1 mile from camping stadium

Cane looks like you're staying next to the new development Pendana at West Lakes that Orlando Lift is building in the location that used to be Orange Manor apartments. That area is being revitalized. For Canes who haven't seen that area in the past few years, I can understand why you would raise concern for an out of towner. However, Orange Center Blvd to S. Tampa Ave to the stadium should be uneventful, but use common sense.

Here's a Google satellite view of the community and the location you point to in your map above. The housing project south of Orange Center Blvd. is fenced in and abandoned.

Airbnb Left of Pendana at West Lake Construction Site

For those wondering...here is where I’m staying...like I said...fire away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cane looks like you're staying next to the new development Pendana at West Lakes that Orlando Lift is building in the location that used to be Orange Manor apartments. That area is being revitalized. For Canes who haven't seen that area in the past few years, I can understand why you would raise concern for an out of towner. However, Orange Center Blvd to S. Tampa Ave to the stadium should be uneventful, but use common.

Here's a Google satellite view of the community and the location you point to in your map above. The housing project south of Orange Center Blvd. is fenced in and abandoned.

Airbnb Left of Pendana at West Lake Construction Site

Thank you...that is exactly where I’m staying. You’re the man!

Staying at the Aloft just east of I4. Looks like the walk goes straight through the hood. Probably not the best idea to go on foot with the wife after the game right?

Nothing like some sorry *** Debbie downers to come in and post negativity.

If you want to stay in a hotel 10 miles away and deal with traffic be my guest. That’s your prerogative.

I’ll carry my cooler with my friends and have no traffic issues and be just fine.

You would think that with people being upset because of the change of plans, that people helping people would be a cool idea? But guess not.

I’ll go F*** myself.
That sounds exciting

Advertisement
Staying at the Aloft just east of I4. Looks like the walk goes straight through the hood. Probably not the best idea to go on foot with the wife after the game right?

Go up to Church Street. It's a bit of a walk, but it will be completely safe. Pedi-cabs if you don't want to walk.

Lol.....Yup....My home is 1/2 mile East of Camping World....Beautiful area just North of Lake Eola....ROTFLMFAO at a mile Radius of Stadium is bad...

Man, the soccer stadium is a half-mile east of the stadium. You are more like 1.5 miles east and .5 miles north, unless ColonialTown has expanded.

There are a few nice spots at the 1-mile edge of the radius, but this guy who says it's Mad Max is ridiculous. I walk to the soccer stadium for every game, from different directions depending on where I park.

On game day, walking from the official parking lots is going to be a cakewalk, there will be cops everywhere.

Walking from the unofficial parking lots will still be easy.

Walking from downtown will be a bit of a hike, and not the most pleasant at times. It's like walking from the Tallahassee Civic Center to Joke Campbell Stadium. Actually, making that walk in Tallahassee is more dangerous, in my experience. Those F$U losers like to throw bottles at UM fans.

You won't have that in Orlando, particularly for a big event. The police station is right there. Every cop in Orlando will be on duty.

Advertisement
Man, the soccer stadium is a half-mile east of the stadium. You are more like 1.5 miles east and .5 miles north, unless ColonialTown has expanded.

There are a few nice spots at the 1-mile edge of the radius, but this guy who says it's Mad Max is ridiculous. I walk to the soccer stadium for every game, from different directions depending on where I park.

On game day, walking from the official parking lots is going to be a cakewalk, there will be cops everywhere.

Walking from the unofficial parking lots will still be easy.

Walking from downtown will be a bit of a hike, and not the most pleasant at times. It's like walking from the Tallahassee Civic Center to Joke Campbell Stadium. Actually, making that walk in Tallahassee is more dangerous, in my experience. Those F$U losers like to throw bottles at UM fans.

You won't have that in Orlando, particularly for a big event. The police station is right there. Every cop in Orlando will be on duty.
The square of Bumby East....Anderson South....Magnolia/Rosalind West.....Colonial East, is pretty **** nice...Red Brick streets...Eola...Gardens galore...exceptional landscaping....Im straight...

Advertisement
What do you think about the Embassy suites by hilton just south of Lake Eola? How bad is the walk from there to the stadium?

Look, I LOVE CaneinOrlando, but I think he is underselling the walk quite a bit.

From Lake Eola, just walking due west, it is a half-mile to I-4 and then another mile to the stadium. Just check it on Mapquest.

Pre-game, you can break it up by heading to Orange Avenue/Church Street first, and getting a few drinks. From there, I promise you that it is a solid mile to the stadium. I have Orlando City Soccer season tickets, and it's nearly a half-mile from Church Street just to get to THAT stadium.

The square of Bumby East....Anderson South....Magnolia/Rosalind West.....Colonial East, is pretty **** nice...Red Brick streets...Eola...Gardens galore...exceptional landscaping....Im straight...

Absolutely. One of my best friends from HS lived in ColonialTown (north of Colonial, west of Bumby) in the late 90s when he was a sportswriter for the Orlando Sentinel. He had an easy commute (though he later moved to SoDo, east of Orange, south of Michigan).

I go through your area all the time, I hit a bunch of the restaurants in Mills-50 and the Milk District.

I can tell that you are used to the neighborhood, but the walk to the Citrus Bowl is a lot farther than you think.

Look, I LOVE CaneinOrlando, but I think he is underselling the walk quite a bit.

From Lake Eola, just walking due west, it is a half-mile to I-4 and then another mile to the stadium. Just check it on Mapquest.

Pre-game, you can break it up by heading to Orange Avenue/Church Street first, and getting a few drinks. From there, I promise you that it is a solid mile to the stadium. I have Orlando City Soccer season tickets, and it's nearly a half-mile from Church Street just to get to THAT stadium.
Google Earth has it at .88 mile from the Miami side of CWS to the hotel walking straight down W Central. I noticed there's a huge *** police station about half way there or so. Pine st. past Magnolia is brick? looks like a nice little area?

Advertisement
Like where the thread is going now guys...thanks for the valued input regardless if the original intent is accomplished.

Nothing like some sorry *** Debbie downers to come in and post negativity.

If you want to stay in a hotel 10 miles away and deal with traffic be my guest. That’s your prerogative.

I’ll carry my cooler with my friends and have no traffic issues and be just fine.

You would think that with people being upset because of the change of plans, that people helping people would be a cool idea? But guess not.

I’ll go F*** myself.

Just make sure to write your SS# on your arm for identification purposes 😂
2501CC74-AA1E-4763-8B09-DDD54EB5D3C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 9362F53C-6A2E-4A33-9D27-1379AC40782D.gif
    9362F53C-6A2E-4A33-9D27-1379AC40782D.gif
    572.1 KB · Views: 23
Advertisement
Back