2014 Class will complete this team

Hstokes1447

Junior
The 2014 class will finally give this team quality numbers and depth at every position. We will finally see a roster that will allow freshman to redshirt and not be counted on until their Redshirt SO season. Not only will we finally be a deep team we will also be a veteran team.

With a 9-10 win season this year, this staff will close in a big way. I fully expect to see a top 5 ranked class of 30+ commitments.

Looking at the numbers if no one leaves early

Quarterback
  1. SR Ryan Williams
  2. RSO Gray Crow
  3. RFR Kevin Olsen
  4. FR Brad Kaaya
  5. FR Malik Rosier

Running Back
  1. JR Duke Johnson
  2. RJR Dallas Crawford
  3. SO Gus Edwards
  4. FR Joseph Yearby
  5. FR Brandon Powell
  6. FR Trayone Gray

Fullback
  1. SO Walter Tucker

Wide Receiver
  1. SR Phillip Dorsett
  2. SR Rashawn Scott
  3. JR Malcolm Lewis
  4. JR Herb Waters
  5. RSO D'Mauri Jones
  6. SO Stacy Coley
  7. FR Darrell Langham
  8. FR Braxton Berrios
  9. FR Tyre Brady

Tight End
  1. SR Beau Sandland
  2. SR Clive Walford
  3. RSO Jake O'Donnell
  4. SO Standish Dobard
  5. FR Chris Herndon

Offensive Tackle
  1. RSR Malcolm Bunche
  2. JR Ereck Flowers
  3. RSO Taylor Gadbois
  4. RFR Sunny Odogwu
  5. FR Kc McDermott
  6. FR Reilly Gibbons

Offensive Guard
  1. RSR Jon Feliciano
  2. RJR Hunter Wells
  3. RSO Danny Isidora
  4. SO Alex Gall
  5. FR Trevor Darling

Center
  1. RSR Shane McDermott
  2. RFR Hunter Knighton
  3. FR Nick Linder

Strong Defensive End
  1. SR Anthony Chickillo
  2. RJR Ufambo Kamalu

Defensive Tackle/ 3-4 DE
  1. SR Olsen Pierre
  2. RJR Corey King
  3. JR Jelani Hamilton
  4. JR Calvin Heurtelou
  5. FR Anthony Moten

Nose Tackle
  1. JR Earl Moore
  2. JR Mike Wyche
  3. FR Travonte Valentine
  4. FR Courtel Jenkins

Jack
  1. RSO Dwayne Hoilett
  2. SO Al Quadin Muhammad
  3. FR Chad Thomas
  4. FR Trent Harris

Will Linebacker
  1. SR Denzel Perryman
  2. SO Alex Figueroa
  3. SO Jermaine Grace
  4. FR Darrion Owens
  5. FR Terry McCray

SAM Linebacker
  1. RJR Thurston Armbrister
  2. JR Tyriq McCord
  3. FR Demetrius Jackson
  4. FR Michael Smith

Middle Linebacker
  1. JR Raphael Kirby
  2. RSO JaWand Blue
  3. FR Juwon Young

Corner Back
  1. RSR Ladarius Gunter
  2. JR Tracy Howard
  3. JR Antonio Crawford
  4. RSO Nate Dortch
  5. SO Artie Burns
  6. SO Corn Elder
  7. RFR Ray Lewis III
  8. FR Nigel Bethel
  9. FR Ryan Mayes

Safety
  1. JR Rayshawn Jenkins
  2. JR Deon Bush
  3. RSO Larry Hope
  4. SO Jamal Carter
  5. FR Marques Gayot
  6. FR Kiy Hester

Last edited:
Advertisement
This looks great, but coach Golden has said in multiple interviews that Griffen will be our big red-zone WR. Griffen wouldn't want to carry 250-260 pounds to play TE because he would have to completely change his basketball game. Being that he is a high flyer, he wouldn't likely do that.

Last edited:
Good depth everwhere, but the defensive line depth can still get a lot better.

After the 2012 class with Duke Tracy Deon Tyriq etc, in my mind I thought we might have a chance to make a run at a title in 2014 if he put together another 2 solid classes. It's looking like we will be loaded next year with our only question mark at QB... I'm hoping Olsen can step right in and lead us to the ship.

Advertisement
Without question, we will have the best defensive backfield in the country come 2014.

Tracy, Deon, RSJ, Artie, Crawford, Carter, and Gunter is an embarrassment of riches.

Ton of versatility there as well. Deon, Artie, and Carter should all be able to play some nickel which would give opposing offenses fits with them up around the LOS.

They are the most exciting development on our team since the prospective backfield of Berry, Miller, and Storm

Advertisement
I like this team and how it is stacked...I think we may need another Safety, couple LBs, and 2 more DT's and this team could be scary good...

I have a strange feeling that the boys from 2013...will not bolt early...I think they want to finish what they started....Just a hunch
this team looks special all that needs to be done is winning on the field...A BIG WIN AGAINST UF could do wonders for the program
even if we win by 1 or 2 points its a win against a team that will be a preseason top 10

I can't wait til this year starts

Lockley is a safety btw

Mixed reports. I believe the most recent stuff has him slated to come in as a TE. I just hope he makes it in because he is a freakish talent IMO. I want him at TE.

From 6/28 Rivals article:
He reports [to prep school] Aug. 22 and says the plan is for him to play wide receiver.

"I'll be a big X," he said. "So most likely I'll be on offense at Miami."

He projects as a tight end at the next level, and he also could play linebacker.

Advertisement
Stokes I see no harm in having Alin on the list if you're using that logic (see bolded below), especially seeing as you list guys who haven't even committed to us. If Alin does de-commit then you can easily remove him, but adding him does give a better indication of our depth based on what we know today. Food for thought.

You missed Lassiter at QB. Don't dismiss him as a JAG.

I am not counting him out at all. I only added guys to this list that are on scholorship at the QB position.

Good depth everwhere, but the defensive line depth can still get a lot better.

Not so much lack of depth but lack of premier players.

Its a process. Getting depth is the start. We've all seen what our rosters have looked like over the past several years. We've seen punters working out at wide receiver and coaches having their kid's transfer in for QB depth. Having 3 or 4 kids competing for playing time at each position should net some good results.

Advertisement
Without question, we will have the best defensive backfield in the country come 2014.

Tracy, Deon, RSJ, Artie, Crawford, Carter, and Gunter is an embarrassment of riches.

Ton of versatility there as well. Deon, Artie, and Carter should all be able to play some nickel which would give opposing offenses fits with them up around the LOS.

They are the most exciting development on our team since the prospective backfield of Berry, Miller, and Storm

Apparently FSU believes they'll have more DBs drafted from their current roster than our entire division will. :confused:

Stokes I see no harm in having Alin on the list if you're using that logic (see bolded below), especially seeing as you list guys who haven't even committed to us. If Alin does de-commit then you can easily remove him, but adding him does give a better indication of our depth based on what we know today. Food for thought.

You missed Lassiter at QB. Don't dismiss him as a JAG.

I am not counting him out at all. I only added guys to this list that are on scholorship at the QB position.

Updated.

Advertisement
Back