2010 Class (current seniors)

Advertisement
So Jimmy Gaines is the biggest contributor on defense from an entire class?

Let that marinate.

explains a lot, doesn't it?

I mean we've done this on these boards a few times so its nothing new, but I hate reading it.

Our senior class, the leaders of the team, and that's what we get? It wasn't like 09 was much better either. Any team can pull and Ole Miss, or a "us" I suppose and nail a top class. But you can't half *** it and land multiple top classes year in year out.

And this 2010 class wasn't like a huge failure no one saw coming. I distinctly remember the mutiny going on back then about these takes. You could see it coming.

Maybe that is why our defense sucked last year

You think? Worst D this HC will ever HAVE to field.

Predictions by some of 4 wins last year was not unwarranted.

Golden is going to look like a coaching genius in 2 years....yet all he had to do was take over for the worst HC in Division 1 to make himself look like one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it is kinda evident the past regime was crap. But do we have to keep harping on about it? Like seriously eventually Golden will have to own this team. The numbers are atrocious but most of the players on O Shannon brought them here......right? Are you gonna give him credit for that? This almost sounds like we are preparing for if things go wrong this year......which I think it won't . But still smh

I think it is kinda evident the past regime was crap. But do we have to keep harping on about it? Like seriously eventually Golden will have to own this team. The numbers are atrocious but most of the players on O Shannon brought them here......right? Are you gonna give him credit for that? This almost sounds like we are preparing for if things go wrong this year......which I think it won't . But still smh

We look at old recruiting classes all the time, this thread is no different. The 2010 class happens to be what should be the Sr/Jrs on this team and unfortunately from top to bottom it is poor. That OL class is really sick though; Henderson, Linder, Bunche, Feliciano, McDermott.

that class and then golden rushed his first class together. last years freshmen were the first real class we had in 3 years.

that class and then golden rushed his first class together. last years freshmen were the first real class we had in 3 years.

This point is the biggest thing all the haters just can't wrap their brains around. But we're The U so Golden and Dorito should be winning 10 games no matter what. Blah, blah...

Advertisement
Jon Felciano as been better than just contributor. However point taken and agreed upon

i struggled with him but he is a projected back up this year so that's what put me over on him.

LT E. Flowers
LG J. Feliciano
OC S. McDermott
RG B. Linder
RT S. Henderson

That line.

112.gif

That's how recruiting should be looked at, three years later. It's telling to all that follow it and pencil in many of these kids as the next superstars. This particular view back shows us how weak our defensive recruiting was under Shannon and I find it comical that we have so many haters toward Golden and Coach D.

As the old saying goes: you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****...

This class is split face. The oline part of it is very, very good. The problem is obvious, the D partion is just horrible. It explains last year completely. Offense was good, with Duke added to it and the D was, well not there. Seeing this makes me take back anything I have said about the DC. He had nothing to work with. Randy did leave nice O talent--except for the total lack of QB depth-- and Al's staff coached that up fine. Randy left no defense and you just can't coach nothing. The other thing that is clear is why Bama took Randy's Oline coach(2010 is a **** of Oline class). Bama will be missing that boy and I don't think Mario is and equal-- Art however is, thank God(2014 is looking just as good).

Advertisement
Very solid offensive class and catastrophic defensive class.

The ironic thing is that people always make jokes about singing a two-star kid from Buffalo, but he was the only decent defensive player in the class.

Let that marinate.

I mean we've done this on these boards a few times so its nothing new, but I hate reading it.

Our senior class, the leaders of the team, and that's what we get? It wasn't like 09 was much better either. Any team can pull and Ole Miss, or a "us" I suppose and nail a top class. But you can't half *** it and land multiple top classes year in year out.

And this 2010 class wasn't like a huge failure no one saw coming. I distinctly remember the mutiny going on back then about these takes. You could see it coming.

Yep, I remember distinctly us just being lazy on the trails 2 classes straight, the company line was these coaches get paid let them bring who they want. We loaded up on scrubs, then the next year we just didnt even recruit any players. SMDH

Advertisement
Was solid contributor the highest rating u were giving out cuz I'm pretty sure Stephen Morris is better than solid

Based on what? His camp manning mvp? or his one record setting game against NC ST? Or maybe its his signature win against___?

7 games with a completion % under 60 and threw 2 or fewer TDs in 8 with no signature win.

Im pulling for him just as much as any of you this year, but a lot of you are talking top 5 qb in cfb, 1st/2nd round draft capability. Show me..

Been saying thos **** forever dude played *** against good DBs. throwing at guys feet all the time, I dont believe in him against teams with similar or better talent than us. SHOW ME

Let that marinate.

What do you think about the last class JHall? Kinda looks like the 09 class where AG got a huge haul in 12 followed by huge misses in 13......this 13 class scares me on the DL and all the plan b and c kids. wel thats my take, hopefully u have a better handle on it u seem to know about recruiting, but thats how i see it.

That defensive class is about the most pathetic thing these eyes have ever seen

And Randy was a defensive minded HC? It's just like when the offense fell apart while Coker was HC? You would think a HC with an offensive or defensive minded philosophy would at the very least keep those sides of the team dominant?

Advertisement
Back