2010 Class (current seniors)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was solid contributor the highest rating u were giving out cuz I'm pretty sure Stephen Morris is better than solid

Based on what? His camp manning mvp? or his one record setting game against NC ST? Or maybe its his signature win against___?

7 games with a completion % under 60 and threw 2 or fewer TDs in 8 with no signature win.

Im pulling for him just as much as any of you this year, but a lot of you are talking top 5 qb in cfb, 1st/2nd round draft capability. Show me..

Golden said it thats why...

I remember doing a breakdown of the defensive attrition we had in 09 and 10.

I think it was over 50%.

Imagine HALF of your upperclassmen on defense washing out, then the other half being mostly comprised of JAGs.

Advertisement
Can someone bring up a clip of Kacy Rodgers against FSU a couple of years ago? Unfortunately, he's not even a "JAG"

two-year starters like Hurns, McDermott, Morris, Feliciano, and Henderson are JAGs.

you hate Randy so much I think you must be

113.gif

So Jimmy Gaines is the biggest contributor on defense from an entire class?

Let that marinate.

explains a lot, doesn't it?

I mean we've done this on these boards a few times so its nothing new, but I hate reading it.

Our senior class, the leaders of the team, and that's what we get? It wasn't like 09 was much better either. Any team can pull and Ole Miss, or a "us" I suppose and nail a top class. But you can't half *** it and land multiple top classes year in year out.

And this 2010 class wasn't like a huge failure no one saw coming. I distinctly remember the mutiny going on back then about these takes. You could see it coming.

What do you think about the last class JHall? Kinda looks like the 09 class where AG got a huge haul in 12 followed by huge misses in 13......this 13 class scares me on the DL and all the plan b and c kids. wel thats my take, hopefully u have a better handle on it u seem to know about recruiting, but thats how i see it.

I loved the 2013 class, really. But obviously there is a glaring hole at DT. I mean we took one kid who may or may not even make the team.

Golden seems dead-set on adding JUCO help there though so that can help salvage the position as far as the depth chart goes. No doubt the DT recruiting last year was a major miss.

Advertisement
Very solid offensive class and catastrophic defensive class.

The ironic thing is that people always make jokes about singing a two-star kid from Buffalo, but he was the only decent defensive player in the class.

I do remember you and a few others trying to tell people that Gaines was actually decent but at that point it was over. Remember Seantrel was a pipe dream at that point as well.

This happens every year under every coach. Attrition just happens.

Fast forward a year to the 2011 class (Golden's first even though he was here just a month) - and you'll see Alexis, Paul, Finnie, E. Johnson, R. Williams, Grooms, Kinard - 7 out of 20 are gone or never made it.

Overall numbers aren't the problem as much as lack of playmakers at the top are. But that should change this year.

Fast forward a year to the 2011 class (Golden's first even though he was here just a month) - and you'll see Alexis, Paul, Finnie, E. Johnson, R. Williams, Grooms, Kinard - 7 out of 20 are gone or never made it.

Overall numbers aren't the problem as much as lack of playmakers at the top are. But that should change this year.

Yeah but Golden had more than his hands tied behind his back, and he managed to Keep Chickillo, Dorsett, and Perryman home. That was all that class mattered to for me, I knew it was a lost venture when the news leaked we had NO official visits lined up. He also hit on unknowns Pierre and Scott, got Botts who was a beast, finally offered Crawford which we needed to have done years ago. We have Gadbois who has some potential, and Hunter Wells hasn't stabbed any police officers in his time here so he's fine by me.

2012 was a great class with a clear headliner on both sides of the ball and a number of good finds as well. Plus we haven't seen how any of these guys develop. His first year, after the scandal hit, transitioning staffs, and that busted recruiting class, I'm comfortable calling it year -1. Its special circumstances. Last year I really think of as ground 0, finally starting from almost even with nothing but a bunch of freshman and a few decent holdovers. His second year is very similar to Randy's second year and the records were about the same as well. This year is really the first year that this is Golden's team IMO. Not to say there aren't holes Randy left, and that because of that, we can have a lot of optimism moving forward, but Golden has adequate time to patch up some of the glaring holes on the team. I think the DL will hold up better this year, at least I hope, and we appear to be recruiting it well in 2014, so all we can do is hope.

You can't come into the game a month or so before National signing day, after losing all your so-called "momentum" that randys gradual improvement in record suggested, getting whooped with a stand in coach in a bowl game,

Advertisement

Can we please stop referring this to Golden's first class? He was hired in December with signing days less than 2 months away. Randy had 6 commits and very little OV's scheduled at the time he was fired. The 2011 class was a throw as much stuff against the wall and see what sticks due to the circumstances of having 2 months to build relationships and high numbers needed.

9 of those guys will be pros. Seantrel, Morris, Clive (I say pro because if Gordon made a pro team that just means that any big and reasonably fast TE can), Linder, Hurns, Hagens, Feliciano, McDermott, and Bunche.

33% is a pretty good ratio. I'd be curious to see what the recruit to pro ratio is for schools like Bama, LSU or FSU. Can't be higher than 33%.

Jermaine Barton (gone)
Jeffrey Brown (gone)
Malcome Bunche (solid contributor)
Kelvin Cain (JAG)
Eduardo Clements (contributor)
Asante Cleveland (JAG)
Tyrone Cornelious (JAG)
De'vonte Davis (gone)
Jeremy Davis (gone)
Jonathan Felciano (contributor)
Chase Ford (gone)
Jimmy Gaines (contributor)
Tavadias Glenn (gone)
Maurice Hagens (solid contributor)
Darion Hall (gone)
Allen Hurns (solid contributor)
Storm Johnson (gone)
Brandon Lindner (solid contributor)
Shane McDermott (solid contributor)
Stephen Morris (solid contributor)
Kevin Nelson (gone)
Keion Payne (gone)
David Perry (JAG)
Kacy Rodgers (JAG)
Andrew Tallman (gone)
Delmar Taylor (gone)
Clive Walford (contributor)
Travis Williams (gone)
Latwan Anderson (gone)
Seantrel Henderson (solid contributor)

9/30 get my approval. and that's lenient.

thanks, randy.

Advertisement
Back