10th Assistant Coach

Advertisement
I think we need a guy with some serious offensive knowledge. I think the number one flaw with our staff is on the offensive side of the ball we don't have anyone who is a real x's and o's guy besides Richt. We need somebody who can help Richt gameplan.

Speaking of, has anyone figured out what Jon Richt actually does?

Mark Richt interviewed over ten candidates for that position without looking at the names. He told Thomas Brown to send the best blind candidate to the room and when he walked in it just so happened to be his son. It was a completely random and objective process in which Richt selected his quarterbacks coach.

I did not realize there were so many blind assistant coaches in college football.

Advertisement
Recruit the **** out of QB's & so far, he's done a good job at it...

If by Jon, you mean MARK, then yes I agree...

Quote from an article on N'Kosi:

Perry committed to Al Golden last year, but backed off when the coach was fired. After meeting the new coaching staff, he soon decided he wanted back in.

“I was looking for a few more offers,” Perry said of his time away from the Hurricanes. “But when I came for my visit and I first met coach [Mark] Richt down here, it was the greatest thing ever. I knew I didn’t want to go anywhere else.”

One thing that sealed the deal: he sat in on a quarterback meeting and made a study of the head coach.

“I liked the fact that Mark Richt was in there the whole time, making sure the players understand what’s going on,” Perry said. “Based on him being in the quarterback meeting the whole time, I can tell he trusts the rest of his coaches. He trusts the defensive coaches, the wide receiver coach, everybody, because he’s not in their meetings. He’s in there with the quarterbacks.”
If you don't think Jon heavily recruited both Perry & Weldon, then there's simply nothing to discuss with you further.

I respect you as a poster, but come on mane. I could recruit the **** out of 4-star QBs under Richt.

Not to mention Richt is essentially the QB coach with how hands on he is.

I mean here we are coddling Jon, when his spot as an asst should have gone elsewhere. He can be a **** QC guy.

What? Three pages in and nobody has mentioned bringing in Benedict Cristobal as Tackles and Tight ends coach? You guys are slippin.

Anyone related to Many Diaz is fine with me. Could be an infant for all I care. We know he will be a savage infant.

Advertisement
Recruit the **** out of QB's & so far, he's done a good job at it...

If by Jon, you mean MARK, then yes I agree...

Quote from an article on N'Kosi:

Perry committed to Al Golden last year, but backed off when the coach was fired. After meeting the new coaching staff, he soon decided he wanted back in.

“I was looking for a few more offers,” Perry said of his time away from the Hurricanes. “But when I came for my visit and I first met coach [Mark] Richt down here, it was the greatest thing ever. I knew I didn’t want to go anywhere else.”

One thing that sealed the deal: he sat in on a quarterback meeting and made a study of the head coach.

“I liked the fact that Mark Richt was in there the whole time, making sure the players understand what’s going on,” Perry said. “Based on him being in the quarterback meeting the whole time, I can tell he trusts the rest of his coaches. He trusts the defensive coaches, the wide receiver coach, everybody, because he’s not in their meetings. He’s in there with the quarterbacks.”
If you don't think Jon heavily recruited both Perry & Weldon, then there's simply nothing to discuss with you further.

I respect you as a poster, but come on mane. I could recruit the **** out of 4-star QBs under Richt.

Not to mention Richt is essentially the QB coach with how hands on he is.

I mean here we are coddling Jon, when his spot as an asst should have gone elsewhere. He can be a **** QC guy.
I respect you as well, but you're simply ignoring facts to nitpick at Jon...

Jon was huge in recruiting Perry, yes Mark was ultimate in landing him, but it can't be denied by anyone that Jon Richt didn't practically move up there to Ocala in order to get Perry back in the fold.

Jon dealt with him way more than Mark did, when Coaches went on visits, none of them went to see Perry, not even Coach Brown, the only person who's really had anything to do with Perry's recruitment over the last year was mainly Jon.

With Weldon, his Dad & Mark's relationship was pretty much what got him on board, but Jon is the one who he communicated with on the regular.

I wouldn't mind getting an established recruiter in Georgia. Start an additional pipeline there, obviously I know Richt and Brown still have a rapport with the community, I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt. Seems like we're starting to build the state of Miami again, so I don't think we need to go and get someone like Ice Harris again.

No other team that wants to compete for national championships voluntarily bogs itself down with THREE coaches that don't do anything (Jon, Brown, and Rumph). Nepotism is the surest way to never achieving your full potential.

There is only one true answer. He will be our passing game coordinator. His son is already in SFL.

And he needs Pastor Richt to bring him to the Holy Spirit right now

briles-art-52616-usnews-getty-ftr_157m2zo73fmq910fnh61aofbzn.jpg

Advertisement
I agree that Diaz is doing fine, but i think if we could get Michael Barrow back it would be huge.

Thank you. Someone finally brings up a proven commodity.

Michael barrows was terrible here no thank you....

No he wasn't. He was the one guy in the room willing to stand up to Golden. He begged Golden to offer Denzel.

okay he stood up to golden what does that have to do with anything? he was here for 6 years and Denzel is 1 player.

Sean Spence but sure.

You must know something Pete Carroll doesn't.

Our defense was drastically improved over 1 year,.. And defensive recruiting seems to be following suit! I would have to say offense needs to be the next priority..mainly line play and play call.

No other team that wants to compete for national championships voluntarily bogs itself down with THREE coaches that don't do anything (Jon, Brown, and Rumph). Nepotism is the surest way to never achieving your full potential.

Can we please stop the retarded Rumph is terrible narrative??

Did you watch games this year? Did you notice how much better Corn got?

Did Malek Young improve every single game?

Yea he may not be an ace recruiter but he can flat out coach.

Advertisement

Brown and rumph coach.

1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
2nd. LB coach to help Diaz out.
3rd. OL coach to help out Searles.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.

How about an offensive coordinator to help out Richt?

Advertisement
Back