1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Agree with this %100 but I think it’s good for them ... They’re gonna learn real quick what it takes to compete on THAT level .. Hopefully work towards it and couple years down the road James Williams stays his senior year and they beat bama in the National Title game ... Wouldn’t that be somethin ?
I think a James Williams senior year will be a bad sign he ain't playing up to that billing. If he hit his potential he's three and out which I hope he plays at an insane level

Advertisement
Kinda felt this way when that Jacory Harris class played flowda in 2008 ... Those boys were freshmen and hung with uf till the 4th quarter .. I thought for sure the future was bright after that game ... But sadly it wasn’t the case
Even though we lost that game I giggled myself to sleep over a true freshman Spence rag dolling the almighty #15. Glorious

Very quiet kid , that keeps to himself and wants zero attention. Or what I like to call a unicorn in 2020. He’s one of the steals of this class, some here have no clue what we have with him. Criminally underrated, under hyped.
Cribby I think he mean't Mason isn't active on Social media. Unless you're saying we already got Smith on board. LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe, just maybe, the NIL can level the playing field a little bit. What would help a lot is for a player at some bag school to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar and ruled ineligible. Or have disgruntled recruits at those schools tell other recruits about how the school and boosters felt they owned the players since they paid them with dirty money. That way Miami can point to the legal NIL money and show recruits that they have full control over their own situation.

Or alternatively Blake Baker can just pay Smith out of his own pocket since it might be the only thing that helps him keep his job.
It's crazy how these basketball kids keep getting caught when they are one year rentals but is usually dead silence from the NCAA when it comes to usually suspects in football. These bag schools must have the NCAA officials on the payroll as well.

I think Travis Ettiene’s family was Ridiculed bc he went to Clemson. I could be wrong on the player name but I believe it was him
He's not the only one I'm sure but I remember Etienne and his family were told they had less than 24 hours to leave the state lol Crazy *** LSU fans.

He's not the only one I'm sure but I remember Etienne and his family were told they had less than 24 hours to leave the state lol Crazy *** LSU fans.
The story I heard was he was slow
Played but it was only during the national championship against lsu thag his family received death threats

Advertisement
He also said he was going to the “real Death Valley” and that ****ed people off too.
Still crazy *** fans threatening people over a commitment.

Smith is this years Justin flowe
Smith has gone on record several times stating our defensive scheme is the best fit for him over the past year. He visted our campus during paradise. No one realistically thought Flowe was coming here besides Rohan and some on this board, and their only indication was retweeted UM vids on twitter.

Advertisement
99% of the po(r)sters in this thread know this kid is not coming here. So what? Let us live! We have 4 spots to go and we aren’t likely to land anyone significant to close the class as of today so can you please just let me have my fantasy? We are in the final 4 for the #1 recruit in the nation. It’s enjoyable for the LULz if nothing else

We really do have a chance with this kid and I want everyone to imagine what that DL would look like in 2 years if we had LT and Maason lining up next to each other.... ZOINKS!!! We get Maason and that puts us on even different plane than we've been on recently. Everything opens up if we land 2 5 Star DT's, and according to many services, these are the 2 best DT's in the country.

Advertisement
Back