2014 Class will complete this team

I'm still wondering who will be the QB next year. I see it being a battle between Williams, Olsen, and Kaaya(If he doesn't flip). I think Williams will win it.

Advertisement
Just a question but what do you, or anyone else, think about Ray Lewis III at S? Too small?

I think he could excel at safety. I find it funny when people say he is too small to play safety, he is 5'9 185 now as a true freshmen. The kid still has room to grown and he is also a great football player. Regardless of competition level, RL3 was a highly productive football player on both sides of the ball in high school. He has natural football skills, a great football IQ, and is a winner.

Starting NFL Safeties under 5'11
  1. Tyrann Mathieu 5'9 186
  2. Matt Elam 5'10 210
  3. Jairus Byrd 5'10 203
  4. Quintin Mikell 5'10 205
  5. T.J. Ward 5'10 200
  6. D.J. Swearinger 5'10 208
  7. Jamarca Sanford 5'10 200
  8. Devin McCourty 5'10 195
  9. Troy Polamalu 5'10 207
  10. Marcus Gilchrist 5'10 198
  11. Donte Whitner 5'10 208
  12. Earl Thomas 5'10 202
  13. Rodney McLeod 5'10 195

I’m a little late to the party, numbers-wise, sure, the roster looks okay. But, when we look at the quality of depth at the positions on the roster, there are a lot of question marks. And a lot of jags.

Advertisement
We seem to get a lot of fall out each year so it is hard to predict. 2014 looks like heck of a class, especially on the lines. I would like a big bruiser top 5 RB to go with Joe and Brandon plus more up the middle on D. Finally have nice DTs coming in, but you never have enough. A bringer of pain for MLB and safety also needed. Whatever the problem is on defense, it NEVER hurts to have some brutes that bring pain to QBs, RBs and WRs.

I’m a little late to the party, numbers-wise, sure, the roster looks okay. But, when we look at the quality of depth at the positions on the roster, there are a lot of question marks. And a lot of jags.

Who are these jags you speak of?

After watching film on Trayone Gray, I think he can be a difference maker at RB. This kid is an elite athlete, he is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands, and he will be 6'2 210 as a freshman.

Advertisement
After watching film on Trayone Gray, I think he can be a difference maker at RB. This kid is an elite athlete, he is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands, and he will be 6'2 210 as a freshman.

I'd put him at Safety. We have dynamic players on offense. We need more plus athletes at Safety and LB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back