1st half Offense vs 2nd half Offense

well his playcalling has not been very good since he got to UM. Granted he is getting better but not much imagination. It took him nearly to midseason last year before he got in sync with Kaaya and then they started winning. Maybe that was Kaaya's fault but the kid seemed to regress under Richt. At least that's the way I see it. As for FSU success, You may be giving Richt a lot of credit that maybe belongs to Bowden.

"Richt was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1994 upon the departure of Brad Scott. Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won two national championships (1993 and 1999).[7] During this time, Richt won two national championships.

University of Georgia (2001–2015)
Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games."

They made Mike Bobo OC at UGA in 2007, and never won the SEC again. Mark Richt only ever got the chance to become a great head coach because he was a great OC.

Maybe you're speaking in generalizations because you're unable to offer specifics. Has every play call been perfect? No. But I think perhaps many of you are placing the blame for plays that don't work on the play call of a man who's been calling plays for the better part of the last 25 years with massive successes at two major universities in the two toughest conferences in the entire NCAA rather than the execution of those plays of the people who have been doing it for 5 games.

Like it or not, Richt didn't call "Throw it to Harley on 2." Other players were on the field and other receivers were running routes, but Rosier picked Harley and threw him what I thought was a 50/50 ball that Harley had a decent shot to come down with. Ain't a **** thing wrong with that play call if Harley makes the catch.

Advertisement
The narrative that richt can't call plays anymore is a good test to see who is smart and can read between the lines versus those who are idiotic dumbasses who sit alone at bars and pretend they understand football.

There is a reason we run short safe passes, throw deep, and avoid the middle like the plague. Read between the fu$$king lines and maybe you'll get it.

The playcalling didn’t change. Rosier started this game like 0-9 passing.

A few things:

1. He was 3 of 9 to start the game (see the first 9 passes below). He then went 6 for 8 in the remainder of the half. We scored 6 points when he went 3 for 9, we scored 6 points when he went 6 for 8.

2. Let's not forget 3 of 9 were (all incomplete passes) horrible personnel/play-calling decisions. These were routes in the end-zone to players that had no business receiving those plays (i.e. players under 5'11) especially when you have Langham.

3. You know what was working, but for some reason we stopped when it mattered, was the run game with Homer. He had 9 carries for 81 yards (9 YPC).

(14:07 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 11 yds to the MiaFl 15
(10:38 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 11 yds to the GTech 34 for a 1ST down
(9:31 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 12 yds to the GTech 20 for a 1ST down
(13:15 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 1 yd to the MiaFl 33
(12:48 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 2 yds to the MiaFl 35 for a 1ST down
(11:47 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 32 yds to the GTech 20 for a 1ST down
(4:48 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 6 yds to the MiaFl 18
(1:52 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 2 yds to the MiaFl 25
(1:04 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 4 yds to the MiaFl 36 for a 1ST down

Miami ran 9 plays in the red-zone in the first half.

- 2 of the 9 plays were FGs
- 2 of the 9 plays were running plays, neither were to Homer.
- 1 of the 9 plays was a TD. The TD was a pass to Homer.

---------------------------

First 9 Passes Below (Georgia Tech vs. Miami - Play-By-Play - October 14, 2017 - ESPN)

(10:47 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Christopher Herndon IV, broken up by Brant Mitchell
(8:20 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Mike Harley, broken up by Lance Austin
(8:14 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Dionte Mullins

(3:21 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Lawrence Cager
(14:14 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Braxton Berrios for 11 yds to the MiaFl 24 for a 1ST down
(13:42 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Jeff Thomas for 8 yds to the MiaFl 32
(12:17 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Mike Harley
(10:15 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Mike Harley
(5:21 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Travis Homer for 1 yd to the MiaFl 12

No one can explain why we move away from the run game when it’s working. Maybe he’s trying to conserve his back for the end of the game? Idk but it makes no ****ing sense. How many drives did we have stall? Something is wrong with this offense. It’s not terrible but the potential is there to be one of the top offenses in the country. I think we hurt ourselves a lot with play calling.

