2017-2018 Season

I can see L giving Newton enough rope to hang himself so to speak and if he hasn't cut down on the turnovers and dumb mistakes then I can see Lykes taking the PG role and JQN coming off the bench.

Advertisement
More Transfers

Antwoine Anderson: PG immediately eligible

Kerem Kanter: PF/C immediately eligible (wants to enter the draft, IMO won't get drafted)

James Daniel III: PG immediately eligible (questions about health)

If you think Brown and Walker are going pro after this season, then maybe you take a guy like the following:

Michael Weathers (Miami OH): G Freshman, 16.7 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.8 SPG and 1.4 BPG. He has some issues shooting 3s (.222) and with turnovers (4.8).

Marcus Evans (Rice): PG Sophomore, 19.0 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.1 SPG and .376 3PT. He has some turnover issues but this guy can score and shoot the 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UoJDKinZ3E

Weathers has a brother Marcus at Miami OH. He is a freshman F who is also transferring. 9.6 PPG and 6.0 RPG.

Another Eligible Transfer:

Egor Koulechov Rice: G/F 18.2 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 2.1 APG and .474 3PT.

Advertisement
We've reached out to Evans from Rice. Don't know about the others.

The kid is a great talent and would fit in nicely with coach L (especially his 3 point shooting). It makes even more sense if Brown and Walker leave after this season. You get a great talent ready to step-in for 1 of the 2.

I would only use 1 of the 2 remaining ships on a transfer that has to sit out. We should use the other one on an eligible big man (like that guy Kameron Rooks above).

We have reached out to Weathers too. So has St. Johns, GW, Creighton, Tulsa and Valpo. As for Evans, so far it's Miami, Kansas, FSU, Baylor, Cincy, VT, Texas A&M, VCU, NC State, and Texas Tech.

Obviously, based on that, Evans is the hotter prospect.

We have reached out to Weathers too. So has St. Johns, GW, Creighton, Tulsa and Valpo. As for Evans, so far it's Miami, Kansas, FSU, Baylor, Cincy, VT, Texas A&M, VCU, NC State, and Texas Tech.

Weathers is good but can't shoot as well. I think is something Coach L really wants.

If we can get Evans, that would be pretty good. I think we could get Rooks if we go after him. Let him and Izundu compete, maybe redshirt Miller.

Advertisement
We've reached out to Evans from Rice. Don't know about the others.

Notsince, how do you know who we have reached out to? Is there a website or something that you're getting updates from? Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 7.53.55 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 7.54.06 PM.jpg

More Transfers

Antwoine Anderson: PG immediately eligible

Kerem Kanter: PF/C immediately eligible (wants to enter the draft, IMO won't get drafted)

James Daniel III: PG immediately eligible (questions about health)

I watched Kanter live one time this year at Oakland. He looked uncoordinated as ****. Scored somewhere around 10 I think.

Weathers is good but can't shoot as well. I think is something Coach L really wants.

If we can get Evans, that would be pretty good. I think we could get Rooks if we go after him. Let him and Izundu compete, maybe redshirt Miller.

We don't particularly need another big for next season. We don't particularly need anything for next season.

We don't particularly need another big for next season. We don't particularly need anything for next season.

Where did you get the word "need"?

Rather then argue whether we could use these players, the relevant point, I want to know where that post says "need".

Advertisement

W do need to fill these ships if for no other reason is DEPTH.

We NEED another PG if we want to reach the Elite 8.

Rather then argue whether we could use these players, the relevant point, I want to know where that post says "need".

If we're going to take a transfer, having somebody who is available next season is superfluous. We are loaded next year at every position.

Advertisement

We NEED another PG if we want to reach the Elite 8.

I disagree. Brown and Lykes are more than adequate. There aren't enough minutes to go around to bring in another pg for next season.

W do need to fill these ships if for no other reason is DEPTH.

For 18-19, maybe. We have depth all over the court next year. You don't need an 11 man rotation.

If we're going to take a transfer, having somebody who is available next season is superfluous. We are loaded next year at every position.

So you can't answer the question. Cool beans.

As for the topic, we could use help at PF/C and guard (either next year at PG or 2018-19 if Walker/Brown leaves).

I don't know why you think we're loaded at PF/C or PG.

So you can't answer the question. Cool beans.

As for the topic, we could use help at PF/C and guard (either next year at PG or 2018-19 if Walker/Brown leaves).

I don't know why you think we're loaded at PF/C or PG.

I disagree that we can "use help" (or whatever word you want to use) at the big or guard spot for 2017-2018. PG is set with Brown and Lykes. I expect that Izundu will have the 5 locked down. Miller will be a capable backup for 8-10 mins per game. The 4 is set with Huell and Waardenburg. Like I said, perhaps we can use help for 18-19, but if L keeps rolling with recruiting, I'd rather concentrate on McDAA type HS kids.

Advertisement
Back