2014 Class will complete this team

Everything is shaping up for next season. Quality depth everywhere except DT.

Yea we need Moten and i think he flips soon obviously he's seen our depth chart lol.. One more Juco in this class should do it to fill in the gaps. I think Jelani will move to DT full time next season. I've been saying this for awhile Jelani should RS and finally get healthy and come back next season as a 6'4 295-300 pound beast at DT.

Advertisement

Yea we need Moten and i think he flips soon obviously he's seen our depth chart lol.. One more Juco in this class should do it to fill in the gaps. I think Jelani will move to DT full time next season. I've been saying this for awhile Jelani should RS and finally get healthy and come back next season as a 6'4 295-300 pound beast at DT.
Yeah, as far as next season goes we could definitely use another JuCo DT.

Looking towards the future we definitely need one more commit.

After the 2012 class with Duke Tracy Deon Tyriq etc, in my mind I thought we might have a chance to make a run at a title in 2014 if he put together another 2 solid classes. It's looking like we will be loaded next year with our only question mark at QB... I'm hoping Olsen can step right in and lead us to the ship.

And if he can't hopefully Kaaya can

Does anyone else see Dobard redshirting? I think he does, our TE depth is pretty solid this year with Sandland, Walford, Cleveland, and O'Donnell

Advertisement
Will Linebacker
SR Denzel Perryman
SR Thurston Armbrister
SO Jermaine Grace
RFR Walter Tucker
FR Darrion Owens

SAM Linebacker
SR Devante Bond (If he gets in)
JR Tyriq McCord
SO Alex Figueroa
FR Michael Smith
FR Terry McCray

Middle Linebacker
JR Raphael Kirby
RSO JaWand Blue
FR Juwon Young
FR ???

I'm still hoping we can upgrade a bit at the LB position, when it comes to the undercalssmen. Tucker, Smith, McCray are sort of projects in my eyes... They don't "seem" to be "come in and compete" caliber players. Im thinking they need to learn the game alot more in order to contribute....

Last edited:

Aslo, too bad we couldn't have a redshirted Morris next season.

Thanks, Randy.

We had no choice in the UVA game in 2010 after Whipple threw 2 int in 2 passes lol.. If Morris plays like we think he will he would of left after this season anyways..

cool story: I was at that game (Jacory got absolutely blasted) when stephen came in and scored that TD diving for the pylon, I knew we had some special. Kid had that "it factor" even when he was a wide eyed true freshman

Advertisement
I know the OP prefaced the roster by stating everyone coming back but that is just not realistic. For one, I fully expect for Dorsett and Scott to turn pro. Too much risk for them returning to an unproven QB in their senior season. Two, Edourd will not be signing with UM. Three, I'd be shocked if Bond and Lockley make it to UM. Four, still need major upgrade at the LB position. All others seem to be good.

Linebackers that I consider potential studs are Perryman, Kirby, Figueroa, McCord, Grace, Young, Owens.

Armbrister - JAG
Blue - hear he's having trouble with the system
Tucker - extremely athletic project type player with alot of upside (may play RB)
Bond - Stud if he makes it in
Smith - Natural pass rusher who has a better chance in 3-4, needs to work on his reads/coverage
McCray - Haven't seen much film.

There are some really good pieces here, just need to be coached up and make plays.

The term JAG is thrown around so much on this site, but what really qualifies a player as a JAG. I believe that if a guy is making plays on speial teams or is providing some depth then he is not a JAG. In my opinion Armbrister is no JAG he plays on multiple special teams units and he provides depth. Last season (as a TRUE sophomore) was his first season playing LB, sure he made some mistakes in games butb he also made some plays. No he is not a stud but he is a solid role player on this team.

Every kid signed is not going to be a All ACC type of player or even a starter, but in my eyes that doesn't make them JAG's.

Advertisement
Not to rain on your list but you have 89 scholarship players not including your empty question marks or any kickers so it really is at the minimum 91 players if you add Matt goudis and a punter.
Who you gonna cut?

Not to rain on your list but you have 89 scholarship players not including your empty question marks or any kickers so it really is at the minimum 91 players if you add Matt goudis and a punter.
Who you gonna cut?

As always a few guys will transfer or leave really for the draft and a couple of the commits will not sign on signing day.

Possible NFL departures
Phillip Dorsett
Rashawn Scott
Clive Walford

Possible transfers
Thurston Armbrister
David Perry
Jalen Grimble
Hunter Wells
D'Mauri Jones
Danny Dillard
Preston Dewey

Advertisement
golden never mentions grimble when he talks about dl. he mentions corey king and earl moore, never grimble. he should just transfer

Brandon Powell added, this class if filling up very fast. I expect a few guys currently committed to be dropped and also a few high rated guys to take those spots.

Stacking chips, this D Line situation is turning around in a major way. 1 or 2 more stud DT's and we will be in great shape.

Advertisement
Back