Well I thought I took a pretty good swing at both dispelling the myth that we stopped running the ball as well as explaining why running the ball was more effective in certain situations than it was in others.

"Gladly. Travis Homer's success in the run game, and to a large extent Rosier's as well, between the 20's was largely due to Georgia Tech's choice to line up in mostly nickle with a 6 man box, corners 8-10 yards off, and safeties 12-14 yards deep. When we got to the red zone, short field compresses the defensive alignment and the secondary flattens out and, even though it isn't due to the design, you end up with more defenders closer to the line of scrimmage. This makes running the ball more difficult. It's not that we didn't try to run, we ran with Homer, Gray, Thomas, and Malik in the red zone on those first two drives that ended in field goals.

And unless you can point out that neither Cager, Herndon, nor Langham were on the field running routes, then the incomplete passes to Harley and Mullins are solely on Rosier's decision rather than the play design."

Gladly. Travis Homer's success in the run game, and to a large extent Rosier's as well, between the 20's was largely due to Georgia Tech's choice to line up in mostly nickle with a 6 man box, corners 8-10 yards off, and safeties 12-14 yards deep. When we got to the red zone, short field compresses the defensive alignment and the secondary flattens out and, even though it isn't due to the design, you end up with more defenders closer to the line of scrimmage. This makes running the ball more difficult. It's not that we didn't try to run, we ran with Homer, Gray, Thomas, and Malik in the red zone on those first two drives that ended in field goals.

Wow. Do you really think GT was capable of stopping Homer? Because they didn't do it at any point during the game and they didn't do it in the first half. GT doesn't have the talent and they certainly don't have the coaching to stop him. I don't think you understand the tremendous talent discrepancy.

To reiterate...Homer was only averaging 9 YPC and rushed for a first down on 5 of his 9 carries.

Like I previously said, Homer didn't get ONE red-zone carry. The guy deserves those red-zone carries, not Gray or Thomas.

And unless you can point out that neither Cager, Herndon, nor Langham were on the field running routes, then the incomplete passes to Harley and Mullins are solely on Rosier's decision rather than the play design.

1. No. If you want the QB to put in the end-zone, on that throw, you make sure that the personnel is proper. You maximize the chances of getting the result. Why give the QB a lower % play of completing if you want him to go into the end-zone.

2. If you want to blame this on Rosier, strictly, here are the personnel on those 3 plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBYUYyiqlLg

(8:20 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Mike Harley, broken up by Lance Austin

This play takes place at 47:50 in the youtube clip above.

WRs in the game are: #3 Hartley, #4 Thomas and #8 Berrios
TE in the game: [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 3[/URL] Herndon (He does NOT run a route, he stays in and blocks)

This play takes place at 48:33 in the youtube clip above.

WRs in the game are: #4 Thomas, #8 Berrios and #8 4 Mullins
TE in the game: [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 3[/URL] Herndon

All players run toward the end-zone. No short routes, remember this is 3rd and 5.

This play takes place at 1:36:37 in the youtube clip above.

WRs in the game are: #3 Hartley, #8 Berrios and #8 1 Langham
TE in the game: [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 3[/URL] Herndon (He does NOT run a route, he stays in and blocks)

This is the first of the three plays where the proper target is on the field in the one on one situation (Langham).

- 1 of the 3 plays had the right personnel if you wanted to throw the ball in the end-zone (Play #3 )
- 1 of the 3 plays Richt clearly wanted the ball in the end-zone because everyone ran a route into the end-zone (Play #2 )
- 2 of the 3 plays had Herndon stay home and block (Play #1 and Play #3 )
- All 3 of the plays were opportunities to get first downs but instead we threw into the end-zone.. If Richt didn't want him to do that, why call those plays? Why allow him to make the mistake 3 times?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gladly. Travis Homer's success in the run game, and to a large extent Rosier's as well, between the 20's was largely due to Georgia Tech's choice to line up in mostly nickle with a 6 man box, corners 8-10 yards off, and safeties 12-14 yards deep. When we got to the red zone, short field compresses the defensive alignment and the secondary flattens out and, even though it isn't due to the design, you end up with more defenders closer to the line of scrimmage. This makes running the ball more difficult. It's not that we didn't try to run, we ran with Homer, Gray, Thomas, and Malik in the red zone on those first two drives that ended in field goals.

