100 meter times

Haha I wonder why that is :rollcanes:

Here's a post by Witt's dad on CaneSport. He also posted a video of a meet with Josh running a 10.9

I try my best to keep from posting but i figured you all would like to know that Josh is much faster than 11.4. Yes he did run 11.4 at the Miramar prelims and did not make it to the final heat, which made him so mad you couldn't speak to him for a week lol. Here is a cell phone video of him running at the Dillard HS meet where three separate watches had him timed around 10.9/11 flat, the kid to his left jumped early but the three watches were focused on Josh so the false start did not effect his time. He will be easy to spot out in the video. Thanks so much for your support. GO CANES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9IMr-f6RM&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement
There's no reason for the nit-picking... Witt is a superb athlete. His film shows he can hit and the fact that he ran low 11s/high10s in the 100m shows he's fast... Now all Golden has to do is coach him up!

Witt really is that fast, started HS as a QB. I also heard golden say that he has run 10.9 100
I read where Crawford ran a 10.87, though I have also read he is the fastest recruit in the class

Crawford better not be the fastest guy in the class.

Why's that?

b/c he isn't fast at all IMO. 1 career time under 11. Hope he improves this year. Looks like a guy who needs to red shirt and get stronger. no explosion either at this point.

10.87 is pretty **** fast nites.. trust me i know..

Here are Lamar Miller's times in 2009:

11.00, 10.99, 11.10, 10.96, 11.06, 11.07, 10.73, 11.14, 10.79, 10.95, 10.71, 10.84.

That's basically 50% of his times at 11.

Besides, Nites played football, right? He should know that the 100M is a good indicator of speed, but not the best indicator of the "pop" and "acceleration" it takes to succeed at Corner. The focus should be on his short shuttle or even 3-cone (neither of which I know, but pointing out the comment is flawed).

dee hart couldnt clock 11.4 if he got a 10m head start.. but you couldnt tell that on the field..

Advertisement
**** we got some fast LBs in this class. There are plenty of fast guys in this class. I'm not worried about speed, I want football players.

Ok ill say it..... Cause I've been thinking it for a long time... Tracy Howard running an 11.2 is slow... I believe Tracy runs a mid 4.6 personally maybe even im scared to say a 4.7.. HE went to the event in Oregon and was the only athlete who didnt run a 40. Because if he wouldve ran a 40 he wouldve been dropped from 5 stars to 4 ... Not saying he cant be a good or even great corner.. But his speed is questionable.. Dude hasnt run a timed 40 at any combine that i can remember...Every 40 time listed is questionable and this 100 time solidified what i thought for a while. D'ont think he is going to be an elite (Patrick Peterson)corner unless he gets faster, which Im not sure he can get... (Cue the posters who gonna tell me that this corner and this corner arent very fast and are probowlers and that you dont have to be fast to be great) Which I agree because look at Brandon Mcgee but still its something to be worrisome about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nites is a disease on every board. Just ignore him he never has anything positive to say about the U.

Ok ill say it..... Cause I've been thinking it for a long time... Tracy Howard running an 11.2 is slow... I believe Tracy runs a mid 4.6 personally maybe even im scared to say a 4.7.. HE went to the event in Oregon and was the only athlete who didnt run a 40. Because if he wouldve ran a 40 he wouldve been dropped from 5 stars to 4 ... Not saying he cant be a good or even great corner.. But his speed is questionable.. Dude hasnt run a timed 40 at any combine that i can remember...Every 40 time listed is questionable and this 100 time solidified what i thought for a while. D'ont think he is going to be an elite (Patrick Peterson)corner unless he gets faster, which Im not sure he can get... (Cue the posters who gonna tell me that this corner and this corner arent very fast and are probowlers and that you dont have to be fast to be great) Which I agree because look at Brandon Mcgee but still its something to be worrisome about.

First, 11.2 is not slow for a high school kid who has not received any track training. Not slow at all. Second, Howard is one of the most fluid athletes you will ever see at the corner position. For example, DVD may beat Howard's *** 10/10 in the 100m, but Howard would beat DVD to the spot of the ball 10/10 on the field.

Advertisement

I mentioned throughout the build up to signing day that I saw him more as a Patrick Robinson type of corner.

FWIW, here are Tracy's times: 11.2 and 11.4. Clearly, he's not a straight speed guy. His best attribute is balance.

First, 11.2 is not slow for a high school kid who has not received any track training. Not slow at all. Second, Howard is one of the most fluid athletes you will ever see at the corner position. For example, DVD may beat Howard's *** 10/10 in the 100m, but Howard would beat DVD to the spot of the ball 10/10 on the field.

Agree totally...Im still concerned about his speed leaving him on an island against top notch D1 recievers...time will tell....

Advertisement
Just as an example of overrated 100m times... I remember seeing Rod Mack run a 10.9 100m at a track meet in HS. That guy didn't end up doing much here at LB. it's nice to see Witt running well, but it's hardly any indicator of how he'll do on the field. Look at Brandon Spikes...starting in the Super Bowl today and couldn't break 5 flat in the 40.

no way witt is that fast... hes got cb speed at olb....

Josh Witt was the fastest Linebacker in the ENTIRE COUNTRY from the Under Armour combines. This kid is going to get significant playing time from day 1, as I've said numerous times I think he's the best LB we brought in this class.

Advertisement
Back