Nov. 7 VIRGINIA*

Dice rolls(Less likely but can still happen):3
Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH*
Oct. 31 at Duke*
Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH*

Sure losses: 2
Oct. 10 at Florida State*
Oct. 24 CLEMSON*

I would say 9 wins. I will pray for the win at FSU if we can walk into Doak 4-0 we have a chance

Advertisement
Canes are going to start off 4-0, then a 17 point loss to FSU will derail this team. Canes finish 8-4 losing 3 games they shouldn't based purely off coaching. No ACC championship game just that feeling of being average. Golden gets fired, Butch gets hired. Kaaya wins a heisman his JR season after leading the Hurricanes to an 12-2 record. Butch leads the Canes to a national championship the next season and faith is restored in humanity

I liked this format
Sure wins: 5
Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN
Sept. 12 at FAU
Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati
Nov. 14 at North Carolina*
Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh*

Coin flips(50/50 Chance): 2
Sept. 19 NEBRASKA
Nov. 7 VIRGINIA*

Dice rolls(Less likely but can still happen):3
Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH*
Oct. 31 at Duke*
Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH*

Sure losses: 2
Oct. 10 at Florida State*
Oct. 24 CLEMSON*

I would say 9 wins. I will pray for the win at FSU if we can walk into Doak 4-0 we have a chance

The only sure wins are the first two. Every other game is a toss up. Remember this is a Frauden coached team.

Advertisement
LOLZ at UNC and Pitt as sure wins. LMAO

we just got thumped by Pitt at home.

No game is a sure win. Not with Golden. Please remember what we are working with

Since 2011:

FSU: 0-4
VTech: 2-2
UNC: 3-1
GTech: 3-1
Duke: 3-1
Virginia: 1-3
Pitt: 1-1
vs ACC Crossover: 3-3 (BC(2), Maryland, NC ST, WF, Louisville)
OOC vs Power 5: 2-6 (Ohio St, KSU(2), ND, UF, Louisville, Neb, USCe)

Pardon me if I don't chalk up UVA, Pitt, Duke, etc. as automatic wins

LOLZ at UNC and Pitt as sure wins. LMAO

we just got thumped by Pitt at home.

Ya I don't ever like us in a match up with a dual threat QB. Marquise Williams will have a field day but we'll see if we can outscore them. Against Pitt, they have a good qb, rb, wr combo and to go along with Narduzzi running that D they could be tough. Don't like our chances in those games being anymore than 50/50.

^^^^^ Agree.

And UNC hired gene chizik to fix their defense, their offense has been good.

Pitt had a top 10 FEI offense last year with that 250lb RB Connor, and Boyd is arguably the best WR in the ACC. Pitt has some playmakers.

For now I am in the 6-8 wins area. Sure wins are Beth-Cook, and FAU. Like our chances against Duke, UNC and Cinci and Pitt. . Every other game i see as a potential loss.

Advertisement
7-5 is the ceiling

6-6 is probable

4-8 is possible

Of course, golden could completely change his defensive philosophy and become an entirely different person, then maybe 8-4 is doable.

From strictly an odds standpoint heres a rough % chance of win with my prediction on the left:

W. Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN 98%

W. Sept. 12 at FAU 85%

W Sept. 19 NEBRASKA 54%

Sept. 26 Bye Week

L. Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati 58%

L. Oct. 10 at Florida State 27%

W. Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH 64%

W. Oct. 24 CLEMSON 45%

W. Oct. 31 at Duke 46%

W. Nov. 7 VIRGINIA 62%

L. Nov. 14 at North Carolina 47%

L. Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH 47%

W. Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh 47%

8-4

This is the first season in which I have ZERO opinion on this subject. I see the talent, but I see the coaches. I see the other teams talent, but I see our coaches. AG has completely lost this team the past two seasons. I do not know if he has that pert of his coach make up fixed. He has been here plenty long enough to have rooted out the last of the 'bad attitudes'. The cloud has been gone plenty long enough. I think we can beat any of those teams in a one game situation. However, once you factor in the ups and downs of a season, the media hype if we start 4-0 going into Doak, and I just think a loss there BURIES this team again. And that falls on the coaches. My heart tells me ten wins, and my brain tells me 6.

Advertisement
Schedule is pathetically easy.

That fat piece of **** is going to squeak by a bunch of close games, ala Dave Wannstadt style (the 17-14, 17-16, 13-10 variety), and win 8 or 9 games. That pathetically incompetent and apathetic administration we have will look at his record in a vacuum, cite "improvement" and give him more time.

Basically the worst case scenario. I pray to God I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to happen.

Advertisement
Schedule is pathetically easy.

That fat piece of **** is going to squeak by a bunch of close games, ala Dave Wannstadt style (the 17-14, 17-16, 13-10 variety), and win 8 or 9 games. That pathetically incompetent and apathetic administration we have will look at his record in a vacuum, cite "improvement" and give him more time.

Basically the worst case scenario. I pray to God I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to happen.

meh - no matter how "improved" the defense is, I dont think they can stop decent-good teams when it matters. to win like you say, you have to have a really good defense

Can one of you people who has us winning more than 5 or 6 games fill me in on your thought process? Or send me the **** that you smoke?

Advertisement
Back