2015 - 2016 Season Predictions

Can one of you people who has us winning more than 5 or 6 games fill me in on your thought process? Or send me the **** that you smoke?

You have to step outside the Hurricanes fan Cess pool bubble and look at it objectively. There is absolutely no way this team wins 5 or less. Some of the sharpest college football minds will tell you this is a likely 7-9 win team in regular season. Adding up odds for each game average wins should be 7.25 this year. But nobody wants to hear any of this.

Advertisement
Can one of you people who has us winning more than 5 or 6 games fill me in on your thought process? Or send me the **** that you smoke?

You have to step outside the Hurricanes fan Cess pool bubble and look at it objectively. There is absolutely no way this team wins 5 or less. Some of the sharpest college football minds will tell you this is a likely 7-9 win team in regular season. Adding up odds for each game average wins should be 7.25 this year. But nobody wants to hear any of this.

Yeah that's all fantastic. I asked for your thought process behind us actually winning 8 games this year, not to regurgitate ESPN thoughts.

How did those odds add up last year, when we went 6-7?

Things i stated have nothing to do with espn, never read anything about this from there. Im telling u how id expect more than 5 or 6 wins and thats what i told u. Were better than majority of our oponents. And odds arent an exact science its just kinda a guiding point.

Advertisement
Things i stated have nothing to do with espn, never read anything about this from there. Im telling u how id expect more than 5 or 6 wins and thats what i told u. Were better than majority of our oponents. And odds arent an exact science its just kinda a guiding point.

This means jack ****. We are better than most teams we play every year and we lose. Stop looking at paper and what ought to be and start looking at the hard data. We have underachieved every year for 10 years. Eight wins would be considered over achieving according to the odds. Whens the last time we over achieved to expectations?

W. Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 2-0

W. Sept. 12 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla. UM leads, 1-0

L. Sept. 19 NEBRASKA Sun Life Stadium NU leads 6-5

Sept. 26 Bye Week

W. Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio UM leads, 11-1

L. Oct. 10 at Florida State* Tallahassee, Fla. UM leads, 31-28

L. Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 19-13

L. Oct. 24 CLEMSON* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 6-3

L. Oct. 31 at Duke* Durham, N.C. UM leads, 10-2

W. Nov. 7 VIRGINIA* Sun Life Stadium Series tied, 6-6

L. Nov. 14 at North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. UM leads, 9-8

L. Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium GT leads, 11-9

L. Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh* Pittsburgh, Pa. UM leads, 23-10-1

4-8

Come on. Do u really believe this?

Actually very easy to see that happening.

That's the way I see it falling.

If fsu was later we might pick up a few more wins but history shows golden chokes post fsu

Nov. 7 VIRGINIA* Sun Life Stadium Series tied, 6-6

disgusted-japanese-olympic-coach_zps246e7c4f.gif

Agreed. 6-6 against the damned 'Hoos????? God, that really sucks!

Schedule is pathetically easy.

That fat piece of **** is going to squeak by a bunch of close games, ala Dave Wannstadt style (the 17-14, 17-16, 13-10 variety), and win 8 or 9 games. That pathetically incompetent and apathetic administration we have will look at his record in a vacuum, cite "improvement" and give him more time.

Basically the worst case scenario. I pray to God I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to happen.

meh - no matter how "improved" the defense is, I dont think they can stop decent-good teams when it matters. to win like you say, you have to have a really good defense

Or...play a below average schedule.

I'm not saying the games will be close because the defense will improve....I'm strictly saying it from a standpoint of who's on the schedule.

Like I said before...I pray I'm wrong.

Advertisement

My logic is simple...we NEED Golden to have a 4 or 5 win season to therefore force the hand of our incompetent administration.

So since we NEED it...we won't get it. We're ******* cursed until I see otherwise.

This means jack ****. We are better than most teams we play every year and we lose. Stop looking at paper and what ought to be and start looking at the hard data. We have underachieved every year for 10 years. Eight wins would be considered over achieving according to the odds. Whens the last time we over achieved to expectations?

