šŸšØ NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR šŸšØ

Advertisement
1579662816701.png

U watched the tape?..ppl thought Britt was a 5star wr 2 cycles ago..point is some ppl bloom late some kids early..plenty of proof to that
I donā€™t think heā€™s necessarily a bad take because of the numbers and EE. Itā€™s just looking at the type of guys Miami regularly pulls at WR, Iā€™m not really seeing him over those types eventually if lashlee does get the ball rolling and recruiting like he should be.

The tape ainā€™t bad but if the guy is supposed to be 4.5 laser Iā€™m expecting some other sht, but donā€™t get me wrong I hope he balls and my jag post gets bumped in two years.

Advertisement
Small..... ??? We have a guy on this very site that has seen this young guy in person several times and he says the kid is at least 6ā€™1ā€ and weighing in at around 180. If thatā€™s small for a HS WR, Iā€™m Shaquille Oā€™Neal, and I guess DK Metcalf is just average.
A guy on this site?!? Lol. Ohhhh Okay. Iā€™m glad you say that cause I was looking at reputable sources.

Advertisement
Sounds under the radar until last minute based on 247 article. Biggins thinks 247 too low on him

ā€œHeā€™s kind of a stud,ā€ Biggins said.ā€œSan Diego is just kind of one of those places where kids fall through the cracks. Heā€™s a really good athlete. The last two years, he was really productive. Heā€™s a good athlete. A track guy. I donā€™t know if he ran last year, but he was a long jumper, a high jumper and a sprinter as a sophomore. Pretty explosive. Really good ball control and awareness. Doesnā€™t fight the ball and tracks it very well. A punt return guy and a kick return guy ā€¦ I guarantee you heā€™s going to out perform guys that we have rated higher. Heā€™s good.ā€

James Proche had 111rec 1,225yds 15TD's
Cedric Byrd had 98rec 1,097yds 10TD's
Omar Bayless had 93rec 1,653yds 17TD's
Tyler Johnson had 86red 1,318yds 13TD's
Antonio Gandy-Golsen had 79rec 1,396yds 10TD's
Damonte Coxie had 76rec 1,276yds 9TD's
Tutu Atwell had 70rec 1,276yds 12TD's
Gabe Davis had 72rec 1,241yds 12TD's
Rashod Bateman had 60rec 1,219yds 11TD's
Brandon Aiyuk had 65rec 1,192yds 8TD's
Quez Watkins had 64rec 1,178yds 6TD's
Lucky Jackson had 94rec 1,133yds 4TD's
Tre Walker had 79rec 1,161yds 2TD's

None of them were 4-stars in High School, there's about 20-30 more I could name, but the point is it's possible to be productive while not being a 4/5-star WR.

Yes, stars matter. No one with half a brain would ever argue they don't, but stars don't determine your productivity especially at WR. It's more about the system you play in more than anything.

Should we try to land every high rated recruit we possibly can, absolutely 1,000%, no questions about it. But does that mean we can never take a kid that doesn't meet the high 4/5-star requirements? I certainly would hope not.

We're not in a position where we can get the pick of the litter for any player we want, therefore our coaches have to do their due diligence & find players that fit their system & can contribute early. When you have dire depth situations while simultaneously being a losing program you don't get to be as picky.

I could name a **** of a lot more 3 stars that ended up being trash.

Reggie Wayne?
oh wow someone comparing a random out of state 3 star to a player UM signed 25 years ago. This isnt the exact same dumb position that the same dummies have taken for the past 15 years

We must have 25 reggie waynes and 45 ed reeds over the past 15 yeara

Advertisement
That;s been going on for eons. Good buddy was a Warton guy and told me all the IBs were littered with psych/math/liberal arts majors.

He is 100% correct. Now being in IB is not really the "thing to do" so they aren't getting as much of the top tier talent as they did back in the day, but the more profitable positions are landing those same guys.

Advertisement
Kid reminds me of AR15. A lot of porsters questioned the offer to Ahmmon when we offered after watching his junior film. Lots of people questioned his comp level. People even questioned his speed back then because they said that he ā€œonlyā€ ran a 4.5 in high-school, which is fast as fugg.

Bottom line is that this kid is a find. He is twitchy, fast, has excellent hands, balance, body control, and makes hella contested catches. Dude is a playmaker, period. He fits perfectly in Lashleeā€™s system. I look forward to seeing a lot of you doubters and naysayers eating crow.

Last edited:
@Liberty City El I told you dude these skilled WRs practically grow on trees around the country. There are SFl upperclassmen on the rooster that have nowhere near the caliber of footwork and strength at the line of scrimmage, disciplined acceleration to sell the vertical release and precise footwork on the route breaks, and ball skills in traffic. This guy and Worsham are way ahead of the game.

It's a brave new world for Miami at the WR position. The transition is happening from raw divas to polished workers. Embrace the change! #technicianSZN

I 100% agree

Kid reminds me of AR15. A lot of porsters questioned the offer to Ahmmon when we offered after watching his junior film. Lots of people questioned his comp level. People even questioned his speed back then because they said that he ā€œonlyā€ ran a 4.5 in high-school, which is fast as fugg.

Bottom line is that this kid is a find. He is twitchy, fast, has excellent hands, balance, body control, and makes hella contested catches. Dude is a playmaker, period. He fits perfectly in Lachleeā€™s system. I look forward to seeing a lot of you doubters and naysayers eating crow.
yeah he has long strides so he doesnt seem that fast but he blows by people. it looks effortless at times. However, hes not AR. AR was special. i get the comprasion though.

Advertisement
Back