1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Dec 16.......🤐🤐🤐
no way smh GIF by 99 Percent

Advertisement
I have to find the kid's name - he was from a small town in La and committed to Bama. Family was harrassed etc If I remember correctly, it was two cycles ago. Kid had a public commitment with hats on the table and everything....
I think Travis Ettiene’s family was Ridiculed bc he went to Clemson. I could be wrong on the player name but I believe it was him

I think Travis Ettiene’s family was Ridiculed bc he went to Clemson. I could be wrong on the player name but I believe it was him
Yep, one of the reasons that LSU offered his little brother so early. Fans got on Etienne for leaving the state and LSU for slow playing him (actual slow play, not the South Florida/Canes definition)

I have to find the kid's name - he was from a small town in La and committed to Bama. Family was harrassed etc If I remember correctly, it was two cycles ago. Kid had a public commitment with hats on the table and everything....
Devonta Smith?

U have to bring that in yearly and guys to push those guys in case one doesn't pan out. That's how elite schools do it....those guys will be fr to tall a task for those pups vs bama IMO. But miracles happen
Exactly. These type of prospects have to be a ANNUAL occurrence ..build a elite team by stacking chips. Not all highly talented guys pan out. You negate that by annually recruiting a kid just as gifted

Advertisement
Exactly. These type of prospects have to be a ANNUAL occurrence ..build a elite team by stacking chips. Not all highly talented guys pan out. You negate that by annually recruiting a kid just as gifted
If u do just one class u set yourself and those kids possibly up for failure. They have to carry the load and if the majority doesn't pan out your back to square one.

U have to bring that in yearly and guys to push those guys in case one doesn't pan out. That's how elite schools do it....those guys will be fr to tall a task for those pups vs bama IMO. But miracles happen
Agree with this %100 but I think it’s good for them ... They’re gonna learn real quick what it takes to compete on THAT level .. Hopefully work towards it and couple years down the road James Williams stays his senior year and they beat bama in the National Title game ... Wouldn’t that be somethin ?

If u do just one class u set yourself and those kids possibly up for failure. They have to carry the load and if the majority doesn't pan out your back to square one.
Kinda felt this way when that Jacory Harris class played flowda in 2008 ... Those boys were freshmen and hung with uf till the 4th quarter .. I thought for sure the future was bright after that game ... But sadly it wasn’t the case

Advertisement
Nothing against your eval. I want JW in a rover role. From what ive seen from him this season he creates havoc.

I believe his talents wont be on full display playing center field. He can create a lot of turnovers playing the flats and roaming near the line.
I respect yours my man, and you’re right he definitely does cause havoc at the LOS, I saw what you’re talking about in all of his games he was coming off the edge making plays in the backfield, I’m just glad we got the young man so that we can even have these types of convos, but in the role you’re speaking of I like Chase Smith for that to me he’s just as good of an athlete as James Williams

I agree. I think last year is a good building block for this year. If we can get some studs this year and next, we can have a **** good team in 2022.

Advertisement
The player I was thinking of was Ishmael Sopsher from Amite, La. LSU was sure he was locked up, despite the smoke about Bama. It apparently got ugly after signing day for him and his family. Amite is a real LSU stronghold. Ironically, he just left Bama this year and hit the transfer portal.....

The player I was thinking of was Ishmael Sopsher from Amite, La. LSU was sure he was locked up, despite the smoke about Bama. It apparently got ugly after signing day for him and his family. Amite is a real LSU stronghold. Ironically, he just left Bama this year and hit the transfer portal.....

bama has a guy on staff (not sure if he’s still there) from Amite. Over the years they’ve poached a few kids from there bc of this dude (he was responsible for landing devonta smith)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back