Wow. Do you really think GT was capable of stopping Homer? Because they didn't do it at any point during the game and they didn't do it in the first half. GT doesn't have the talent and they certainly don't have the coaching to stop him. I don't think you understand the tremendous talent discrepancy.

To reiterate...Homer was only averaging 9 YPC and rushed for a first down on 5 of his 9 carries.

Like I previously said, Homer didn't get ONE red-zone carry. The guy deserves those red-zone carries, not Gray or Thomas.

And unless you can point out that neither Cager, Herndon, nor Langham were on the field running routes, then the incomplete passes to Harley and Mullins are solely on Rosier's decision rather than the play design.

1. No. If you want the QB to put in the end-zone, on that throw, you make sure that the personnel is proper. You maximize the chances of getting the result. Why give the QB a lower % play of completion if you want him to go

2. If you want to blame this on Rosier, strictly, here are the personnel on those 3 plays:

TE in the game: [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 3[/URL] Herndon

All players run toward the end-zone. No short routes, remember this is 3rd and 5.

This is the first of the three plays where the proper target is on the field in the one on one situation (Langham).

- 1 of the 3 plays had the right personnel if you wanted to throw the ball in the end-zone (Play #3 )
- 1 of the 3 plays Richt clearly wanted the ball in the end-zone because everyone ran a route into the end-zone (Play #2 )
- All 3 of the plays were opportunities to get first downs but instead we threw into the end-zone.. If Richt didn't want him to do that, why call those plays? Why allow him to make the mistake 3 times?

My bad. Berrios has never caught a TD on a 15-25 yard seam route from the slot. Def needs to be out of the game in that situation. Too bad we don't have 4 Langhams to trot out there.

You're problem is that you're picking out a single play you don't like, or I should say picking a result, because in case you didn't pick up the sarchasm I was laying down, Berrios has scored about 3 TD's this year on that exact play from that exact range, from a 4 down series. Series where, If I remember correctly, we tried at least 1 run each. If you don't like Gray in that situation, cool, I can't disagree, but we did run the ball.

The same dullards that think we should keep feeding homer the ball are the same dullards that are gonna be throwing a tantrum and scapegoating Richt when homer inevitably breaks down.

"Richt was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1994 upon the departure of Brad Scott. Under Richt, Florida State had one of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator, the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses for five seasons, they were top twelve in total offense for five seasons, and top twelve in passing offense for five seasons. Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks: Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Richt coached a total of six FSU quarterbacks to the NFL, including Ward, Weinke, Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Danny Kanell (New York Giants), Danny McManus (Kansas City Chiefs) and Peter Tom Willis (Chicago Bears). During this period, FSU won two national championships (1993 and 1999).[7] During this time, Richt won two national championships.

Richt was hired as head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs before the 2001 season, replacing Jim Donnan. Richt's teams won two Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships (2002 and 2005), six SEC Eastern Division titles (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012), and nine bowl games."

They made Mike Bobo OC at UGA in 2007, and never won the SEC again. Mark Richt only ever got the chance to become a great head coach because he was a great OC.

I used to run eight miles (four miles up, four miles down) with boots and full field uniform on without stopping - every morning.

Doesn't mean I can do it now.

Anyone recall last October?

False equivalency.. physical deterioration is not on par with mental deterioration, and your lack of motivation to continue progressing is not a quality that Richt shares with you.

How about: a groundbreaking offense 25 years ago, is antiquated now. DCs figure out how to defend it.

