2014 Class will complete this team

Naim Mustafaa added!!!! All of these late additions are making a once weak and thin D-Line a position of strength.

Advertisement
I think Mustafaa is a 2013. Al isn't waiting for the 2014 class to complete team, he is still filling in the last class. I don't know where we ranked on NSD, but sure seems like we have the number one post NSD class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This class won't complete this team, we are still gonna be one class away. This 14 class and the following 15 class will complete this team. 12 and 13 were decent but not elite. We had elite pieces here and there but just not enough consistency thanks to the investigation.

2012 was a consensus top 10 class and 2013 top 15 top 10 and 15 classes are elite... Especially playing in the ACC with that talent..

After the 2012 class with Duke Tracy Deon Tyriq etc, in my mind I thought we might have a chance to make a run at a title in 2014 if he put together another 2 solid classes. It's looking like we will be loaded next year with our only question mark at QB... I'm hoping Olsen can step right in and lead us to the ship.

The big unknown. If any of the candidates can play steady, we could be in for a BIG season. Of course, we´ll need some Jco DTs to pan out, but that´s easier to predict and achieve than the QB play.

Advertisement
This class won't complete this team, we are still gonna be one class away. This 14 class and the following 15 class will complete this team. 12 and 13 were decent but not elite. We had elite pieces here and there but just not enough consistency thanks to the investigation.

I totally disagree, the 12 class was #9 (rivals), #8 (espn), #9 (scout), & #9 (24/7). 2012 was a very well put together class, and those guys are still only true sophomores or redshirt freshman. We all know that most guys do not contribute on a high level until they have been in a program for at least 3 years, well next season will be the 3rd year in this program for the 2012 class.

The 13 class was also a very solid class, with the exception of DT position. Only 17 players mad it in from that class and out of those 17, 9 of them where 4 star recruits, and 13 of them are contributing and getting experience. Also an Olsen, elite 11 QB was signed in 2013.

I totally disagree, the 12 class was #9 (rivals), #8 (espn), #9 (scout), & #9 (24/7). 2012 was a very well put together class, and those guys are still only true sophomores or redshirt freshman. We all know that most guys do not contribute on a high level until they have been in a program for at least 3 years, well next season will be the 3rd year in this program for the 2012 class.

The 13 class was also a very solid class, with the exception of DT position. Only 17 players mad it in from that class and out of those 17, 9 of them where 4 star recruits, and 13 of them are contributing and getting experience. Also an Olsen, elite 11 QB was signed in 2013.

Look I wish that was true but it's just not. Our 2012 class had a bunch of studs but it also had a bunch of fillers and no studs at DT and limited ones at LB. They were solid classes but not elite. I guess we have different definitions of elite. Look at that 2012 class and all the attrition already. AJL and Lockhart were 4 stars also that just, you know. This class is way more balanced then the previous 2 combined at this point. Like I said they were decent and excellent if you consider the circumstances but lets not sip too much of the kool aid. Think about how much of that class is either gone or getting passed up by by freshmen.

As far as "completing this team" that'll come from the JuCo DL we bring in this class along with the growth of DL we already have on the roster right now. I feel that we're pretty complete on the rest of the team.

That'll complete this team.

/that and firing Dorito

Advertisement
BobbyDigius, I usually agree with you but I cant this time. I feel like we have been playing this "we are ONE class away" game for the last 5 years. I agree that this class completes this team. (provided we add Two JUCO DTs) The 2015 class will allow us for the first time to actually start red-shirting the entire class save for 4-5 studs that might can play right away. This class will give us all the depth we need. Remember guys like Earl Moore and Corey King essentially "red-shirted" this year. There are alot of faces that we basically forgot about this year that will pop up in Spring ball. (Like Hoilett and Hamilton for example) And they will contribute.

This will be a BIG class. Prob 33-34 if you let Pete tell it. THIS is the class that we have been waiting for. If Al can close like I think he can, we will have the kind of Depth that will allow us to compete with FSU again.

BobbyDigius, I usually agree with you but I cant this time. I feel like we have been playing this "we are ONE class away" game for the last 5 years. I agree that this class completes this team. (provided we add Two JUCO DTs) The 2015 class will allow us for the first time to actually start red-shirting the entire class save for 4-5 studs that might can play right away. This class will give us all the depth we need. Remember guys like Earl Moore and Corey King essentially "red-shirted" this year. There are alot of faces that we basically forgot about this year that will pop up in Spring ball. (Like Hoilett and Hamilton for example) And they will contribute.

This will be a BIG class. Prob 33-34 if you let Pete tell it. THIS is the class that we have been waiting for. If Al can close like I think he can, we will have the kind of Depth that will allow us to compete with FSU again.

When I hear the term complete, I think of it as a complete miami team and I just don't see it. I see a legit top 15 or 10 team but not a top 5 team, which Is what a complete miami team means to me. The 2014 class so far is a monster, not denying that. I'm just saying I don't think 2013 and 2013 brought in enough talent. Where are our LBs and DTs? Yeah we look like we are figuring out our DT situation but JUCO guys are never slam dunks, just ask the team that signed Hooks and Combs last year. Hooks is okay and Combs is a total bust. What I'm saying is that the 2014 class is the foundation to an MNC run, the other two classes are good enough for top 3 in the ACC but won't cut it against FSU and others.

This class will give this team 3 deep at every position for the first time since the early 2000's. These young guys will need some time to grow up, but the caliber of player will be ready to play early. Take a look at what's returning and what's coming in and you will clearly see the difference in the makeup of this roster.

Advertisement
Back