2015 - 2016 Season Predictions

The top player from every position on last year's offense is starting in the NFL, and that team won 6 games.

To win 4 more, Golden would need 2-deep NFL starters at almost every position.

You people are so dramatic. I know some of you are just trolling but anybody who believes all this is just plain ignorant. What about the year before against argueably a tougher schedule we went 9-4? Cant base 1 years record on the next. I'd argue that Duke won zero games for us last season. As great of a Cane as he is he did nothing special in any of our losses. Yea running for 150 and 3 tds in blowout wins but we didnt need it to win. Dorsett was an absolute burner but was 1 dimentional in our offense. Gonna be a better pro imo. Flowers and feliciano were solid but line underperformed and was inconsistent. Chick was out of position and was average for us. Clive and DP gonna be missed the most.

You do realize almost everything you listed was a schematic problem.

The thesis of your rant could have been, "Despite tremendous talent, it's just not enough to overcome bad coaching."

I can argue we've had similar talent last few years, just this year was where we had 1st rounders. Alot of UFA and lower round guys showed out in nfl recently. So that can be said the last 10 years +. I wouldnt' neccesarily say its because of bad coaching, I think its more bad philosphy and decision making. I dont think we have bad coaches on staff despite what every poster on this board says i think its there stubborness to adjust to south florida/bigtime football. I think thats what caused a rift in locker room last year. Its disapointing that AG has let his ego and loyalty to his style of doing things ruin what coulda been a great job for him. Guy can recruit, players like him, and he's a smart guy. But his time has just about run out and his oportunity is closing more by the day. I would like to foolishly think that his new aproach to recruiting SFL so hard could lead to other adjustments but im skeptical.

Advertisement
The coastal is garbage and will continue to be garbage. I will always say we are supposed to a least win the coastal.
We have out recruited and out talented all of the teams in the coastal since we joined the ACC lol.

So each year my response gets no different. Miami should win the coastal. Once again the most talented team in the coastal.

I bet if you take out the guys that were included in the top 15 recruiting classes from 2012 and 2013 that are no longer (transfered, kicked out, drafted, etc) on the team or never made it in to start with we aren't out recruiting all the teams in the coastal.

I bet that easily puts us behind VT and maybe UNC. Then you look at GT and Duke bringing in a full class and keeping them around with good coaches developing players they are ahead of us there. UVA has even brought in some solid classes the last few years. Not so sure about Pitt, probably right there in the area with UVA in recruiting.

W. Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 2-0

W. Sept. 12 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla. UM leads, 1-0

L. Sept. 19 NEBRASKA Sun Life Stadium NU leads 6-5

Sept. 26 Bye Week

W. Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio UM leads, 11-1

L. Oct. 10 at Florida State* Tallahassee, Fla. UM leads, 31-28

L. Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 19-13

L. Oct. 24 CLEMSON* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 6-3

L. Oct. 31 at Duke* Durham, N.C. UM leads, 10-2

W. Nov. 7 VIRGINIA* Sun Life Stadium Series tied, 6-6

L. Nov. 14 at North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. UM leads, 9-8

L. Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium GT leads, 11-9

L. Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh* Pittsburgh, Pa. UM leads, 23-10-1

4-8

Last edited:
The coastal is garbage and will continue to be garbage. I will always say we are supposed to a least win the coastal.
We have out recruited and out talented all of the teams in the coastal since we joined the ACC lol.

So each year my response gets no different. Miami should win the coastal. Once again the most talented team in the coastal.

I bet if you take out the guys that were included in the top 15 recruiting classes from 2012 and 2013 that are no longer (transfered, kicked out, drafted, etc) on the team or never made it in to start with we aren't out recruiting all the teams in the coastal.

I bet that easily puts us behind VT and maybe UNC. Then you look at GT and Duke bringing in a full class and keeping them around with good coaches developing players they are ahead of us there. UVA has even brought in some solid classes the last few years. Not so sure about Pitt, probably right there in the area with UVA in recruiting.

Stars aren't everything as we can see clearly from our records the past 10 seasons but in regards to 2012 and 2013. If with the deflections to the draft.

Here are our 4 stars still on the roster
Deon Bush
Tracy Howard
Tyriq McCord
Raphael Kirby
Danny Isadora
Jelani Hamilton

AQM
Artie Burns
Stacy Coley
Standish Dobard
Jermaine Grace
Corn Elder
Jamal Carter

Yearby
Kaaya
Darling
Moten
Harris
Owens
Langham
Berrios
Gray

I'm sure VT,UNC, and Duke don't have that many four stars. I know we've had many deflections in transfers, academically ineligible, legal issues and so forth. But VT coaching staff would kill it with our current talent level. Beamer could win 11 lol.
UNC and Duke haven't recruited close to our level.

Advertisement

Sept. 26 Bye Week

4-8

Come on. Do u really believe this?

Sept. 26 Bye Week

4-8

Actually very easy to see that happening.

You guys...

We all know Golden is inept, but not enough to lose his job (with a crappy BOT & Blake James).

6-8 wins

Sept. 26 Bye Week

4-8

Actually very easy to see that happening.

That's the way I see it falling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sorry, this board is down on everything - and I understand it - but I see Canes as a surprise team that is ready to turn the corner. If Kaaya takes the next step, the Canes are poised for a 10-win season, including bowl game. Key game is Nebraska. Believe we're positioned to blow them out. If don't win, rest of the season could be in shambles and Golden won't survive.

Anything over 5.5 wins and I'm rich. I went all in on the season total win wager.

4-8. Not buying into any optimism about this team. I think this season is going to be pure **** for Canes' fans. I worry for Kaaya's health because I think he will have little or no protection from the OL no matter how Art tries to coach them up.

And we will lose to the damned 'Hoos again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4-8 is more likely than 6-6, but it will be between those numbers. I think we start out 3-1 with a loss to Nebraska. We will then lose every game we play. Close one to FSU, *** kicked by Clemson and VT. We upset Duke. We lose to UVA like always, lose at UNC, GTech curb stomps us and Pitt puts us out of our misery after their tail back runs for 250. 4-8

People saying 9 or 10 wins are delusional. Vegas doesnt get these things wrong often, and if they do its not by 4 wins. 5-7, Bye fat albert

Advertisement
Back