2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
Bump. Im intrigued by this kid. Is he considered to be at the top of our RB board for the 23 class? Who exactly is on our RB board for 23? Thanks
Mark Fletcher seems to be far and away RB1 for us. We must be recruiting Young somewhat as we made his top 10, but he hasn’t seemed like a huge priority so far and hasn’t been to any of our events that’s been reported. Seems like FSU if he stays in state and Bama if he leaves from what I have read.

We also recently had Sedrick Irvin’s kid on campus who is a 4 star.

Mark Fletcher seems to be far and away RB1 for us. We must be recruiting Young somewhat as we made his top 10, but he hasn’t seemed like a huge priority so far and hasn’t been to any of our events that’s been reported. Seems like FSU if he stays in state and Bama if he leaves from what I have read.

Zero chance Sed’s kid comes here

Advertisement

Thanks. Makes sense it would be Mark Fletcher.

Mario & Hickson can land this kid.

Hopefully he keeps Hickson, because he only landed two 4-star RB’s in 4 years at Oregon, RB recruiting was not his strong suit there & Jim Mastro is not the guy to land a big target like this.

Hickson has already proven he’s a Big Fish angler, some have suggested Seider, but take a deep dive into Seider’s evals, most of the high ranked RB’s he’s landed have been busts. He may be a good salesman but I don’t think he’s a great coach.

I’ll take Hickson over Seider.
I agree. Would love to keep Hickson. He’s a dude on the recruiting trail, and a good evaluator of talent.

Advertisement
Their top guys have been going to fsu recently. DB Cooper and a DL from a couple years ago whose names I cant remember. He played for fsu too
True but we never made the effort to go after Cooper. I know LCE was all about the Cooper kid(CB) but I'm not even sure if we offered. Cooper had a tremendous game against us for FSU this year. Another miss by Lispy and his circus clowns.

Having said all that I definitely think we can pull Richard Young now that Mario is here. I agree with those who have stated their desire to keep Hickson. Dude can pull big time RB talent. He has proven this. Mastro on the other hand has not proven that he can hunt the big game like Hickson has. IMO the No.1 skill you want in your RB coach besides coaching is the ability to recruit. Your RB coach should be an elite recruiter plain and simple.

Advertisement
If Deion can take Hunter which is as close to a lock there ever was, we can take this kid if we want to. We back to recruiting kids instead of giving up and going to plan B before their senior season even starts. Some kids are firm, others you can recruit, show them love and a vision. Woo the parents or guardians. Thats how you sell recruits. Our old staffs thought kids should be begging to come when they finishing 6-6

He is a larger, slightly more raw version of Dalvin. He is a total game changer. He would kill it at Miami!

Advertisement

Sign me the **** up

Schitts Creek Wow GIF by Emmys

I would love to see a compilation of this guy getting tackled and stopped to get a sense of what it actually takes to bring him down.

I would love to see a compilation of this guy getting tackled and stopped to get a sense of what it actually takes to bring him down.
Ha. I came to write the same thing. Difficult to make comments on his highlight video because defenders rarely get near him. Only thing I can really say is he looks for the sideline a lot, but that's expected for a player with his burst.

Do you guys really think a kids HC being a fan of a school has any bearing on a kid’s decision?
I’d say it plays a role. We had tons of kids go to BU from my high school. Far outnumbered every other school we sent kids to and my coach was a big BU guy.

Hockey world so maybe it’s different but I doubt it.

Advertisement
Back