1st and 2nd string running back?

Advertisement
Here's my question... Would you guys be comfortable if Homer blows up like Cook did his freshman year

Take it fwiw, but according Matt Porter, Travis Homer is now lining up with the second string as Miami began its first practice post camp. Joe Yearby is the first string running back.

Not sure if this means anything, but found it to be interesting to say the least.

Miami Hurricanes practice observations, Aug. 23, 2016 | Canes Watch

Nobody leapfrogged anybody. Richt rotates 2s. All of them have gotten burn with 2s throughout camp. Gotta say though Homer is gonna be the real deal. He's out there staying to himself & just practicing hard.

He busts one and the other guys are going in to black on 3rd down. Rb don't take years to adjust. Find the hole and go. That's it. And speed can't be coached

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
He busts one and the other guys are going in to black on 3rd down. Rb don't take years to adjust. Find the hole and go. That's it. And speed can't be coached

That's nowhere near true that running backs don't take time to adjust. Some are simply far more gifted & get by with what they got while they grow. But 9 out of 10 take a decent amount of time till they get to where they trust their line & their vision. You want an example just look at Willis his first couple years. He basically just ran in a straight line then fell down. Once he learned to trust completely he took it to a different level. Obviously not always the case but quite often it is. Gus,Walton & Homer are our best backs in my opinion. Think all our backs will be surprising this year but I just think Joe brings the least to the table.

That's nowhere near true that running backs don't take time to adjust. Some are simply far more gifted & get by with what they got while they grow. But 9 out of 10 take a decent amount of time till they get to where they trust their line & their vision. You want an example just look at Willis his first couple years. He basically just ran in a straight line then fell down. Once he learned to trust completely he took it to a different level. Obviously not always the case but quite often it is. Gus,Walton & Homer are our best backs in my opinion. Think all our backs will be surprising this year but I just think Joe brings the least to the table.
Yes they do not reach their full potential but coming in and going for 1k yards is not hard for a talented back.

The RBs were awful last year. Granted they should be better this year with a new coaching staff.
They weren't awful. We just didn't have a homerun hitter...The runs where Walton popped a big one were called back...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Here's my question... Would you guys be comfortable if Homer blows up like Cook did his freshman year

As long as he doesn't fumble or blow assignments then I'm all for it. I like Yearby and Walton but they are what they are.

The RBs were awful last year. Granted they should be better this year with a new coaching staff.
They weren't awful. We just didn't have a homerun hitter...The runs where Walton popped a big one were called back...

I don't get where people say he popped a big run. The only one I can remember is the 47 yard screen in the Nebraska game. That was it really... The other was like a 20 yard run in the Nebraska game as well. That's not a big run IMO... He only had that one screen called back that should be considered a big run. Yearby out performed in every facet of the game last year. Yearby ran behind that same line and still would rip of good chunk gains of yards

Yearby ran for 1000+ yards last year behind a lousy line in a lousy system. I know he's not a break-away threat, but he certainly wasn't awful last year.

Advertisement

No, it's only cool if Gus blows up, otherwise ***** that. I'd rather watch last year's painful run game all over again than have to see a back who's not my preference do well.

Advertisement

I don't get where people say he popped a big run. The only one I can remember is the 47 yard screen in the Nebraska game. That was it really... The other was like a 20 yard run in the Nebraska game as well. That's not a big run IMO... He only had that one screen called back that should be considered a big run. Yearby out performed in every facet of the game last year. Yearby ran behind that same line and still would rip of good chunk gains of yards
And Yearby did that carrying a diabeetus gut. He'll be better this year than he was last year. Contrary to weepy opinions on here, we have some good RBs on this roster.

Homer is the most talented and physically gifted RB on this roster from a measurable standpoint. However, I don't think anyone here is throwing out Dalvin Cook comparisons from a running standpoint.

I think we can all agree there isn't an elite back on this roster that can do it all. There is no McGahee, Portis, Gore, ect. Homer is the closest thing to those other running backs we have on this roster but he has a lot to prove.

Homer is the most talented and physically gifted RB on this roster from a measurable standpoint. However, I don't think anyone here is throwing out Dalvin Cook comparisons from a running standpoint.

I think we can all agree there isn't an elite back on this roster that can do it all. There is no McGahee, Portis, Gore, ect. Homer is the closest thing to those other running backs we have on this roster but he has a lot to prove.
Why is everyone so sure Homer isn't an elite back? He's got elite athleticism especially for a big kid. Before **** went off at FSU there were plenty of questions about his game. Many were claiming he was basically a straight line speed guy with no vision.

Advertisement
Back