10th Assistant Coach

GREAT RECRUITER PERIOD. recruiting is half the battle in CFB so yea... We need another closer.. the 10th coach will probably be Special Team Cood. but idc just get me someone who can sale any (top) targeted recruit to come here..

Advertisement
You have to credit CMR with his staffing hires.. For the most part they've been really good hires! I can only ***-u-me..(hope)..his next hire will be as meaningful as kool, Diaz,..Rumph...but on the other side of the ball!!

Out of curiosity, what would it take to convince people that JR is actually earning his salary? It's amazing how many people absolutely know that he's stealing money from UM. I don't know that he's earning it, but none of you know that he's not.

Out of curiosity, what would it take to convince people that JR is actually earning his salary? It's amazing how many people absolutely know that he's stealing money from UM. I don't know that he's earning it, but none of you know that he's not.

All that I know, with a certainty, is that we could have hired a more qualified QB coach.

I am rooting for him to succeed as much as anyone else, but to call his initial hire anything but nepotism is burying your head in the sand.

Sometimes nepotism works out and you get a guy just as skilled if not more than the father/relative, more often than not it fails. Here's to hoping it works.

Last edited:
1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
2nd. LB coach to help Diaz out.
3rd. OL coach to help out Searles.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.

How about an offensive coordinator to help out Richt?

he already has one his name is thomas brown.

Advertisement
1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.

The best thing to do with Brown is demote him to RB coach, take 400-500K of his current 700k salary, and use it to help hire a real OC.

The best thing to do with Brown is demote him to RB coach, take 400-500K of his current 700k salary, and use it to help hire a real OC.

Hard to demote a coach, without losing him..but Definately a co-o/c to help out. And hopefully one whose pass friendly. Would love to see the days of 3-4 min scoring drives again. And I think we have the def to keep up that pace. If we need to slow it down for a few to let the defense breathe,..pound the rock! Second half....pound the rock....they load the box..air it out!

John lilly is out of work i believe. Thats who richt would likely hire.
Loves the NFL and is likely to stay. If he returns to college that would be a great recruiting coup. He was one of richts top 3 recruiters ever along with Jeremy Pruitt and bryan McClendon at uga

Brown is one of the better running back coaches in college football. Top 10 for sure. The last couple of years alone he has coached Melvin Gordon to his historical season, nick Chubb and Sony Michel, and now mark walton

Advertisement
I think it helps CMR having Jon at the position he is in. He is an extension of his dad. I think CMR enjoys coaching with his son. It seems to really make him happy. IMO anything that keeps CMR happy, motivated and content as our HC is overall great for our program as a whole. We are fortunate to have him.

Make Brown the running game coordinator, hire a passing game coordinator, make Jon a QC guy, then hire a recruiting beast/closer to handle ST or something.

Advertisement
Richt should hire Golden to coach TEs.

At will, For an hour, and then fire him.

I wouldn't having a N'Joku and Walford every year...

Randy found Walford. He also discovered Graham. Randy has an eye for TEs, something he is NOT given credit for.

Please do not give any unwarranted credit to Al. He sucked, and still does.

Except Clive was trash and unreliable until he got developed. Golden found and recruited Njoku and Herndon. Tight Ends is the ONLY thing Golden deserves credit for.

Randy found Walford. He also discovered Graham. Randy has an eye for TEs, something he is NOT given credit for.

Except Clive was trash and unreliable until he got developed. Golden found and recruited Njoku and Herndon. Tight Ends is the ONLY thing Golden deserves credit for.

Nah. Clive wasn't heavily recruited at all. Randy identified him and brought him in.

Clive was never a scrub. He averaged 10 yards per reception as a freshman, and 18 as a sophomore. Played throughout his entire career,and showed some promise early on.

Golden simply inherited him and furthered his production. I aint giving Golden full credit for Walford.

Nah. Clive wasn't heavily recruited at all. Randy identified him and brought him in.

Clive was never a scrub. He averaged 10 yards per reception as a freshman, and 18 as a sophomore. Played throughout his entire career,and showed some promise early on.

Golden simply inherited him and furthered his production. I aint giving Golden full credit for Walford.

Clive had good catch per reception, but that doesn't tell the story or his many inexcusable drops early in his career

Advertisement

Clive had good catch per reception, but that doesn't tell the story or his many inexcusable drops early in his career

True.. Other aspects to consider, no doubt.

He didn't really have much in front of him to grow under. Who'd we have? Cleveland?

His yards per reception were promising, and an indicator early on that he could become a solid receiving threat for us. He did exactly that.

I simply don't give Golden full credit for Walford.

Advertisement
Back