2016 Shavar Manuel wants to be a Cane

Advertisement
J rock know he staying with me when he come down.......I got this

Last edited:
Advertisement

"Miami was my favorite school as a kid," Manuel said. "Growing up they had all those top defensive players. They have had so many first round picks in the NFL, so I have just always liked Miami, and the players they produced.

"It is kind of different now though. You cannot go to a school just because you are a fan, it is a big decision for the future. I will look at different schools and take the fan part out of it moving forward.

you don't say...

Sounds like he is more of a Sony Michel rather than a Duke Johnson.

185.gif

With you recruiting him for Miami he going to end up on bleak visions

186.gif

I am in Tampa too. Blake High is a black hole for an athlete. Its known for producing great musicians Eric Darius and another sax artist. His best chance since they have virtually made it impossible for players to change schools here now would be Jefferson or Jesuit (private). Haven't heard of the kid but will followup with my contacts.

I am in Tampa too. Blake High is a black hole for an athlete. Its known for producing great musicians Eric Darius and another sax artist. His best chance since they have virtually made it impossible for players to change schools here now would be Jefferson or Jesuit (private). Haven't heard of the kid but will followup with my contacts.

His best chance to what?

Advertisement

He is a 5 star recruit with top programs after him, he doesn't need to change schools to improve his stock with anyone.

Can you turn down the bleakness a notch when you talk to him?

Put it like this the manager at KOD is one of my good freinds.....I got this...first we put them on J rock....everythign else will follow.... J rock cant say no to ***** since our Florida STate days
K.o.d??? I.WANT.INNNNNNNNN.... I'll crash the club from Columbia like this

196.gif

Advertisement
Haven't heard of the kid but will followup with my contacts.

F your contacts-Alabama, FSU and Florida has heard of and has offered this kid....When the 3 top defensive schools offers a 10th grader everyone else will take notice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His best chance to what?
For any shot at winning he better leave that sorry *** school

His best chance to what?

.....and you probably scream "loyalty" when Sofl kids go to schools like Bama, LSU and FSU.

First things first.. do the kid a favor and get his assout of blake and into a school that will ddevelop him and get him more looks and prepared for the next level... preferably jefferson..

You were right he won't get any looks and won't be prepared for the net level at Blake......epic fail

His best chance to what?

He is winning he is one of the top rated players in his class and can pick his college he wants to go to!

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/hometeam-huddle-blakes-shavar-manuel-goes-unknown-/20440/

HomeTeam Huddle: Blake's Shavar Manuel goes from unknown to D-I darling
Tue. May 13, 2014 | John C. Cotey*|*Email

TAMPA — Colleges called Blake High School football coach Darryl Gordon all day Tuesday, just like they had the day before, and the day before that.
They want to know about Shavar Manuel, the hulking 6-foot-4, 260-pound sophomore defensive lineman who now has the full attention of every team in the state, the SEC, the ACC.
Everyone, it seems.

“Biggest part of my job,” said Gordon, of handling the inquiries. It hasn’t been like this since 1969. And Gordon knows that because he was here then, at the same Stewart Middle School field, leaning against the fence and watching Leon McQuay practice.

“That was the last time it was this exciting around here,” he said. This spring, Blake is hopping.
A handful of college coaches show up every day to watch Manuel, who has offers from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Miami and Alabama — and has picked them all up since December.
You’d hardly know it, though, because Gordon hasn’t publicized it. He has kept Manuel Mania low key to keep his star from being affected by all the attention, a rarity in a world where kids often tweet their offers from practice and boast about their totals.*
Manuel, though, has been perfectly content keeping his fame to himself. But now Gordon is pulling the curtain back on his 17-year-old star recruit, and it is invigorating his program.

Despite a 2-8 season last fall, its 13th straight losing season — and sharing a nine-team district with the likes of state powerhouse Armwood, Jefferson and Hillsborough — the numbers are up for a team that in past years barely had enough to scrimmage. As many as 45 to 50 kids are showing up daily, Gordon said. For every coach who stops by to watch Manuel, Gordon can sell his other players, like running back Corey Bennett, receiver Juwan Burgess and linebackers Julian Jackson and Marquis Daniel.

“There’s some talent here,” he said. “No one ever bothered to come out and see it for themselves. And the kids have responded. Practices are different this spring.”

Recruiters are coming now because of Manuel, who had 19 sacks last season and 10 the year before. And according to former Tampa Bay Buccaneer lineman Anthony Davis, an assistant coach at Blake, he has barely scratched the surface.

“One thing I let people know is that the way he rushes the quarterback, he can beat you six or seven different ways. You really don’t see that in high school,” said Davis, who has formed a tight-knit bond with his star pupil.*

“He can rip you, he can bull rush you, he can spin you, he can shed you, he can do all that good stuff. And his quickness off the ball, the change of direction, it’s tremendous. Watching him learn, it’s been real fun.”

When Davis first met Manuel as a freshman, he remembers seeing the Yellow Jacket trying out — at quarterback.
But Davis rectified that immediately.

“I had a cannon, don’t get me wrong, but it didn’t work out,” said Manuel, laughing. Davis told Manuel if he wanted to be a great football player, to follow his lead. “Let’s go,” Manuel said. Since then, Manuel has racked up sacks and college offers at a startling rate. His first came from Florida around Christmas, and he said he was so excited he was “ready to pad up and show them what I could do.”

He’s getting that chance this spring. The coaches, and offers, are still coming. His combination of size, speed and strength makes him arguably the most unblockable player in Tampa Bay. Recruiting website 247Sports ranked him the No. 2 recruit in the country for the class of 2016.

“Coach Davis threw me in with the big guys my first day and said if I listened, great things were going to happen,” Manuel said. “The man never told me a lie.”

Advertisement
Back