2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

Advertisement
****... Dudes entering the portal mid-season like crazy. I guess it's smart because it's gonna be a frenzy after the season.

Yeah,
I’m realizing that’s why the kids do it. Makes sense to get a spot but to also get geared up early for 2nd semester.

Advertisement
We need a massive influx of talent next year. Besides our recruiting class we need to hit the portal hard. DE, LB, DB, OL, are all positions we need. Plus Stevenson, Rambo, Silvera, and Zion need to return.

He’s had 1 interception in his career & that was against Mercer.

I know you guys think every player at Bama is a God amongst mere mortals, but they have players who aren’t that good too... He doesn’t play at Bama because he’s not good enough.

Saban doesn’t play favorites or defer to Senoirtity, if you’re a TF he’ll start you ahead of a Senior who’s been in the program if you show that you’re clearly better.

Banks is a Junior & he can’t beat out Josh Jobe’s slow ***, even TF Kool-Aid McKinstry has played more than Banks.

Upton Stout from North Shore entered the Portal today too, I’d take him before Banks & I’m not even arguing we should take either of’em.

There will be better Corners than this that come in the Portal.
I love Stout. I watched North Shore play when Flagg was a senior and Upton Stout was the best player on the field. Small tho, but a dog. Reminded me a little bit of that CB at FSU a few years back who got tossed off the team for weed. Little dude who played w/ bad intentions.

He’s had 1 interception in his career & that was against Mercer.

I know you guys think every player at Bama is a God amongst mere mortals, but they have players who aren’t that good too... He doesn’t play at Bama because he’s not good enough.

Saban doesn’t play favorites or defer to Senoirtity, if you’re a TF he’ll start you ahead of a Senior who’s been in the program if you show that you’re clearly better.

Banks is a Junior & he can’t beat out Josh Jobe’s slow ***, even TF Kool-Aid McKinstry has played more than Banks.

Upton Stout from North Shore entered the Portal today too, I’d take him before Banks & I’m not even arguing we should take either of’em.

There will be better Corners than this that come in the Portal.
There’s others as well like Karon Prunty wagon somehow can’t play for the Gamecock but was one of the better corners in the Big 12 last year.

Advertisement
We need a massive influx of talent next year. Besides our recruiting class we need to hit the portal hard. DE, LB, DB, OL, are all positions we need. Plus Stevenson, Rambo, Silvera, and Zion need to return.
I would think Rambo would leave, no clue about the other guys.

There’s others as well like Karon Prunty wagon somehow can’t play for the Gamecock but was one of the better corners in the Big 12 last year.
Yeah Prunty was really good at Kansas, but he left South Carolina before the season started because he had some personal issues that kept him away from the team, it was never specified what it was but it was speculated he was dealing with some mental health issues.

I’d take Prunty here in a heartbeat if he’s good to go, but he’s been in the Portal since August & it’s still uncertain if he will play football next year.

Advertisement
If he is a 2019 recruit.

2020 covid year

2021 fresh (has he played in more than 4 games?)

2022 soph (maybe frosh if he redshirted)

How does he only have 2 years? Sounds like 3.

If he is a 2019 recruit.

2020 covid year

2021 fresh (has he played in more than 4 games?)

2022 soph (maybe frosh if he redshirted)

How does he only have 2 years? Sounds like 3.

He played in 7 games in ‘19, most games in 20 and has played in too many games (mostly special teams) to shirt this year too. This is really his 3rd season but obviously covid so lets just say 2nd season. So yeah, 2 more left sounds right.

Advertisement
The plan is obvious. Manny knows he's not going to salvage this class. If he's the coach next year, the plan is to build a ready-made defense through the portal.

He played in 7 games in ‘19, most games in 20 and has played in too many games (mostly special teams) to shirt this year too. This is really his 3rd season but obviously covid so lets just say 2nd season. So yeah, 2 more left sounds right.
Oh I thought a 2019 recruit plays his first season in 2020. Weird lol

Advertisement
Back