2016 Shavar Manuel wants to be a Cane

[video]http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/RCS-Orlando-OL-vs-DL-Pt-2-1124514[/video]

This is some video of Shavar at the Orlando Rivals camp he is around the 40 second mark

Advertisement
He hyas pretty good hands and body control. Looks like the kind of kid that did self defense classes, he makes it look really easy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a recent interview he did:

Florida offered first.

Shavar Manuel picked that up early in 2014.

Since then over a dozen schools have offered the 2016 defensive end out of Tampa (Fla.) Blake.

A few of those are Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and North Carolina.

More will come and maybe now they will not be unexpected like the first one was.

"It surprised me big-time," said Manuel. I am only a sophomore and when someone like Florida walks in the door, then offers me my first scholarship, that is big.

"Florida is known for having great defensive players, they have won some national championships, and it being my first offer meant something to me."
Will Muschamp was on the road working to finish off a strong 2014 class, but in between that, he stopped by Blake High School to check on the sophomore that had 10 sacks as a freshman and 19.5 sacks as a sophomore.

Manuel knew he had a couple of good seasons, but he did expect this type of attention. Someone in his family did though.

"It has been crazy. I did not see this all coming at all. A family member told me right after my sophomore season that the schools are going to knock my door down, so they were right.

"It is like is a dream coming true right now. I am getting offers, Will Muschamp (Florida) comes to my school, I go meet Nick Saban (Alabama), and it is just something unexpected."

He is taking it all in stride though.

The explosive defensive lineman visited Alabama and Florida State about a month ago and each school stood out to Manuel.

"Alabama offered me when I went there on my visit and that was exciting. It is a very unique place and I like it a lot. I spoke with Coach Saban, I met some players, and Alabama is different. It is just a nice place.

"When I went to FSU, I got to meet and talk with Coach [Jimbo] Fisher. It is a lot like Alabama to me - kind of unique. It just has that different feeling there and it is another great program."
[/COLOR]

Not Florida, not FSU, but another in-state school was the one the 6-foot-4, 260 pound sophomore grew up following, but he has put that love aside now.

"Miami was my favorite school as a kid," Manuel said. "Growing up they had all those top defensive players. They have had so many first round picks in the NFL, so I have just always liked Miami, and the players they produced.

"It is kind of different now though. You cannot go to a school just because you are a fan, it is a big decision for the future. I will look at different schools and take the fan part out of it moving forward.

"I do not have any favorites now. Florida offering first was big for me and I have liked my visits, but I am open to everyone."

Expect Manuel's offer list to grow in the coming months as coaches hit the road for spring evaluation.

He knows what coaches like and he will display that for them live on the practice field at Blake come May.

"Coaches tell me they love how I get off the ball and how aggressive I am. They see my size and they just like the way I move. Coach [Sal] Sunseri (Florida State) actually popped my tape in while I was there and talked about those things. He really likes me, but most of the coaches tell me the same things.

"I hope to show that and show them I have improved on other things this spring."

Last edited:

"Miami was my favorite school as a kid," Manuel said. "Growing up they had all those top defensive players. They have had so many first round picks in the NFL, so I have just always liked Miami, and the players they produced.

"It is kind of different now though. You cannot go to a school just because you are a fan, it is a big decision for the future. I will look at different schools and take the fan part out of it moving forward.

you don't say...

Advertisement

you don't say...

Hes smart all kids look at it like this after all the schools get involved, UM has to go hard at him real hard. Usually top players like this are hard to pull because the SEC will do whatever it takes especially for a defensive player of his caliber. This kid on film looks like he can make a defense great by his 2nd year.

These are the types of kids you miss out on when you can't win the ACC Coastal and lose to Duke. Just win baby, win.

you don't say...

So in other words, he ain't comin'

Jrock, doin work- GD bowlegged Seminole...

Advertisement

you don't say...

So in other words, he ain't comin'

Jrock, doin work- GD bowlegged Seminole...

I talk to him everyday and honestly he is wide open, he is starting to take OV to different campus and is just starting to learn and get familiar with all the schools and staffs, like he said he did like miami growing up but he has never even been on the campus so as the process is really starting he is getting a chance to see what every school and has to offer.

It doesn't hurt he grew up a miami fan and he is planning to visit and met the staff.

I got a few duffle bags rock let's make it happen FSU about to be trending backwards anyway ya heard me.... we can meet on County line road at the liquor spot

Advertisement
Back