My bad. Berrios has never caught a TD on a 15-25 yard seam route from the slot. Def needs to be out of the game in that situation. Too bad we don't have 4 Langhams to trot out there.

You're problem is that you're picking out a single play you don't like, or I should say picking a result, because in case you didn't pick up the sarchasm I was laying down, Berrios has scored about 3 TD's this year on that exact play from that exact range, from a 4 down series. Series where, If I remember correctly, we tried at least 1 run each. If you don't like Gray in that situation, cool, I can't disagree, but we did run the ball.

That would be 3 plays. We're discussing them, we can disagree (that is fine). We're also discussing why he doesn't call more running plays to Homer when he is averaging 8 YPC. Homer wasn't tiring, GT wasn't stopping him either as they can't/didn't. He deserved more carries especially if the QB isn't playing well/consistent.

You can attempt a run with _______ (insert other players here) but why not run it with your best player available? Same thing with those throws. If you want your QB to throw it into the end-zone, give him the right personnel on the fade.

Feel free to disagree.

Advertisement

1. No. If you want the QB to put in the end-zone, on that throw, you make sure that the personnel is proper. You maximize the chances of getting the result. Why give the QB a lower % play of completion if you want him to go

You asked him to show you which plays, then buddy pulled your card and broke it down proper..

Like the way you moved the goalposts instead of catching that L.. tip of the cap to you playa!

Lmao

That would be 3 plays. We're discussing them, we can disagree (that is fine). We're also discussing why he doesn't call more running plays to Homer when he is averaging 8 YPC. Homer wasn't tiring, GT wasn't stopping him either as they can't/didn't. He deserved more carries especially if the QB isn't playing well/consistent.

You can attempt a run with _______ (insert other players here) but why not run it with your best player available? Same thing with those throws. If you want your QB to throw it into the end-zone, give him the right personnel on the fade.

Feel free to disagree.

I should apologize. I'm not so much arguing against your points as I am the whole "Richt needs an OC" crowd. The fact of the matter is that for the people in that crowd, he's never going to get it right. Two weeks ago when he lined us up in the best jumbo we have personnel for, made Gaynor a lead blocking FB and tried to pound it in, he was being too vanilla. Rozier misses Cager crossing the back of the end zone and Richt is too predictable.

Some people aren't going to be satisfied until Richt relinquishes the play calling here, but as a Miami fan living in Georgia who's watched just about every game CMR coached at UGA, I can tell you for a fact that team began to go down hill the day they talked him into giving Mike Bobo the play sheets. He lost all his passion for the game and didn't get it back until he took this job. More than anything, I don't want to see the same thing happen here as did there.

You asked him to show you which plays, then buddy pulled your card and broke it down proper..

Like the way you moved the goalposts instead of catching that L.. tip of the cap to you playa!

Lmao
He called three plays and either Herndon or Langham ran routes on two of them. I'll take two out of three. Contribute or GTFO, but stop ****riding.

I used to run eight miles (four miles up, four miles down) with boots and full field uniform on without stopping - every morning.

False equivalency.. physical deterioration is not on par with mental deterioration, and your lack of motivation to continue progressing is not a quality that Richt shares with you.

How about: a groundbreaking offense 25 years ago, is antiquated now. DCs figure out how to defend it.

If you think zone read and outside/inside zone is antiquated, Alabama and Clemson would like to have a word with you.

Advertisement
I agree with OP. Malik mentioned in the post game that John Richt told him on the headset that the bubble screen is wide open and that he was getting upset that Malik wouldn't throw it. So I don't doubt for a second that they dial him down in the second half and control his recooks making a little more.

The narrative that richt can't call plays anymore is a good test to see who is smart and can read between the lines versus those who are idiotic dumbasses who sit alone at bars and pretend they understand football.

There is a reason we run short safe passes, throw deep, and avoid the middle like the plague. Read between the fu$$king lines and maybe you'll get it.

