1st and 2nd string running back?

Homer is the most talented and physically gifted RB on this roster from a measurable standpoint. However, I don't think anyone here is throwing out Dalvin Cook comparisons from a running standpoint.

I think we can all agree there isn't an elite back on this roster that can do it all. There is no McGahee, Portis, Gore, ect. Homer is the closest thing to those other running backs we have on this roster but he has a lot to prove.
Why is everyone so sure Homer isn't an elite back? He's got elite athleticism especially for a big kid. Before **** went off at FSU there were plenty of questions about his game. Many were claiming he was basically a straight line speed guy with no vision.

Just re-watched Travis Homer's high school film and he's got some serious skills. If you want a Georgia comparison (via Mark Richt) he reminds me of a slimmer Knowshon Moreno in the way he runs.

I've compared him Mark Walton to Moreno.
I think Homer's a bit different from what I've seen. Runs bigger. I can't get a great read on him yet. Interesting that you see Moreno. What elements of his style?

Advertisement
Walton going to have to show me this year. I think yearby should still be starting

Homer is the most talented and physically gifted RB on this roster from a measurable standpoint. However, I don't think anyone here is throwing out Dalvin Cook comparisons from a running standpoint.

I think we can all agree there isn't an elite back on this roster that can do it all. There is no McGahee, Portis, Gore, ect. Homer is the closest thing to those other running backs we have on this roster but he has a lot to prove.
Why is everyone so sure Homer isn't an elite back? He's got elite athleticism especially for a big kid. Before **** went off at FSU there were plenty of questions about his game. Many were claiming he was basically a straight line speed guy with no vision.

Just re-watched Travis Homer's high school film and he's got some serious skills. If you want a Georgia comparison (via Mark Richt) he reminds me of a slimmer Knowshon Moreno in the way he runs.

You hit the nail on the head with that compare. His ability to make up field cuts in small spaces is rare for kids with his speed. It's an NFL type of move that's not always easily learned. Most kids want to dance and move side to side and flash their skills. Not Homer, he does things naturally that a coach usually spends years trying to break their quick and shifty backs of.

I would not doubt to Homer displace them all at some point during the season. My only worry is how he takes the hits, how he holds on to the ball and how he picks up the blitz. Other than that he has the most natural RB skills on our roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back