1:11 on the Clock 3 TOs

Advertisement
For those saying the monsoon started, it wasn’t raining that heavy compared to any other point in the first half and.. with three timeouts you can try to work the run game/screen/short passes. Not every pass has to go to the sticks when you have that much time with three TO’s in your pocket.

Every game besides Bama and Sparty were one possession games, Manny knows he’s gone and literally has nothing else to lose and he STILL doesn’t have the play to win/killer mentality. Just another box checked on the laundry list of **** that makes Manny incompetent.

I am not sure going into a shell every time the QB throws a near pick six is the best approach, especially with TVD.
It would have the best chance to run the 2 min offense to see what he could do, even with having to protect the ball in the rain.
Who knows, we could have needed to run it at the end of the game in the rain.

That was a gutless, job protecting call.
I agree, I just see both sides of it. We were up, getting the ball back to start the half, wet ball, and your QB looks a little rattled.

Ball on 20
TvD is 10/16 with 235 yds passing
Multiple 20+ yard plays
Scoring drives of less than 2 minutes
Getting the ball again to start the 2nd half

Manny decides to kneel!!!
Has a minute left in the UVA game to get closer or score a TD. He kneels, we lose.

Advertisement
VT eventually had possession down by less than TD. That was not the plan. Didn’t turn out ok.
After they fired their coach mid week, had to switch to a basic high school level offensive game plan with a back up QB and on the road. Manny Diaz is so bad. I can't even make this stuff up. We should have won that game by 35 points. Manny kept VT in the game like he always does.

-It was RL's decision: you'll see he conferred with MD just before the possession... But is this really worth bit**ing about lol?
I saw it the other way around. Lashlee checking with the HC do I sit on it or try for more points?

But Manny is in the epilogue on his sad story at the U. So you are right. Who cares at this point?

Turned out okay didn’t it?

Not really.

The decision to kneel was a momentum killer. Not to mention another missed opportunity to run a 2 minute offense with a young team that hasn't had many game time opportunities play under those circumstances.

The results of that horrendous decisions was the team came out flat in the 2nd half and the next thing you know we're in yet another dog fight with a team led by a HS coaching staff with inferior talent.

Sure we won the game but our coach doesn't get a pass for doing stupid ****t just because the team wins the game in spite of his horrible coaching decisions.

Advertisement
Manny just didn’t want to run plays and accidentally cross mid-field where he would undoubtedly botch the time management situation. He playin chess on y’all…

For a guy that talks about analytics so much that was not the right decision. You try to get points.

Ball on 20
TvD is 10/16 with 235 yds passing
Multiple 20+ yard plays
Scoring drives of less than 2 minutes
Getting the ball again to start the 2nd half

Manny decides to kneel!!!
And why he’s a loser and will never be a P5 HC ever again…

Advertisement
I mean, yeah, it was on and off, but I distinctly recall leaving right after halftime and walking out. It wasn't raining then. I don't recall if it was raining when we started the possession? I'd say no but can't say definitively.
I was there as well. It was raining pretty hard as that possession started, and the rain then slowed to a drizzle at halftime, the rain kept coming in waves. So I can understand the hesitation by Manny a little bit. However, given that we still had 3 timeouts I feel he should have attempted a safe play or two to see if we break one for a good chunk of yards instead of being completely cautious.

Trusts his turnstile defense to keep FSU out of the endzone for 4 plays with the ball on the 1-foot line to win the game.

Doesn't trust the one of the hottest QB's in the country to move the ball down the field with a minute and change and 3 timeouts to try and extend the lead going into the half.

That's our corch.

Advertisement
Hey Iaz

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

Who in their right mind takes a knee on 2 consecutive plays at the end of the first half with over a minute to play and 3 timeouts, rain or no rain it was a stupid decision.
Ice Cream Dessert GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Was the ball wet? Was the field wet? Not saying I agree with the decision, but with a 15 point lead (?), the thinking was why risk a weather-related turnover? Not that I agree with the decision, but not a hill I'd be willing to die on as a detractor.

The field was wet the entire game but at least take a deep shot if you don’t hit then take a knee…

I'm not sure which decision I favor more. That one or the fact that we got the ball back with 9 minutes left, VT 3 timeouts, we're up 12 and decided to throw it about 7 times for 30 yards, run a minute off the clock and punt. If there was ANY chance for them to come back throwing incompletions instead of running clock was the way to let them back in.

Advertisement
Back