2017 West Broward Speedy WR/DB

There's kids who can run...

And then there's football players.

To me he just looks like a kid with some speed. I don't see his skills translating to this level. Kids who will contribute on this level usually have a highlight tape full of them effortlessly embarrassing their peers. I don't really see that here.

If I'm just comparing him to other local "fast" kids, he doesn't make things look as effortless as they did. Kids like Isaiah McKenzie, Dalvin Cook, Kevin Grooms, Fabian Moreau, etc...all are 4.3-4.4 kids who might've not had the West Broward kid's track times but on the field they looked faster.

Click on this link form early November and scroll down and see how much BS on those 4.3 and 4.4 when done under strict timing not done by his coach or players friend timing him hand held. 1953 did an excellent statistically fact based piece on this. If those people you mentioned did run 4.3, etc they would be far faster than this kid in track times.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...se+40+times+as+put+out+for+public+consumption

I'm not reading that, dude. Doesn't change my point. Truly fast FOOTBALL PLAYERS make things look more effortless than this kid does in his tape.

I don't know what you consider "official" times. I just go by what the laser says.

I looked up what that guy was posting and those are laser times at Nike as that is all Nike uses. You need to get informed on what goes on in these camps. By the way post the laser Nike times of those who you claim ran those speeds.

Arrogant? Cause I disagree? GTFOH. You sound like a straight *****.

I don't need to post any times. Kiss my a$$. Go watch those kids films and watch how effortlessly they blow by inferior opponents.

One of the kids I mentioned is a kid I coached. He ran a laser 4.41 when he arrived to college as a true Freshman. In a couple months he'll likely run a high 4.3/low 4.4 at the NFL combine. And when he was in high school, his runs looked more effortless than this kid we're talking about.

Now GTFO of your feelings.

Advertisement
There's kids who can run...

And then there's football players.

To me he just looks like a kid with some speed. I don't see his skills translating to this level. Kids who will contribute on this level usually have a highlight tape full of them effortlessly embarrassing their peers. I don't really see that here.

If I'm just comparing him to other local "fast" kids, he doesn't make things look as effortless as they did. Kids like Isaiah McKenzie, Dalvin Cook, Kevin Grooms, Fabian Moreau, etc...all are 4.3-4.4 kids who might've not had the West Broward kid's track times but on the field they looked faster.

Click on this link form early November and scroll down and see how much BS on those 4.3 and 4.4 when done under strict timing not done by his coach or players friend timing him hand held. 1953 did an excellent statistically fact based piece on this. If those people you mentioned did run 4.3, etc they would be far faster than this kid in track times.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...se+40+times+as+put+out+for+public+consumption

I'm not reading that, dude. Doesn't change my point. Truly fast FOOTBALL PLAYERS make things look more effortless than this kid does in his tape.

I don't know what you consider "official" times. I just go by what the laser says.

I looked up what that guy was posting and those are laser times at Nike. You need to get your arrogant A$$ together and quit making a fool out of your self. You are a legend in your own mind.

STB a word of advice if I may move on to another post or subject. Can't you see he is cursing and upset with all those responding posts. Be the bigger person this time and move on. I did that 40 yard comparison as just a study on how hard it is to break 4.5 with Nike laser times from combines. It was not intended to be use to unnerve someone. Macho does give some helpful insight.

Who's upset? I'm Sicilian. Every 4th word is a curse.

I looked up what that guy was posting and those are laser times at Nike. You need to get your arrogant A$$ together and quit making a fool out of your self. You are a legend in your own mind.

STB a word of advice if I may move on to another post or subject. Can't you see he is cursing and upset with all those responding posts. Be the bigger person this time and move on. I did that 40 yard comparison as just a study on how hard it is to break 4.5 with Nike laser times from combines. It was not intended to be use to unnerve someone. Macho does give some helpful insight.

Now now lets not get hemmoriods because your wife runs the house and she put you in your place. Try to act more mature than the kids you teach.

Now now lets not get hemmoriods because your wife runs the house and she put you in your place. Try to act more mature than the kids you teach.

Nice burn, bro! #corny

YES. Sing him up NOW. Can't teach speed.

Daryl Jones and Santana Moss were track guys that developed into receivers.

Gotta take a shot on that type of speed. Looks like he's a competitor too.

Daryl Jones was a football player, not just some track guy who developed into a football player. He was a nationally-ranked recruit, perhaps a little overrated, but still a widely-known and perhaps widely-recruited kid out of Texas football. I remember him well.

Santana Moss, on the other hand, came in on a track scholarship and couldn't play football his first year, as I remember, unless they put him on a football scholarship. He was so good in practice, I think,that they made the switch his first year. It was obvious to me the guy already had football talent as a true freshman. What was he, a QB at Carol City? A lot of HS teams put their best athletes at QB. They might not have been great passers, but they got most of the touches I guess.

Advertisement

Nice burn, bro! #corny

I've got plenty of unofficial times, in fact, most of 'em are made up. Bench presses, too.

Daryl Jones was a football player, not just some track guy who developed into a football player. He was a nationally-ranked recruit, perhaps a little overrated, but still a widely-known and perhaps widely-recruited kid out of Texas football. I remember him well.

Santana Moss, on the other hand, came in on a track scholarship and couldn't play football his first year, as I remember, unless they put him on a football scholarship. He was so good in practice, I think,that they made the switch his first year. It was obvious to me the guy already had football talent as a true freshman. What was he, a QB at Carol City? A lot of HS teams put their best athletes at QB. They might not have been great passers, but they got most of the touches I guess.

Santana played WR is Highschool. Ethnic Sands was his QB

Santana played WR is Highschool. Ethnic Sands was his QB

But Santana did come in on a track scholarship, as I recall. He was probably one of those guys Butch was able to bring in as a track guy because he was so fast. Dorsey, as I recall the story, kept bugging Butch to switch Santana to a football scholarship so he could be eligible right away. I don't remember Santana that much in high school, that is, whether he was a big national name in football. I don't think he was. I think he was another one of those south Florida gems that we knew about but most other teams didn't.

Advertisement
Back