big issue
Lack of Youth Development. There really isnt any true Pop Warner or Youth Football leagues. Most kids dont start playing football until they get to HS.
It's still a Basketball Centric city
Most kids are kids of Immigrants who dont know a thing about the sport also.
Yeah, when I lived there it seemed to be mainly basketball/baseball. There was a school, I think a Catholic school up in the northern tip of Manhattan (the area north of Harlem) that had a very highly ranked HS baseball team on USA Today. They had a lot of Dominican kids.

I remember our former assistant, Bob Karnelowicz, coming up to recruit NYC.He told me about some kids they were looking at, but there were not many. I think Brooklyn Tech or something like that was one of the better schools.

More recently, Susan Wagner in Staten Island had some good teams. Gus the Bus was from Staten Island. Tottenville.

Still, the talent doesn't compare. In a different era, western NY State produced some great talent. All-time UM great Don Bosseler came from Batavia (1950's). More recently, Jim Burt came from Buffalo area. (late '70's).

Great Syracuse back, Heisman winner, Ernie Davis, came from Elmira, NY in late '50's. He shredded us in OB one year. I was there

Vinnie Testaverde came from Elmont on Long Island. Just outside of Brooklyn, I guess.

Still, I wouldn't spend a lot of time/resources recruiting that area. If a player drops in your lap--fine.

This kid might be one. There are still some gems that might he overlooked for whatever reason.

Advertisement
Back