This is so true people think with a new QB, and fresh targets that we should be playing 1 size fits all. Fresh had to learn the proper routes. QB isn't a giant to throw some balls that surely Richt is trying to trust and protect his game. CMR is implementing at a snail's pace because he seems to be patient until he gets his guys. Trust the process.

I like how we just play straight up 1v1. I justdo wish we'd do less 4 verts and more bubble screens so that teams creep up to the LOS to defend the bubble THEN you hit them with 4 vertical.

Why go to the bubble when Homer is gashing those 6 man boxes? I mean, I'm not disagreeing with you as much as it may sound, but isn't one just as good as the other? GaTech should have brought an extra guy or two into the box to help out against the run, and they just never did. Well, I think they did once and Thomas got behind his man for about 70 yards. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that Tech was okay allowing us to run it or chip away with the short passing game. They just refused to give up the big play. And that strategy ALMOST worked.

That's the point of the RPO. If there's a 6 man box you hand off, when they load the box you throw the bubble. Whatever they're trying to stop, you go to the other thing which I imagine gets real annoying. I wouldn't mind seeing RPO like 5 times in a row then go long in the first half.

Which makes me wonder, why the fascination with the offense not being "vanilla"? RPO is simple yet hard to defend and can get the offense in a groove which would be nice to see in the first half. I like that they seem to get up to the line and snap faster when they're running it which I really think would help Rosier as he seems to be a rhythm guy.

Advertisement
He called three plays and either Herndon or Langham ran routes on two of them. I'll take two out of three. Contribute or GTFO, but stop ****riding.

It isn't three plays. I commented on three plays where I disagreed with the personnel. There also was the lack of rushing attempts with Homer, which I made clear, in the red-zone.

The playcalling didn’t change. Rosier started this game like 0-9 passing.

A few things:

1. He was 3 of 9 to start the game (see the first 9 passes below). He then went 6 for 8 in the remainder of the half. We scored 6 points when he went 3 for 9, we scored 6 points when he went 6 for 8.

2. Let's not forget 3 of 9 were (all incomplete passes) horrible personnel/play-calling decisions. These were routes in the end-zone to players that had no business receiving those plays (i.e. players under 5'11) especially when you have Langham.

3. You know what was working, but for some reason we stopped when it mattered, was the run game with Homer. He had 9 carries for 81 yards (9 YPC).

(14:07 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 11 yds to the MiaFl 15
(10:38 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 11 yds to the GTech 34 for a 1ST down
(9:31 - 1st) Travis Homer run for 12 yds to the GTech 20 for a 1ST down
(13:15 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 1 yd to the MiaFl 33
(12:48 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 2 yds to the MiaFl 35 for a 1ST down
(11:47 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 32 yds to the GTech 20 for a 1ST down
(4:48 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 6 yds to the MiaFl 18
(1:52 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 2 yds to the MiaFl 25
(1:04 - 2nd) Travis Homer run for 4 yds to the MiaFl 36 for a 1ST down

Miami ran 9 plays in the red-zone in the first half.

- 2 of the 9 plays were FGs
- 2 of the 9 plays were running plays, neither were to Homer.
- 1 of the 9 plays was a TD. The TD was a pass to Homer.

---------------------------

First 9 Passes Below (Georgia Tech vs. Miami - Play-By-Play - October 14, 2017 - ESPN)

(10:47 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Christopher Herndon IV, broken up by Brant Mitchell

(3:21 - 1st) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Lawrence Cager
(14:14 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Braxton Berrios for 11 yds to the MiaFl 24 for a 1ST down
(13:42 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Jeff Thomas for 8 yds to the MiaFl 32
(12:17 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass incomplete to Mike Harley
(5:21 - 2nd) Malik Rosier pass complete to Travis Homer for 1 yd to the MiaFl 12

It seems like Richt doesn't trust the OL near the goalline. He'll sneak it which is about surprise, but doesn't want to line up and run because they'll be expecting that. And I wonder if some of these passes to short guys are about thinking the D won't expect you to do it? Seems like that's the only thing he tried to do with Berrios last year.

