🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

Advertisement
That's why we had 9 students going s going to an Ivy League School right. In the class of 2020, we already have a few going to Ivy League schools with lots more still to come. Go do your research on the school systems in Fairfield County.

clearly, my last response went WAY over your head, which kind of proves my point. You’re obviously a below average to well below average student at a good school.

clearly, my last response went WAY over your head, which kind of proves my point. You’re obviously a below average to well below average student at a good school.
LMFOA. You have no Idea what you are talking about. Lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yup!! lmao. People always get surprised when they hear that. They think all the MIT guys go on to be engineers and schit like that, but in fact the street just looks for the most qualified guys. They don't care if you where a finance or an engineering major. They want people that are intelligent who can learn the tricks of the trade.

That;s been going on for eons. Good buddy was a Warton guy and told me all the IBs were littered with psych/math/liberal arts majors.

Advertisement
That is exactly how it happens. I have another guy with a similar degree from Stanford I work with. I as shocked when I first heard about it, but then I realized it was actually very common. They will take an MIT engineering major person over an econ kid from a school like Cornell or Penn any day of the week.
Math is math mane. Econ is more theory and engineering is more data/number crunching.

DK Metcalf is 229 pounds which is really heavy for a receiver and he was still able to run a 4.3. I looked the average 40 yard time for combine and its a 4.9. And I feel like you get slower from high school because you add weight. But on the flip side, you do a lot of conditioning in college

giphy.gif

It's the best we can get right now considering the circumstances.

Our last WR corch messed up with his approach for this class & considering we ran the Enox 3 & out express we weren't all that attractive to a lot of high rated WR's.

In a new Spread offense with a better recruiter at WR, we'll land plenty of 4-star WR's for the 21 class.

But late in January being that the majority of the best WR prospects have already signed, Idk which 4/5-stars you could expect for us to sign?

And star ratings don't determine productivity for WR's in college, traits, route running & systems do. Just because he's a 3-star doesn't automatically disqualify him from being a good productive player for us.
I know you were pretty adamant that we wouldn’t get any good 2021 SFLA WRs with Stubblefield. Now that he and Enos are gone, do you feel that changes everything with our standing with local receivers?

Advertisement
No, star ratings aren't 100% correct, but they have a very high correlation with success.

High correlation of team success especially. The star system is better now than it ever has been because these kids rating are going up as they get the big school offers. So it takes the job away from the journalists and they’re based off of coaching evals a lot of the time.

Not too long ago they were being rated by English majors and communications majors that had no idea what they were doing other than writing recruiting stories

Another Lincoln Kid who I wouldnt mind seeing a PWO going too. Kid is a straight dog and has the swag to match

I guess Miami really leaving these South Florida kids alone. I don’t remember a time we went after a Cali WR like this. This is a head scratcher. Hope he’s worth the trip. But again... ENOUGH OF THE SMALL WR!!
Small..... ??? We have a guy on this very site that has seen this young guy in person several times and he says the kid is at least 6’1” and weighing in at around 180. If that’s small for a HS WR, I’m Shaquille O’Neal, and I guess DK Metcalf is just average.

Advertisement
Back