1:11 on the Clock 3 TOs

Advertisement
This is a Monday QB thread and hilarious. Personally I thought a short safe pass or that play they run where the RB tosses it back to TVD and fire it deep would've been a good effort since a long TO wasn't dangerous or take a knee once and then on the next snap catch them sleeping and go deep, which I thought they might do. (The Dan Marino play)

I didn’t like it either. I was thinking a little schwing pass to Rooster, he makes a guy miss or a guy slips and he’s off to the races. Almost came back to bite Manny, but it worked out. At this point we’re just bouncing rubble looking for things to complain about (Nesta as a spy, anyone). Honesty, if he canned his special teams coordinator, hired a DC that was effective, recruited better and developed the talent he had, and was a better game day manager, I’d be tempted to give him another year.
You forgot to add a few things.. instilled more discipline, taught better tackling, actually prepared the team to play games, figured out bye weeks. So basically, if he weren't a **** coach, I'd agree with you.

Ball on 20
TvD is 10/16 with 235 yds passing
Multiple 20+ yard plays
Scoring drives of less than 2 minutes
Getting the ball again to start the 2nd half

Manny decides to kneel!!!
Folks, you need to stop with the I know better than the coach talk. You don’t have all the info.

Advertisement
Give it a shot on 1st and 2nd down.
If we're driving, all good. If not have them burn their last TO on 3rd down.
They weren't going to drive 70 yards in less than a minute with no TO's.

Last series before the kneel downs TVD threw one of maybe 2 or three bad balls on the night where he threw an out to Rambo and the corner was sitting on the route. Should have been an easy pick 6. Manny’s tiny ********s crawled up into his ****** at that point and he started thinking about protecting his defense.
@Ecush, LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

\ /

Advertisement
No. It wasn't raining. I was out on the concourse during halftime.

I understood it from the perspective that we're up 28-13 and got the ball to start the 3rd. But, considering how good TVD is, that we didn't try to run a good play on 1st and 2nd down and see where it would lead, was certainly peculiar.
Exactly

It’s just an example of his tenure here. Playing not to lose before the half? With this defense?

TVD was rolling. That almost pick 6 has zero effect on him and even if we did throw a pick 6 right before the half…we are 5-5 for ***** sake

What are we protecting? Then on the other side of the field you got an interim coach onside kicking it because why not?

Very frustrating decision for me

(Edit: if they were protecting TVDs knee then I can understand that)

Last edited:
Wasn’t it raining and Miami almost had an interception prior possession? Axing as I culd not watch the game.
It's all good, dog!
Yeah it was raining but it was also raining throughout the game and the rain hadn't stopped us from scoring the entire 1st half. We had an opportunity to keep scoring points and the coach decided to take his foot off the gas instead of trying to put a team away that was clearly on the ropes.

Advertisement
Ball on 20
TvD is 10/16 with 235 yds passing
Multiple 20+ yard plays
Scoring drives of less than 2 minutes
Getting the ball again to start the 2nd half

Manny decides to kneel!!!
Mario will probably do the same, unlike Herman and Muffin.

Advertisement
We could have tried a few short passes and see if our receivers could gain major YAC. If we got to midfield with 40 - 50 seconds left, we’d be able to get into field goal range, at the least…

I guess its damned if you do, damned if you don't. We get a TO and its "OMG how stupid! He should have just (fill in the blank with whatever he did not do)".

It was a good win. I got no real complaints.
Did you feel the same way when Rooster got stuffed on the 4th down call late in the 4th qtr and it looked like VT was taking over at our 30 to pull ahead.

Who in their right mind takes a knee on 2 consecutive plays at the end of the first half with over a minute to play and 3 timeouts, rain or no rain it was a stupid decision.
Ice Cream Dessert GIF by Shaking Food GIFs
The same head coach who thought it was a good call to stop FSU 4 times from the 1 ft line instead of giving TVD the ball with 50+ seconds and a timeout to drive for a tying/winning FG.

Advertisement
Back