1st and 2nd string running back?

Advertisement
Homer is 100% going to play this year.

He has elite size and speed and was extremely productive.

I hate to do it but....

Dalvin Cook ESPN verified Testing (2014)
5'11" 196
4.46 40 yard dash
4.18 20 yard shuttle
30.9 Vert
38 Power Throw
110 SPARQ Score

Travis Homer ESPN verified Testing (2016)
5'11" 195
4.48 40 yard dash
4.03 20 yard shuttle
37.8 Vert
40.0 Power
126.51 SPARQ Score

Easily the most underrated player in our class last year and possibly in the country.

Link?

If he is that good he will start be the middle to end of the season.

Football Recruiting - Travis Homer - Player Profiles - ESPN

Its legit...daayum.

Dang, you guys are out of your cotdang mind comparing Homer to Cook..even on paper with that ridiculous SPARQ ****. Just stop.

Advertisement

I hate to do it but....

5'11" 196
4.46 40 yard dash
4.18 20 yard shuttle
30.9 Vert
38 Power Throw
110 SPARQ Score

5'11" 195
4.48 40 yard dash
4.03 20 yard shuttle
37.8 Vert
40.0 Power
126.51 SPARQ Score

Easily the most underrated player in our class last year and possibly in the country.

Link?

Its legit...daayum.

I need to know who ran the 4086.0 40 yard dash.

RB is the most ready to go position. Redshirts don't make sense, unless there is an injury. Homer will play because he has the talent to be on the field.

I like Walton. He was victimized by penalties on 3 or 4 TD runs. Those penalties last year were bad.

Last edited:
My take is it isn't motivational or reflective of the actual depth chart.

They probably want to see what each of the 4 RB's look like running with the 1st and 2nd teams since there's not a lot of separation between the 4.

The first 3 games are basically a glorified scrimmages, so I'd expect each back to get 8-10 carries a game, and the coaches will use these games to shake out the depth chart and decide if they want to Redshirt Homer or not. GT game will show the real depth chart.

I'd predict:

- Homer will redshirt
- Walton will be the starter for the 1st game
- Gus will get the majority of carries once we get into ACC games, and will lead the team in rushing by the end of the year
- We'll basically have a 3 way RBC the whole year. Each will get 100+ carries
- This board's opinion on who our best RB is will rotate weekly

:U5PyXda:

I hate to do it but....

5'11" 196
4.46 40 yard dash
4.18 20 yard shuttle
30.9 Vert
38 Power Throw
110 SPARQ Score

5'11" 195
4.48 40 yard dash
4.03 20 yard shuttle
37.8 Vert
40.0 Power
126.51 SPARQ Score

Link?

Its legit...daayum.

I need to know who ran the 4086.0 40 yard dash.

Dalvin has a really good O-line. you all act like the dude is the second coming of O.J. Simpson. He's benefitting immensely of his O-line.

Advertisement
I think Homer will play more over Gus but people discrediting Walton & Yearby too quick are the people who overhype guys too early.

They are not home run hitters but that's not everything in a RB.

And yes Homers numbers are legit and he posted those at an incredible age of only 16.

I saw it in spring. Walton was running and playing with more authority and has put on good muscle since last year.

Those goal line and short yardage situations they put him in last year took a toll on his numbers a bit, not even mentioning 3-4 big plays called back on penalties. He was not ready from a physical standpoint for that beating. Why golden staff took out Yearby for Walton in those situations I just won't understand.

So far from what I saw in spring and from what I've been told from people actually there at practice this fall. Walton been the #1 guy but that goes without saying, Yearby is second but a very close second.(Walton made more of a gap during spring but Yearby closed that gap since then this fall). And that Homer is definitely the fastest of the bunch and has made some big chunk plays here and there.

They have been rotating around the backs vs the 1s and 2s. The guys in drill order is not indicative of anything. Matt was just mentioning the drill order, one of the day's Gus was first in the drills. Doesn't mean anything.

But I still expect Homer to have a great year.

Last edited:
Homer is our "homer" run threat from the reports out of camp breaking big runs. He seems to have that next gear our others are missing.

Advertisement

I hate to do it but....

5'11" 196
4.46 40 yard dash
4.18 20 yard shuttle
30.9 Vert
38 Power Throw
110 SPARQ Score

5'11" 195
4.48 40 yard dash
4.03 20 yard shuttle
37.8 Vert
40.0 Power
126.51 SPARQ Score

looking at those stats he looks he is the best RB we have on paper. I don't think the other 3 have that type of speed and ability. He might be getting the Bulk of the reps by mid season

I think Homer will play more over Gus but people discrediting Walton & Yearby too quick are the people who overhype guys too early.

They are not home run hitters but that's not everything in a RB.

And yes Homers numbers are legit and he posted those at an incredible age of only 16.

I saw it in spring. Walton was running and playing with more authority and has put on good muscle since last year.

Those goal line and short yardage situations they put him in last year took a toll on his numbers a bit, not even mentioning 3-4 big plays called back on penalties. He was not ready from a physical standpoint for that beating. Why golden staff took out Yearby for Walton in those situations I just won't understand.

So far from what I saw in spring and from what I've been told from people actually there at practice this fall. Walton been the #1 guy but that goes without saying, Yearby is second but a very close second.(Walton made more of a gap during spring but Yearby closed that gap since then this fall). And that Homer is definitely the fastest of the bunch and has made some big chunk plays here and there.

They have been rotating around the backs vs the 1s and 2s. The guys in drill order is not indicative of anything. Matt was just mentioning the drill order, one of the day's Gus was first in the drills. Doesn't mean anything.

But I still expect Homer to have a great year.

Has Gus stop avoiding contact?

Advertisement
Either the troll game here is becoming elite or some of you don't actually watch our games.

I expect Homer will get a good bit of carries in the first 2-3 games, especially in the second half, and he'll have every chance to look very good. Guessing he'll rip off some nice runs against the cupcakes and get us all very fired up.

Then we'll see where he stacks up when we get into the meat of the schedule.

Guys like Homer are one reason to look forward to games against the FAMUs of the world.

Walton, Yearby, and Gus are all just ok. It's a bad sign if Homer isn't stealing carries from those pedestrian backs. It would mean we still don't have an elite rb on the roster.

What I see happening this year is Walton and Yearby getting their carries and putting up decent numbers. Homer will get some looks (limited) early and will bust a couple runs. His production and big play potential will juice up the fans and put pressure on the staff to play him more. Which they will. Despite superior rushing numbers, he won't take over the starting spot full time until next year due to the more experienced guys being better pass blockers and better with ball security.

I hate to do it but....

5'11" 196
4.46 40 yard dash
4.18 20 yard shuttle
30.9 Vert
38 Power Throw
110 SPARQ Score

5'11" 195
4.48 40 yard dash
4.03 20 yard shuttle
37.8 Vert
40.0 Power
126.51 SPARQ Score

looking at those stats he looks he is the best RB we have on paper. I don't think the other 3 have that type of speed and ability. He might be getting the Bulk of the reps by mid season

"On paper" doesn't capture vision, which is probably the most important trait of a good RB. If you have 4.3 speed, but you're not hitting the hole or finding the crease in the defense, your speed doesn't do you much good.

Don't get me wrong, I think Homer has alot of potential. But I expect Yearby to get more carries than the others early on. He has proven he can play RB at a high level.

Advertisement
Back