I should apologize. I'm not so much arguing against your points as I am the whole "Richt needs an OC" crowd. The fact of the matter is that for the people in that crowd, he's never going to get it right. Two weeks ago when he lined us up in the best jumbo we have personnel for, made Gaynor a lead blocking FB and tried to pound it in, he was being too vanilla. Rozier misses Cager crossing the back of the end zone and Richt is too predictable.

Some people aren't going to be satisfied until Richt relinquishes the play calling here, but as a Miami fan living in Georgia who's watched just about every game CMR coached at UGA, I can tell you for a fact that team began to go down hill the day they talked him into giving Mike Bobo the play sheets. He lost all his passion for the game and didn't get it back until he took this job. More than anything, I don't want to see the same thing happen here as did there.

You don't need to apologize. You're entitled to your opinion. I think Richt needs help on offense, you can disagree.

Here is a post I had recently...(it has to do with Richt at OC v. Bobo at OC).

----------------

Before I post the stuff below, I actually think Richt can be much better if he fixed some obvious things and got some help. I don't think there is anything wrong with getting help; some of the best coaches (Saban) get help. Saban actually is a great defensive coach but he still goes out and gets great coaches to help him call plays and make decisions (especially personnel).

A few things:

1. I think the difference in wins has to do with the quality of coaching in the SEC and when he coached against them. For example, Richt was 2-0 against Bama but then when Saban came in 2007, he went 1-3 against Bama.

[The records below represent Richt's record v. these teams]

Against UF:

2001: Spurrier 0-1
2002-04: Zook 1-2
2005-10: Meyer 1-5
2011-15: Muschump 3-1

Against LSU:

2001-04: Saban 1-1 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2001 and 2002)
2005-15: Miles 3-2 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015)

Alabama

2001-02: Franchione 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2001)
2003-06: Shula 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2004, 2005 and 2006)
2006-15: Saban 1-3 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014

2. If you want to talk about the offense, then it is clear they did better on offense when Richt wasn't calling plays.

[Average Per Game Stats]

Richt as the OC

Total Offense: 433
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385
Scoring Offense: 32

Total Offense: 380
Scoring Offense: 27

Total Offense: 405
Scoring Offense: 28

Total Offense: 391
Scoring Offense: 30

Total Offense: 312
Scoring Offense: 25

Average with Richt as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 384
Scoring Offense (avg): 28.5

Bobo as the OC

Total Offense: 376
Scoring Offense: 33

Total Offense: 426
Scoring Offense: 31

Total Offense: 362
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385

Total Offense: 409

Total Offense: 468
Scoring Offense: 38

Total Offense: 484
Scoring Offense: 37

Total Offense: 459
Scoring Offense: 41

Average with Bobo as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 421
Scoring Offense (avg): 34.1

Source Here: NCAA Statistics

cfbstats.com - 2014 National

3. I think it is clear the serious issues are on offense. The defense is NOT perfect. They have issues too. They're clearly doing a pretty good job and look at what they have done during ACC play (this year):

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289 (Before today they averaged 479 YPG and 36.5 PPG)
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 14.34
Yards Allowed: 348
Turnovers Forced: 1.34
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

If you're only allowing less than 15 PPG and 350 YPG, it isn't hard to win games.

Why go through the trouble of quoting me if you're just going to make some asinine analogy that really doesn't even come close to addressing the substance of the quote. If you're having trouble, let me simplify it for you: The greatest period of sustained offensive production in the history of Florida State football came while Mark Richt was OC. The greatest period of sustained offensive production in the history of UGA came while Mark Richt was HC and calling his own plays. This remains true regardless of how far you can run.

But he hasn't called plays in years. And you should have been here last October.

That's my point.

Mark.

the body goes way before the mind. Poor analogy..

Advertisement
Back