2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

He’s had 1 interception in his career & that was against Mercer.

I know you guys think every player at Bama is a God amongst mere mortals, but they have players who aren’t that good too... He doesn’t play at Bama because he’s not good enough.

Saban doesn’t play favorites or defer to Senoirtity, if you’re a TF he’ll start you ahead of a Senior who’s been in the program if you show that you’re clearly better.

Banks is a Junior & he can’t beat out Josh Jobe’s slow ***, even TF Kool-Aid McKinstry has played more than Banks.

Upton Stout from North Shore entered the Portal today too, I’d take him before Banks & I’m not even arguing we should take either of’em.

There will be better Corners than this that come in the Portal.

all facts.

Advertisement
He’s had 1 interception in his career & that was against Mercer.

I know you guys think every player at Bama is a God amongst mere mortals, but they have players who aren’t that good too... He doesn’t play at Bama because he’s not good enough.

Saban doesn’t play favorites or defer to Senoirtity, if you’re a TF he’ll start you ahead of a Senior who’s been in the program if you show that you’re clearly better.

Banks is a Junior & he can’t beat out Josh Jobe’s slow ***, even TF Kool-Aid McKinstry has played more than Banks.

Upton Stout from North Shore entered the Portal today too, I’d take him before Banks & I’m not even arguing we should take either of’em.

There will be better Corners than this that come in the Portal.
Being not good enough to start at Bama is a different world than not being good enough to start on this roster

1 pick in 3 years is still 1 pick in 3 years 🤷🏽‍♂️...

But we’ll see how it goes. There’s a chance this staff won’t even be here next year.
barring injury, how often does an underproducing player produce elsewhere? I think Rambo was one of the few more recent ones right and even he had a good year at OU before last season

Advertisement
The plan is obvious. Manny knows he's not going to salvage this class. If he's the coach next year, the plan is to build a ready-made defense through the portal.
Sounds like the plan is based upon his most recent interview and giving importance to the Portal during his interview. Also Michigan State showed him the possibilities of transforming a team on the Portal.

barring injury, how often does an underproducing player produce elsewhere? I think Rambo was one of the few more recent ones right and even he had a good year at OU before last season
He play corner bruh, you see how are corners look opposite of #2? Bring any and every and see who sticks.. Why wouldnt we kick the can..

We have to rebuild the whole dam defense almost

Given the current recruiting class and state of several position groups, the next two portals must be near-perfect for this program.

Banks isn't it, but this is the position we find ourselves in. Expect the staff to be rumored to be "in contact" with anyone with a moving diaphragm.

Take him if the character checks out. We need CBs desperately. We've seen several Alabama DB transfers succeed in recent years: Aaron Robinson (UCF) was a third rounder, Maurice Smith (Georgia) was a team captain and productive player, and Ronald Williams (Michgan State) was a plug-and-play starter.

I'd be lying if I said I've seen Banks outside of HUDL highlights, but he's 6'0, 186, verified 4.54 with 35 VJ in high school. He's had three years of Saban coaching and Bama S&C. He's also played a decent amount (23 games and one start), so it's not like he was a complete bust.

Low-risk move since you aren't clogging a scholly for four years.

Advertisement
I'd be shocked if he didn't end up at Texas or Baylor. Maybe even A&M if he's a take for them.

Definite take if he's open to Miami.

With Stevenson back we need a portal corner. Without him we need 2 or 3 and one of them has to step up to be CB1.

I'd be shocked if he didn't end up at Texas or Baylor. Maybe even A&M if he's a take for them.

Definite take if he's open to Miami.

With Stevenson back we need a portal corner. Without him we need 2 or 3 and one of them has to step up to be CB1.

Would have loved to see Singletary in that role or Fegans. Oh well.

Even if we do want him, which it appears we do....so do several others most likely. I’m pretty skeptical on why he would select us unless TRob just goes all in and I may feel a little better if that were the case. We are desperate at that spot and worst case, he is an extremely talented kid with great tools. I think he can help us 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Advertisement
Bringing in Banks (if he chooses us) is a smart move. If Tyriq returns, that gives us:

1: Stevenson
2: Te’Cory
3: Clarke
4: Blades (possibly)
5: Ivey (possibly)
6: Curtis
7: Banks (equivalent to a juco player with 2 years to play.
8: Graves (freshman, will need polishing).
9. Rogers (freshman, will need recovery for knee).

Advertisement
Bringing in Banks (if he chooses us) is a smart move. If Tyriq returns, that gives us:

1: Stevenson
2: Te’Cory
3: Clarke
4: Blades (possibly)
5: Ivey (possibly)
6: Curtis
7: Banks (equivalent to a juco player with 2 years to play.
8: Graves (freshman, will need polishing).
9. Rogers (freshman, will need recovery for knee).
Not terrible, but not sure Curtis will amount to anything but a depth guy. If Stevenson leaves we are fooooked

Not terrible, but not sure Curtis will amount to anything but a depth guy. If Stevenson leaves we are fooooked
Maybe, really don’t know when it comes to Curtis. But those 9 would be balanced at the position for DVD and T-Rob. They’d have an all conference CB (Stevenson), decent starter but high potential in Clarke, a quality yet undersized nickel in Couch, a quality rotational in Blades, and Ivey. Add Banks who is a quality, well coach player who could challenge Clarke, without having to rush Graves and Rogers until they’re ready and can develop at a decent pace, and that’s the top 1-2 CB room in the conference.

Advertisement
Back