2015 - 2016 Season Predictions

Advertisement
I see 10 wins as a definite possibility but time will tell if any of these reported changes have actually been made. Having the best QB on our side in the majority of these games will go a long way.

My assessment-

Sure wins: 3
Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 12 at FAU
Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati

Coin flips: 6
Sept. 19 NEBRASKA
Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH*
Oct. 31 at Duke*
Nov. 7 VIRGINIA*
Nov. 14 at North Carolina*
Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh*

Sure losses: 3
Oct. 10 at Florida State*
Oct. 24 CLEMSON*
Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH*

We probably go 2-4 in the coin flips. 4-2 at best.

Advertisement
Worst case scenario for us... 8 wins. They will be able to say they improved, but not be good enough to win anything of meaning. Just enough wins for Golden to not be fired. The **** continues.

I like the kid Kaaya, 11 wins with no sophomore slump and good defense. I may be drunk. I don't care.

Sophomore slump = 6-8 wins.

People greatly underestimate the power of a good QB. I think Kaaya is good, I think his junior season Miami will compete or be in the playoffs.

Game 1 Miami wins

Game 2 Miami wins

Game 3 Nebraksa
Interesting game 60-40 Miami wins.

Game 4 Cincinnati - Miami Wins
Can't overlook but not too concerned about Gunner Kielh. He can throw another 3-4 interceptions. He might have 400-500 passing yards this time

Game 5 FSU - Miami Wins
We win a close game. Out recruited, out coached, but ultimately the more talented QB won this game. To me that's Brad Kaaya. Next year I can't tell you the result this year. I'm high off the Kaaya train and he marches into Doak and steals a much needed W that propels momentum forward in recruiting and team chemistry. After this win Miami feels as if they can compete with anyone. People start screaming "We're back"

Game 6 VT - Miami Wins
They still have a great defense but with Brewer or True freshman Dwayne Lawson starting for them. I think Miami runs ball alot this game similar to last season.

Game 7 Clemson **First Loss**
If Deshaun Watson is healthy this is a loss for Miami. That kid and that offense are rolling through everybody. Defense is the biggest question mark for them. But Miami needs to keep them under 30 points to win this game and I don't see that happening. Clemson is going out to drop 50 points here.

Game 8 Duke - Miami wins

Game 9 UVA - Miami pulls this off in a very close game
London has owned Golden. This won't be the case this year. Miami wins a nail-bitter.

Game 10 UNC - Miami wins
Easy win for Miami. UNC to busy worried about the LOIC. The team is not focused. They go from pre-season hype to disaster team.

Game 11 GT
A dogfight. But Miami ultimately wins. We have done well with GT under Golden. They won't repeat last years success.

Game 12 Pitt Miami wins
This game is a toss up but let me continue to ride the Brad Kaaya wave here. Conner, and Boyd are two of the best in the ACC. Narduzzi is having a rough first year getting his defense adjusted and Miami ultimately capitalizes on that for the W.

ACC championship.
Miami vs Clemson - Miami loses again
Miami has proven to be one of the surprise teams of the season. Clemson has rolled through everyone to go 12-0. Miami has the chance to knock them out of the playoffs but the Tigers' offense is too hot and they drop another 50 points on us.

Bowl Game Miami loses.

Overall record 11-3 provided Brad Kaaya progresses and doesn't see a sophomore slump.

lol

Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN W- Warmup

Sept. 12 at FAU W- Tougher Warmup

Sept. 19 NEBRASKA W- Should have won at their place, but hey, I guess we are good at revenge games.

Sept. 26 Bye Week

Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati- W- Will be closer than the score shows, but athleticism and big plays win the day.

Oct. 10 at Florida State- 50/50- We have a chance due to them losing so much last year.

Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH- W- Tough win, hopefully we will be ready to play after our BIG game of the year. Always the game Golden loses..

Oct. 24 CLEMSON- L- I think they will be ready to play us.

Oct. 31 at Duke- W- I really would like to win this game by alot. But we will see.

Nov. 7 VIRGINIA-50/50-because they alway seem to have our number. Not sure what they are doing over there.

Nov. 14 at North Carolina-W-I think we will win, simple as that.

Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH- W- I hope we can learn something from getting abused by the run last year.

Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh-W- Somehow I dont believe that we will quit again. But we will see.

9-10 wins are available.

Advertisement
The top player from every position on last year's offense is starting in the NFL, and that team won 6 games.

To win 4 more, Golden would need 2-deep NFL starters at almost every position.

The top player from every position on last year's offense is starting in the NFL, and that team won 6 games.

