1st half Offense vs 2nd half Offense

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
I'm hearing that the big difference between our 1st half & 2nd half offense is that. Richt allows Rosier to make audibles at the line during the first half, and during that 2nd half Richt severely hampers Rosier's play calling and calls set plays where he is not allowed to audible as much. Any internet coaches wanna chime in on this?

Also I was down on the field before the game Rosier is 5'11 at best, and Homer is much smaller than i thought, he runs 20 pounds bigger then what he is.

Advertisement
Is this from someone you know in or around the team?
Not doubting you just haven't seen this reported before

its seems like on the last drive we ran RPO a lot with Rosier reading his cues to throw those screens

I don't think it's as much about the audibles when the game starts Rosier be barely missing but missing none the less and that's bad for keeping your offense on the field. We needed that v GT and we will also need that against Syracuse for a different reason.

side note: I would like to ask the players if they would take GT slow but physical cut blocking offense or Syracuse finesse high octane one.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

its seems like on the last drive we ran RPO a lot with Rosier reading his cues to throw those screens

Richt commended Rosier on sticking with the bubble, saying that it was hard to keep running the same play but he was patient and kept taking what they gave him.

What would be the purpose of letting him audible 1st half and not 2nd? Did Richt lose confidence, or was that part of the plan. It is baffling how we do all this stuff in the second half...why not start off with our good stuff? I get that you need to see what the defense is giving you, but why wait until after halftime?

Advertisement
I think it comes down to desperation in our fourth quarters.

That vanilla play calling is for the birds - and these cliffhanger fourths is no way to call plays.

If he'd just forget his wet dream of calling plays, and get a dedicated OC, with no other real responsibilities - he could concentrate on game plans and more effective execution.

Richt is a great head coach. Do what you do well, and let someone else do what they do well.

"Richt was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1994 upon the departure of Brad Scott. Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won two national championships (1993 and 1999).[7] During this time, Richt won two national championships.

University of Georgia (2001–2015)
Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games."

They made Mike Bobo OC at UGA in 2007, and never won the SEC again. Mark Richt only ever got the chance to become a great head coach because he was a great OC.

I'm just happy we make adjustments. Diaz adjustment to GT's new ripples he spoke of and then communicating that to the team and them effectively shutting out GT after that is most impressive coaching I've seen by a Miami coordinator in years

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That vanilla play calling is for the birds - and these cliffhanger fourths is no way to call plays.

If he'd just forget his wet dream of calling plays, and get a dedicated OC, with no other real responsibilities - he could concentrate on game plans and more effective execution.

Richt is a great head coach. Do what you do well, and let someone else do what they do well.

How are bubble screens, draws, and 4 verts not "vanilla?"

Advertisement
How do you get Rosier is 5'11 at best and Homer's smaller? Miami has him at 6'1. Why even really mention this? Should that affect our 5-0 record then?

I don't know bro, we have top 20 Offense right now and that's significantly higher than the last dedicated OC we had at the U. We're dam near averaging 500 yards of total O. #2 Offense in the ACC. I get it looks bland, but you can't argue with the results. Then on top of things, it's the QB 6 start ever, with the backup RB, and #1 WR down. For **** sakes, he got Langham producing lol!

Last edited:
I'm just happy we make adjustments. Diaz adjustment to GT's new ripples he spoke of and then communicating that to the team and them effectively shutting out GT after that is most impressive coaching I've seen by a Miami coordinator in years

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have to say. When Manny goes into the locker room at the half he takes care of business. The defense usually comes out to play.

Advertisement
Ball in the belly read every 1st down needs to go. Hit them quicker. More slip screens, slants, drags (use the TE) or runs under center. 2nd and 8 every time is why we have poor 3rd down conv %. Change it up.

"Richt was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1994 upon the departure of Brad Scott. Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won two national championships (1993 and 1999).[7] During this time, Richt won two national championships.

Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games."

They made Mike Bobo OC at UGA in 2007, and never won the SEC again. Mark Richt only ever got the chance to become a great head coach because he was a great OC.

I used to run eight miles (four miles up, four miles down) with boots and full field uniform on without stopping - every morning.

Doesn't mean I can do it now.

Anyone recall last October?

Advertisement

I don't know bro, we have top 20 Offense right now and that's significantly higher than the last dedicated OC we had at the U. We're dam near averaging 500 yards of total O. #2 Offense in the ACC. I get it looks bland, but you can't argue with the results. Then on top of things, it's the QB 6 start ever, with the backup RB, and #1 WR down. For **** sakes, he got Langham producing lol!

That's not saying anything.

We didn't even have a Head Coach.

I used to run eight miles (four miles up, four miles down) with boots and full field uniform on without stopping - every morning.

Doesn't mean I can do it now.

Anyone recall last October?

Why go through the trouble of quoting me if you're just going to make some asinine analogy that really doesn't even come close to addressing the substance of the quote. If you're having trouble, let me simplify it for you: The greatest period of sustained offensive production in the history of Florida State football came while Mark Richt was OC. The greatest period of sustained offensive production in the history of UGA came while Mark Richt was HC and calling his own plays. This remains true regardless of how far you can run.

Last edited:
Players are open in the first half, Rosier always seems to throw short, over throw, or don't see them. Second half he realizes this and start hitting those targets. That's the difference I see

Advertisement
Back