2010 Class (current seniors)

Advertisement
hey randy,

thanks.

I'm sick of y'all mentioning randy...... lol This **** is on Al F Golden period.. He has a 13-11 record... I'm sick of the ****ing excuses of some of these sorry *** posters.

So Nick Saban sucks as he went 7-6 his first year with awful talent losing to an FCS school? You play the hand you are dealt and the best coaches make the most for the crap they are playing with. Al's mess was worse than Nick's and we all expect the same way Nick went 10-2 his 2nd year Al will do in his 3rd.

hey randy,

thanks.

I'm sick of y'all mentioning randy...... lol This **** is on Al F Golden period.. He has a 13-11 record... I'm sick of the ******* excuses of some of these sorry *** posters.

It's on Golden that he inherited a team with no secondary (had to convert rb's to fill the holes), great imbalance in the past recruiting, lots of entitled players that gave little to no effort, and the NCAA issues hanging over his head? So basically what you are saying is that you've just learned about this sport called football, and you don't really know much about it yet.

Advertisement
Just looked at our 2010 recruiting class hauled in by yours truly Randall Lennard Shannon. We wonder why we have had set backs as the crew below is who we expect to lead our team. Only Rodgers of the JAG's is in the 2 deep so per my math below that makes 18 of the 30 signees (60%) non factors to our team. This is the hand AG was dealt with the NCAA mess we wonder why we have had our struggles.

Jermaine Barton (gone)
Jeffrey Brown (gone)
Malcome Bunche (solid contributor)
Kelvin Cain (JAG)
Eduardo Clements (contributor)
Asante Cleveland (JAG)
Tyrone Cornelious (JAG)
De'vonte Davis (gone)
Jeremy Davis (gone)
Jonathan Felciano (contributor)
Chase Ford (GOAT JAG...gone thank goodness!!!)
Jimmy Gaines (contributor)
Tavadias Glenn (gone)
Maurice Hagens (solid contributor)
Darion Hall (gone)
Allen Hurns (solid contributor)
Storm Johnson (gone)
Brandon Lindner (solid contributor)
Shane McDermott (solid contributor)
Stephen Morris (solid contributor)
Kevin Nelson (gone)
Keion Payne (gone)
David Perry (JAG)
Kacy Rodgers (JAG)
Andrew Tallman (gone)
Delmar Taylor (gone)
Clive Walford (contributor)
Travis Williams (gone)
Latwan Anderson (gone)
Seantrel Henderson (solid contributor)

30 signees
14 no longer with team (47%)
5 JAG's (17%)
7 solid contributors (23%)
4 contributors (13%)

YEA Chase was horrible..but somehow makes a NFL team...coaching again..( 30 pages)

Advertisement
The scariest thing on offense about that list is that we should have a RB on the roster from that year who could be Duke's backup right now.

this was golden's first class but it was put together last minute.
Aside from Chick, crawford, dorsett, perryman, pierre, and scott, who that is left is contributing? we had nothing until last year. this year's fresh will build on depth
and next year you start reloading instead of rebuilding.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/football/recruiting/commitments/2011/miami-11

There were 17 guys in that makeshift class, as Grooms and Kinard never got in.

Dalton Botts was a successful pickup.
Crawford is a fringe player who may contribute this year.
Chickillo will be a 4-year starter and was thrust into a situation he shouldn't have been.
Dorsett is a likely NFL draftee.
Perryman is a likely NFL draftee.
Finnie was a contributor here until he got himself in trouble.
Gadbois may contribute as a swing Tackle in 2014.
Goudis is incomplete.
Jalen Grimble has been subpar.
Eddie Johnson was on his way to being a solid contributor before he used up all his chances.
Gionni Paul was slated to be a decent contributor before he screwed up.
Pierre will be All-ACC before he leaves here and I think he'll play in the NFL.
R. Scott will be All-ACC before he leaves here and I think he'll get a look in the NFL.
Ricardo Williams has been supbar.
Armbister is a career backup, most likely.
Corey King was a baby last year and we'll see this year.
Darius Smith was subpar for a JuCo guy.

It's not great. But, it's not terrible. Our roster is still shaken from before this.

Advertisement
Was solid contributor the highest rating u were giving out cuz I'm pretty sure Stephen Morris is better than solid

Based on what? His camp manning mvp? or his one record setting game against NC ST? Or maybe its his signature win against___?

7 games with a completion % under 60 and threw 2 or fewer TDs in 8 with no signature win.

Im pulling for him just as much as any of you this year, but a lot of you are talking top 5 qb in cfb, 1st/2nd round draft capability. Show me..

Yep. Against KSU, ND, FSU, VT and UNC he was bad (coincidently the only four opponents with a defense, the rest had awful D's). He overthrew too many open guys downfield, continually threw short of the chains on 3rd, didn't see openings to run until it was too late, and forced a lot in the red zone.

Was brilliant at times, has the tools and heart, has started for 3 years, so this is it. He needs to step up.

Was solid contributor the highest rating u were giving out cuz I'm pretty sure Stephen Morris is better than solid

Based on what? His camp manning mvp? or his one record setting game against NC ST? Or maybe its his signature win against___?

7 games with a completion % under 60 and threw 2 or fewer TDs in 8 with no signature win.

Im pulling for him just as much as any of you this year, but a lot of you are talking top 5 qb in cfb, 1st/2nd round draft capability. Show me..

Yep. Against KSU, ND, FSU, VT and UNC he was bad (coincidently the only four opponents with a defense, the rest had awful D's). He overthrew too many open guys downfield, continually threw short of the chains on 3rd, didn't see openings to run until it was too late, and forced a lot in the red zone.

Was brilliant at times, has the tools and heart, has started for 3 years, so this is it. He needs to step up.

very well said sir

He was not bad against KSU and ND. The offense was bad, but he was on target. FSU he was horrible and obviously hurt. VT he played a crappy half and UNC he was bad.

Advertisement
not to defend shannon but...

i've heard coaches like saban, meyer, mack brown, etc. say that only about 25% of a recruiting class will CONTRIBUTE let alone start. if you get 2-3 starters in a class its a very good class. obviously that class still sort of falls below that mark, but its not that out of line with a typical recruiting class.

not to defend shannon but...

i've heard coaches like saban, meyer, mack brown, etc. say that only about 25% of a recruiting class will CONTRIBUTE let alone start. if you get 2-3 starters in a class its a very good class. obviously that class still sort of falls below that mark, but its not that out of line with a typical recruiting class.

Thanks Killa. I was reading thru this thread, and the whole time I couldn't help thinking "What would ****** ex-Gator, $EC, and other pompous prick coaches think about recruiting pertaining to our Canes."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back