2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

An OG Legend from around the way. Moms grew up with him and his wife Mrs. Delores. Straight from 55th & 31st. I found out he was from the hood when he made the speech when Mike Utley was paralyzed. I was reading the sports section of the Herald and he was on the front page. My mom comes outta the kitchen like, "Look at Lomas". I knew she wasn't a football fan let alone a Lions fan, so I was like how the heck do you know who that is.

He kept his head down and did what he had to do to get into UF I think he Played in the league like 18 yrs. I graduated with his sister.

Advertisement
92 and 93 Rodriguez lead them in rushing than you have 94 Pablo/Dutch/Vlad splitting carries 95/96 you had Livingston/Michel/Gonzalez and 97 and 98 you had Royals and Thumann 99 you had Masseus and Louidor thats basically 92-99 for you late 80s you had Chip

hes likely speaking of Audelin who was already named

I never went there and I'm waaay younger than you. You were there with a lotta cats from the hood I looked up to. That's the home school for my neighborhood. I went to Springs Middle but my mom would've rather die in a grease fire than let me go there(Personal beef with Dr. Bales). I grew up one block over from Rufus Smith who played on the '94 team. That team had the best defense I ever saw on the HS level. Held the Davis Bros. and the Ridge to 14 points when they lost in the Semis. They turned around and dropped 69 in the championship game. If you played b-ball you probably remember my godbrother O'Neil from The Bahamas and Cedric Rahmings(he stayed on Rufus' block too).
Oh man yea I played sports with and against Rufus for years. Played against Cedric in bball also. O'Neill was good at bball also.

Man that 1994 team was amazing. You are totally correct on the defense. I remember we'd kick a field goal early on and game was basically over. The way they held the Davis brothers was amazing. And they had the ball at goal line twice but Marante wasn't very good at QB. I played a lot basketball with those guys.... Troy Saunders, Ralph Perez who I grew up with, Raymond Brayan same, ..... always thought Leapher Castleberry would turn into a great player but never did.

Also Bales was an ******** so I don't blame your mom.....

Advertisement
Back