You people are so dramatic. I know some of you are just trolling but anybody who believes all this is just plain ignorant. What about the year before against argueably a tougher schedule we went 9-4? Cant base 1 years record on the next. I'd argue that Duke won zero games for us last season. As great of a Cane as he is he did nothing special in any of our losses. Yea running for 150 and 3 tds in blowout wins but we didnt need it to win. Dorsett was an absolute burner but was 1 dimentional in our offense. Gonna be a better pro imo. Flowers and feliciano were solid but line underperformed and was inconsistent. Chick was out of position and was average for us. Clive and DP gonna be missed the most.

You people are so dramatic. I know some of you are just trolling but anybody who believes all this is just plain ignorant. What about the year before against argueably a tougher schedule we went 9-4? Cant base 1 years record on the next. I'd argue that Duke won zero games for us last season. As great of a Cane as he is he did nothing special in any of our losses. Yea running for 150 and 3 tds in blowout wins but we didnt need it to win. Dorsett was an absolute burner but was 1 dimentional in our offense. Gonna be a better pro imo. Flowers and feliciano were solid but line underperformed and was inconsistent. Chick was out of position and was average for us. Clive and DP gonna be missed the most.

You do realize almost everything you listed was a schematic problem.

The thesis of your rant could have been, "Despite tremendous talent, it's just not enough to overcome bad coaching."

Advertisement
I've maintained 7 wins but we CAN absolutely win 9 Al golden has never won double digit games and I
Won't bet on it till it happens..

I will never say Miami has the worst fans in the country because I don't believe it.

I do know we have the most delusional. 9-10 wins?

Jesus wept on a unicycle.

Anyone projecting us with 10 or more wins is stupid because that is what we should have, and easily could have, but obviously wont. Yes obviously if our guys played to their ability, and we had good coaching we would have 10+ wins this year, easily. But projecting us at 10 wins, when Golden is still here, we have a tough October, and when we had so much more talent last year and still had a losing season is a little too optimistic.

Sure you could say last year we only had a losing season because our guys kinda gave up after we lost to FSU because the season was basically over. But this year we play Cincinnati, FSU, VTech, Clemson and Duke in October, which we are guaranteed to lose AT LEAST 3 of those games. So, why wouldn't they give up after that?

Advertisement
The coastal is garbage and will continue to be garbage. I will always say we are supposed to a least win the coastal.
We have out recruited and out talented all of the teams in the coastal since we joined the ACC lol.

So each year my response gets no different. Miami should win the coastal. Once again the most talented team in the coastal.

That's some good ish right there. Pretty much sums up our last ten years. Win, get a glimmer of hope, then stumble across the finish line. When will the misery end.

Not sure if this has been addressed or brought up already, if it has I apologize, but what do you think is a realistic expectation for our record when all is said and done this upcoming season? I've made a pretty hefty bet with a colleague of mine, dude thinks we're gonna win 10 games :puzzled:, I don't think there's any way in **** we end up with 10 wins under our belt - especially with Al behind the wheel. Anyways, just curious what you guys think. I think 9 wins is the most we could possibly pull off.

Here's an exact look at the schedule if you need it:

Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 2-0 (W)

Sept. 12 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla. UM leads, 1-0 (W) *** 2-0 And the Slurpers will come out

Sept. 19 NEBRASKA Sun Life Stadium NU leads 6-5 (W) *** 3-0 And the Slurpers will say 'we're back'

Sept. 26 Bye Week

Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio UM leads, 11-1 (W) ***4-0 And the Slurpers will say 'we're going to the ACCCG'

Oct. 10 at Florida State* Tallahassee, Fla. UM leads, 31-28 (L) ***4-1 And the Slurpers will say 'we still control our own destiny'

Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 19-13 (L) ***4-2 And panic mode will start to set in

Oct. 24 CLEMSON* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 6-3 (L) *** 4-3 And reality will start to set in

Oct. 31 at Duke* Durham, N.C. UM leads, 10-2 (W) *** 5-3 False hope will rise again

Nov. 7 VIRGINIA* Sun Life Stadium Series tied, 6-6 (L) ***5-4 Golden's normal November free fall will begin

Nov. 14 at North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. UM leads, 9-8 (L) ***5-5 Golden will lose the team at this point

Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium GT leads, 11-9 (L) ***5-6 Golden is officially ousted as head coach

Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh* Pittsburgh, Pa. UM leads, 23-10-1 (W) *** 6-6 Kids play for the new guy and win a bowl game

That's my honest opnion on how the season will end up

4-8. The head guy just doesn't know how to coach effectively and win against equal or better talent. I have no confidence that this staph will appreciably change the way it does things top to bottom. It's maddening, because I think we are way better than our record will indicate. The wheels fall off this year and team tanks after FSU.

Advertisement
Back