2019 DL Jason Blissett

Advertisement
Grassy board was brutal towards Leon for years. Yet he was an elite recruit and later got some time in the NFL.

Yeah, when I lived there it seemed to be mainly basketball/baseball. There was a school, I think a Catholic school up in the northern tip of Manhattan (the area north of Harlem) that had a very highly ranked HS baseball team on USA Today. They had a lot of Dominican kids.

I remember our former assistant, Bob Karnelowicz, coming up to recruit NYC.He told me about some kids they were looking at, but there were not many. I think Brooklyn Tech or something like that was one of the better schools.

More recently, Susan Wagner in Staten Island had some good teams. Gus the Bus was from Staten Island. Tottenville.

Still, the talent doesn't compare. In a different era, western NY State produced some great talent. All-time UM great Don Bosseler came from Batavia (1950's). More recently, Jim Burt came from Buffalo area. (late '70's).

Great Syracuse back, Heisman winner, Ernie Davis, came from Elmira, NY in late '50's. He shredded us in OB one year. I was there

Vinnie Testaverde came from Elmont on Long Island. Just outside of Brooklyn, I guess.

Still, I wouldn't spend a lot of time/resources recruiting that area. If a player drops in your lap--fine.

This kid might be one. There are still some gems that might he overlooked for whatever reason.[/QU

BROOKLYN ALONE HAS PLENTY OF TALENT IN FOOTBALL NOW. THINGS MUST OF DEF CHANGED SINCE THAT ERA.

i like this kid like Munoz, im big on rankings but bigger on my eye balls. This kid I would take
It only took the first play for me to take notice. His get off is super quick. Those feet are always moving and he is incredibly athletic with great lateral quickness and speed. I got halfway through and had seen enough. Kid is a natural. Love this evaluation and offer by Simpson. I see a excellent prospect at 3 tech. Once he develops more strength and learns the finer points of playing inside Blissett could develop into a very good player.

I work in Miami Beach. A good chunk of the tourist that come down here are from the ny/nj area. They love it down here. If the staff really likes him I don’t see a reason how he doesn’t end up here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back