2017 West Broward Speedy WR/DB

I like him better than the kid at St. Thomas. He's a FOOTBALL player not a one trick pony. He has has grit. Looks like he just needs proper coaching and he'll be a beast.

With that said DO.NOT.WANT.

We need players who can play right away.

He needs to hit up Syracuse, Illinois, UCF, WKU, Western Mich, CMU, La Tech, MTSU, Memphis.

He would fit in perfectly at those schools.

Good luck to you kid, you'd have an offer if Golden was here lmao.

Has more power on the field than a frail 5-9/155 guy. He moves piles, breaks tackles, blocks well just plain more physical. He also is a solid return man. As a DB he is a hard tackler and could play special teams. We need some special teams players on kick coverage as next year people Travis and others will be playing a full time role and cannot be placed on those special teams for coverages, etc.

Advertisement
So is this just a name the OP has plucked out of the air or have we shown interest?

He looks pretty good on his tape - can't teach that kind of speed.

So is this just a name the OP has plucked out of the air or have we shown interest?

He looks pretty good on his tape - can't teach that kind of speed.

Good question. If he did pluck him out of the air he has a good eye for talent to say the least.
This kid came fron Texas and I do not know how long he has been there nor how aware coaches are of him.

Last edited:
People connected to the kid contacted me for the pertinent emails and phone numbers of the U people involved with recruiting and positions. They are going to call and forward his material. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

I reached out to his Coach, told him his player got a mention on the board. I worked and coached out at west broward for 8 years before moving to a higher position at another school.

Advertisement
Why is he not at Flanagan? and why did he not attend camps

Why was Corey Gaynor not at any camps and stayed at Stoneman Douglas? A little further back Stacey Coley never attended any of the Nike camps where they runs 40, vertical jump, etc.

I like him better than the kid at St. Thomas. He's a FOOTBALL player not a one trick pony. He has has grit. Looks like he just needs proper coaching and he'll be a beast.

He needs to hit up Syracuse, Illinois, UCF, WKU, Western Mich, CMU, La Tech, MTSU, Memphis.

Yes, we need players that can play right away. But it's not like we are short on roster spots this year and are turning away 4* and 5* WRs. If he has that kind of speed and has shown some skills, we can afford to take a flyer on him. It all comes down to evaluations. In any event it should come down to a signing day decision.

The problem is when the two deep is filled with flyers.

Yes, we need players that can play right away. But it's not like we are short on roster spots this year and are turning away 4* and 5* WRs. If he has that kind of speed and has shown some skills, we can afford to take a flyer on him. It all comes down to evaluations. In any event it should come down to a signing day decision.

Yes and flyers that have no talent or skill set to offer. We are not Bummer (Bama) now that can pick for elite talent 3 deep or other top schools at the moment.

Last edited:

Has more power on the field than a frail 5-9/155 guy. He moves piles, breaks tackles, blocks well just plain more physical. He also is a solid return man. As a DB he is a hard tackler and could play special teams. We need some special teams players on kick coverage as next year people Travis and others will be playing a full time role and cannot be placed on those special teams for coverages, etc.

Yeah he passes my eye test.

I love the physicality he displayed the most and that he catches with his hand naturally

Would like to see how he progresses down the line 2 yrs from now.

He could be like Richie James @ Middle Tenn St Taywan Taylor from WKU Anthony Miller @ Memphis or how Reggie Lewis was used at BGSU a year ago they all put up huge numbers and are dynamic athletes

Advertisement

You're absolutely right, it's a reason Harley doesnt have an offer.

I believe its because we do have some Highly rated recruits or athletes to fill in spots.

I would take this kid over Harley if it came to a signing day decision.

Pass.

Are you guys serious? Hes a good player but not Miami caliber. Huge project...For starters hes small 5'11 at best. He would need to learn how to run routes, catch with his hands and he's not running away from anybody worth a **** I don't care what his track times are. They don't translate to the football field

You apparently didn't watch his film. He's actually pretty fast on the football field ........ where he's wearing pads.

Yea I did watch. Show me game footage. Let me see 4 games of him against the best 4 teams he played. Is he fast? Yes. As the highlights progressed I saw a kid getting hawked in by better comp

Advertisement
YES. Sing him up NOW. Can't teach speed.

Daryl Jones and Santana Moss were track guys that developed into receivers.

Gotta take a shot on that type of speed. Looks like he's a competitor too.

He does run a little like Daryl Jones.

I don't know what type of college football player he will become, but this guy is fast! He looks like the fastest recruit I've seen, since Kermit Whitfield. He's constantly outrunning angles, he don't mind running inside, and will block for teammates. I don't understand what's not to like, here. Always take chance on speed. I do see Darryl Jones in this kid.

Advertisement
I don't know what type of college football player he will become, but this guy is fast! He looks like the fastest recruit I've seen, since Kermit Whitfield. He's constantly outrunning angles, he don't mind running inside, and will block for teammates. I don't understand what's not to like, here. Always take chance on speed. I do see Darryl Jones in this kid.

"I like the bigger guys," Dugans said when asked what he's looking for in a wide receiver.

"But they also don’t have to be the bigger guys ... 6-2, 6-1 guys that can run and are physical can work. If they are under 6-0, they have to be able to fly. They got to be an explosive kid that can make plays, catch the ball and get up field. Is he a tough kid? Does he love football? Does he play special teams? That’s some of the different things I look for in the skill set. I just don’t go off, ‘Hey he’s got everybody in the country after him.’ I want to know if he's a good football player."

Miami should reach out to the young man and set him up to be a plan b if we don't get WR Racey McMath or Devonta Smith. But then again you can't coach speed so he could be brought in as a return guy.

Go Canes

"Dugans says that Miami has more than just a pressing need at wide receiver this cycle and that's why he's doing what he can to find the right guys to pair with Carol City's Kevaughn Dingle and Wayne Hill (N.J.) Wayne's Evidence Njoku in the class."

“We need depth at the receiver position," he said.

"We got to have depth. We only have on scholarship about seven guys and we’re losing two, so it’s a huge priority
."

Advertisement
Back