That fat piece of **** is going to squeak by a bunch of close games, ala Dave Wannstadt style (the 17-14, 17-16, 13-10 variety), and win 8 or 9 games. That pathetically incompetent and apathetic administration we have will look at his record in a vacuum, cite "improvement" and give him more time.

Basically the worst case scenario. I pray to God I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling this is going to happen.

meh - no matter how "improved" the defense is, I dont think they can stop decent-good teams when it matters. to win like you say, you have to have a really good defense

I'm not saying the games will be close because the defense will improve....I'm strictly saying it from a standpoint of who's on the schedule.

You worry too much. Have a little Faith. If the Golden Years have taught us anything it's that he can't beat a team with pulse. Soft schedule. Lol. Wait until Narduzzi, in his first year at Pitt, goes up against Golden and throws the kitchen sink at him. If Coley gets cute, Bradley will end up in the ER. People keep "hoping" and "if-ing" and trying to apply some logic to it all and it doesn't fly. You still say to yourself, we're Miami, and that's Wake ***king Forest, no contest. And then you see a DE covering a slot receiver down the field and shake your head.

Advertisement
9 wins. Losses to Clemson, GTECH, and the typical mess up of golden in one of the cake games. We go to doak and beat FSU though.

7 wins max...

P
Not sure if this has been addressed or brought up already, if it has I apologize, but what do you think is a realistic expectation for our record when all is said and done this upcoming season? I've made a pretty hefty bet with a colleague of mine, dude thinks we're gonna win 10 games :puzzled:, I don't think there's any way in **** we end up with 10 wins under our belt - especially with Al behind the wheel. Anyways, just curious what you guys think. I think 9 wins is the most we could possibly pull off.

Here's an exact look at the schedule if you need it:

Sept. 5 BETHUNE-COOKMAN Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 2-0

Sept. 12 at FAU Boca Raton, Fla. UM leads, 1-0

Sept. 19 NEBRASKA Sun Life Stadium NU leads 6-5

Sept. 26 Bye Week

Oct. 1 or 3 at Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio UM leads, 11-1

Oct. 10 at Florida State* Tallahassee, Fla. UM leads, 31-28

Oct. 17 VIRGINIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 19-13

Oct. 24 CLEMSON* Sun Life Stadium UM leads, 6-3

Oct. 31 at Duke* Durham, N.C. UM leads, 10-2

Nov. 7 VIRGINIA* Sun Life Stadium Series tied, 6-6

Nov. 14 at North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. UM leads, 9-8

Nov. 21 GEORGIA TECH* Sun Life Stadium GT leads, 11-9

Nov. 27 at Pittsburgh* Pittsburgh, Pa. UM leads, 23-10-1

You worry too much. Have a little Faith. If the Golden Years have taught us anything it's that he can't beat a team with pulse. Soft schedule. Lol. Wait until Narduzzi, in his first year at Pitt, goes up against Golden and throws the kitchen sink at him. If Coley gets cute, Bradley will end up in the ER. People keep "hoping" and "if-ing" and trying to apply some logic to it all and it doesn't fly. You still say to yourself, we're Miami, and that's Wake ***king Forest, no contest. And then you see a DE covering a slot receiver down the field and shake your head.

The gods of football have done nothing but **** all over this program for over a decade...when I see something to be hopeful about I'll change my tune. Like I said I really hope I'm wrong.

The stadium, for example, would be a step in the right direction. We're due for some good news around here.

Advertisement
Toughest three-game stretch: Miami Hurricanes - ACC Blog - ESPN

Two things stuck out to me in this article. One, the writer says Miami has one of the tougher schedules in the country. Two, this line toward the end "Defensively, there is still debate as to whether Miami is as good as its standing in the rankings." Anyone who has watched this team with their own eyes, knows that the defensive stats Golden throws out are a false narrative that upon further inspection, don't add up for ****.

The only reason I can even see this team winning more than 6 games is because that just seems like our luck lately. Golden finds a way to win 8 games and keeps his job, even though it becomes obvious to anyone with a pulse, that he is exactly what his record says he is. A .500 coach who can win 9 games once every 3-4 years.

Advertisement
Back