10th Assistant Coach

Speaking of, has anyone figured out what Jon Richt actually does?

Mark Richt interviewed over ten candidates for that position without looking at the names. He told Thomas Brown to send the best blind candidate to the room and when he walked in it just so happened to be his son. It was a completely random and objective process in which Richt selected his quarterbacks coach.

lol

Advertisement
1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
2nd. LB coach to help Diaz out.
3rd. OL coach to help out Searles.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.
Diaz don't need any help, he's a savage LB coach, the job he did with the 3 Freshman LB's after losing two starters in Grace & Young, then losing more depth in Gordinier was nothing short of spectacular.

Agree, that we could add a ST's coach though, I'm fine with leaving Hartley at TE coach/recruiter.

I agree that Diaz is doing fine, but i think if we could get Michael Barrow back it would be huge.

Here goes the Ed Reed stuff again. Has Ed every give any indication he wants to coach in college? If not, then can we please stop bring up his name anytime there is an opening? Also, what has he done to show he would be a good coach? Great players do not always make great coaches...people need to get that out of their heads.

I'm not saying he won't end up being a great coach, but I don't get why everyone wants to bring in an unproven coach. Would he make our recruting that much better than it already is?

Advertisement
I don't think we mess with the Defense in any way. I would maybe bring in a young hot recruiter to coach special teams with maybe Hartley keeps coaching TE's and overseeing ST.

1st option. TE Coach and move Hartley to full time special teams coordinator and recruiter.
4th. WR coach to help out dugans, maybe dugans be outside wrs coach, and another guy coach up slot wrs.
Diaz don't need any help, he's a savage LB coach, the job he did with the 3 Freshman LB's after losing two starters in Grace & Young, then losing more depth in Gordinier was nothing short of spectacular.

Agree, that we could add a ST's coach though, I'm fine with leaving Hartley at TE coach/recruiter.

I agree that Diaz is doing fine, but i think if we could get Michael Barrow back it would be huge.

Thank you. Someone finally brings up a proven commodity.

Michael barrows was terrible here no thank you....

Advertisement
I wish the 10th assistant coach got accepted before Charlie Partridge went to Pitt he's exactly who we needed.

Anybody that can help assist calling plays/schemes to find holes in defenses! That V Tech game plan was atrocious offensively!

I mean at the end of the day TE/ST is the position I think we would be adding a coach too. But after that another guy to coach LBs or OL makes a lot of sense. But obviously positions like DB, RB, QB dont need another coach which only leaves WR, OL, DL, and LB. And Diaz could use some help since he's doing double duty as DC and LB coach. Brown isn't since he isn't also calling plays and ****.

This is all pointless because ST/TE coach is what will be added.

did you guys see what coach diaz did with 3 freshman LBS...... I think coach diaz is fine with the LBs.. I say go after somebody that can go get us recruits

Advertisement

Jonathan Patke

Wish it coulda been Charlie Partridge...Pitt hired him though.

Need another SoFla recruiting gun imo...

Advertisement

No he wasn't. He was the one guy in the room willing to stand up to Golden. He begged Golden to offer Denzel.

No he wasn't. He was the one guy in the room willing to stand up to Golden. He begged Golden to offer Denzel.

okay he stood up to golden what does that have to do with anything? he was here for 6 years and Denzel is 1 player.

Advertisement
Back