10th Assistant Coach

Advertisement
With coaches like Aubrey Hill going off to Marshall and other coaches headed to some of these new staffs in the state (FAU, FIU, UCF and USF), Pete has there been rumblings about who Miami might hire as its 10th Assistant Coach this spring?

Footnote: I'm discussing it here because I figure it's gonna have an impact on recruiting.

1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
2nd. LB coach to help Diaz out.
3rd. OL coach to help out Searles.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.

Advertisement
Hire whoever would have the biggest impact on recruiting and find a place for him.

Advertisement
1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
2nd. LB coach to help Diaz out.
3rd. OL coach to help out Searles.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.
Diaz don't need any help, he's a savage LB coach, the job he did with the 3 Freshman LB's after losing two starters in Grace & Young, then losing more depth in Gordinier was nothing short of spectacular.

Agree, that we could add a ST's coach though, I'm fine with leaving Hartley at TE coach/recruiter.

Yeah, I would get a coach that is at a position that is currently doubled up on (ex: Hartley TE/ST). If a current position coach can't handle one position duty, then why have him period. I don't know the coaches at all to know which area Hartley is stronger at. Pick the position that he's weaker in and have the person be a strong recruiter.

Speaking of, has anyone figured out what Jon Richt actually does?
Recruit the **** out of QB's & so far, he's done a good job at it...

If by Jon, you mean MARK, then yes I agree...

Quote from an article on N'Kosi:

Perry committed to Al Golden last year, but backed off when the coach was fired. After meeting the new coaching staff, he soon decided he wanted back in.

“I was looking for a few more offers,” Perry said of his time away from the Hurricanes. “But when I came for my visit and I first met coach [Mark] Richt down here, it was the greatest thing ever. I knew I didn’t want to go anywhere else.”

One thing that sealed the deal: he sat in on a quarterback meeting and made a study of the head coach.

“I liked the fact that Mark Richt was in there the whole time, making sure the players understand what’s going on,” Perry said. “Based on him being in the quarterback meeting the whole time, I can tell he trusts the rest of his coaches. He trusts the defensive coaches, the wide receiver coach, everybody, because he’s not in their meetings. He’s in there with the quarterbacks.”

Advertisement

Mark Richt interviewed over ten candidates for that position without looking at the names. He told Thomas Brown to send the best blind candidate to the room and when he walked in it just so happened to be his son. It was a completely random and objective process in which Richt selected his quarterbacks coach.

Advertisement
Recruit the **** out of QB's & so far, he's done a good job at it...

If by Jon, you mean MARK, then yes I agree...

Quote from an article on N'Kosi:

Perry committed to Al Golden last year, but backed off when the coach was fired. After meeting the new coaching staff, he soon decided he wanted back in.

“I was looking for a few more offers,” Perry said of his time away from the Hurricanes. “But when I came for my visit and I first met coach [Mark] Richt down here, it was the greatest thing ever. I knew I didn’t want to go anywhere else.”

One thing that sealed the deal: he sat in on a quarterback meeting and made a study of the head coach.

“I liked the fact that Mark Richt was in there the whole time, making sure the players understand what’s going on,” Perry said. “Based on him being in the quarterback meeting the whole time, I can tell he trusts the rest of his coaches. He trusts the defensive coaches, the wide receiver coach, everybody, because he’s not in their meetings. He’s in there with the quarterbacks.”
If you don't think Jon heavily recruited both Perry & Weldon, then there's simply nothing to discuss with you further.

That's what I've been saying for a while. He won't get anything but a small job in the NFL if any so bring him here and build him up

Either Reed or Craig. Move Banda to LB, which Diaz will still oversee, and Ed to S coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig would only accept a wr coaching job and he's not better them Dugans. Ed on the other hand would be huge even if he coaches special teams which shouldn't be that hard since he was a great returner and mainly because If Manny wants all hands on the linebackers you let him

Advertisement
Back